Follow

Booster Gold

Character » Booster Gold appears in 1125 issues.

Humiliated in his own time-period, the 25th century, Michael Jon Carter stole future technology and a security robot named Skeets and traveled back into the 20th century to become the greatest hero you've never heard of: Booster Gold!

Booster Gold... Worth Reading?

Rothschild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Rothschild

I'm not too familiar with teh guy... But I cant lie, seen him on Brave & The Bold today with Bats fightin Vandal Savage and just wondered, is the dudes book worth reading... If he's anywhere near funny like he was on B&B then i'll def peep

geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By geraldthesloth

He's hillarious when he chooses to be he's beeing written by a great writer right now I deffinatley suggest you check his ongoing out, it's worth it for sure.

Rothschild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Rothschild
    @geraldthesloth:
     Thanks man, I'm hittin up the LCS on weds to get my othe rbooks and i'll cop Booster
    burr787

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By burr787

When Geoff Johns was writing his ongoing it was good. Now it's okay, Ive picked up the last two issues and it's kind of in the middle. Nothing blows me away about it. His character is also changed. Now instead of being fame and fortune hungry he is a time cop that is sort being mentored by Rip Hunter. His series is about him fixing problems that occur in the past that arn't supposed to happen like for the latest story he has to stop Dick Grayson from dying as a kid so he can become Batman. He meets up with a lot of DC characters when they were younger and all of the characters in the present hate him because to not screw with the time line he can't say what he does or what he's doing, so he pretends to act like the joke of the superhero community. Overall it's not that good of a book but it's kind of funny and if you like the character (or the blue Beetle since he is in a few issues and even has a side story at the end of the current issues) than I would get an issue to see if you like or just read Geoff Johns run on the book.

Jotham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5  Edited By Jotham

I'm on the fence about the character but the book is pretty good. You should probably read from the beginning of the current series, though. Actually I think you might have to read 52. I think the current story begins there.

Rothschild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Rothschild

Isnt 52 like 52 issues long? Thats a s*** load of money... I'll just try to start from #22 of BG and work my way backwards...

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7  Edited By Nighthunter

Dropped the book when Johns left but recently came back because of the Blue Beetle co-feature (What can I say, I love Jaime)

So far it's good and love the fact that besides everything the writers tend to do references to other companies or pop culture icons. Perfect example being when Booster Gold stopped the Fantastic Four from going into the trip that would have given them the powers.

Current story is something I'm enjoying, then again the love that Dan Jurgens is showing the Dick Grayson character is a big factor there

Rothschild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Rothschild
    @Nighthunter said:
    "Dropped the book when Johns left but recently came back because of the Blue Beetle co-feature (What can I say, I love Jaime)So far it's good and love the fact that besides everything the writers tend to do references to other companies or pop culture icons. Perfect example being when Booster Gold stopped the Fantastic Four from going into the trip that would have given them the powers.Current story is something I'm enjoying, then again the love that Dan Jurgens is showing the Dick Grayson character is a big factor there"

Thanks... I have some extra cash so i'm buying my usual books, some others im trying and like 3-4 Booster Gold Issues
    Jotham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Jotham
    @Rothschild: Why not get the first TPB of the series? It's probably the cheapest option and you'll be able to see if you like it.
    Rothschild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Rothschild

But what if I can get Vooster #1 that would make sense wouldnt it?

Jotham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Jotham
    @Rothschild: It's not really a series where the issues stand on their own, if you're going to get any then get a few.
    Rothschild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Rothschild
    @Jotham said:
    "@Rothschild: It's not really a series where the issues stand on their own, if you're going to get any then get a few."

I plan on getting a few
    Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#13  Edited By Zoom
    @Rothschild said:
    "Isnt 52 like 52 issues long? Thats a s*** load of money... I'll just try to start from #22 of BG and work my way backwards... "
    You can buy it in trade and save yourself some money (four parts and comes out to .65 cents an issue and that's buying it new).  It is absolutely magnificent story.

But if you really like Booster Gold because he's funny, then you need to read Giffen's Justice League and Justice League International.
    http://www.dccomics.com/dcu/graphic_novels/?gn=11162
    http://www.dccomics.com/dcu/graphic_novels/?gn=11913

Or you could just go for I Can't Believe Its Not the Justice League
    http://www.dccomics.com/dcu/graphic_novels/?gn=4428

Johns' Booster Gold is good but Giffen's Booster Gold is better.
    JLAsuperdude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14  Edited By JLAsuperdude

This has nothing to do with this but is Ted Kord coming back as a black lantern

Jackalyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Jackalyn

Yes, Ted is coming back as a Black Lantern in the next few issues.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.