Zack Freeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 371

User Lists: 0

Edited By Zack Freeman
    No Caption Provided
    Booster Gold tries to right a tragic mistake he made while fighting some supervillains in the park, all while trying to mend fences with his sister, Goldstar.

THE GOOD 
    Dan Jurgens knows what he's doing so well, he really makes it look effortless. There's plenty of eye candy with the opening splash pages he use (and I'll compliment the hi-fi coloring, too), but, to my pleasant surprise, there are actually portions of this that are genuinely moving. You can really sympathize with Booster's recognition that he's not one of the DCU's big guns and, though he means well, he's really in over his head most of the time. I especially liked the sub-plot with family's dog getting killed in the crossfire and him trying to a find a way to fix his mistake. And I'll give a big thumbs up to clues Jurgens sprinkles throughout the background leading up to the surprise about a third of the way through. He didn't cheat! 

THE BAD 
    The panels of Rip Hunter hiding in the foreground while Booster was having his heart to heart with Goldstar came off a lot more humorously than they probably were intended to be. Maybe it was the panel of him tearing up, or the fact that he was only about 10 feet away from them, but I was rolling my eyes a little.

THE VERDICT
    When people talk about good, old fashion superhero stories, this is the kind of thing I lean to. Jurgens isn't trying to reinvent the wheel here, just give you a good 22 pages of action and emotion with characters you've grown to love over the years.  This issue manages to be part of a longer story arc while still delivering a complete plot with a beginning, middle, end and character arc in one-shot. I'd say this is the best of the books I've read this week.

4/5
    danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By danhimself

Booster Gold has been solid for the past 31 issues...it's to bad that this is Dan Jurgens' last issue

Clara Mass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Clara Mass

This issue was my jumping on point but still liked it.  Straight forward perfection

Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By Decept-O

Again, a good review.    

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By PrinceIMC

Might have to start picking up the trades of this too so I can catch up.

The Clock King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By The Clock King

I was initiated into the Booster Gold Fan Club when my lovely girlfriend decided to get me all of the Blackest Night tie-ins so my ring set would be complete. This book was by far a standout not only in the tie ins, but in the story-arc itself. I can't wait to see how Booster gets tied in to the upcoming time-skipping storyline centered around Bruce Wayne.

goldenkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By goldenkey

THE DOG DIED?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.