Booster Gold is Coming to Television

• 92 results
Posted by G-Man (37662 posts) - - Show Bio
"This is supposed to be the Booster Gold Show!"

Get ready for Booster Gold to get the prime time exposure he craves. The Hollywood Reporter has revealed that SyFy wants to bring the character to the small screen. They've ordered a pilot for a one-hour drama based on the character.

The show will involve Greg Berlanti's Berlanti Productions in association with Warner Horizon Television. Other projects include No Ordinary Family, Brothers & Sisters and Green Lantern. Berlanti will serve as executive producer. Andrew Kreisberg will write the script as well as executive produce.

The story will have Booster as a washed-up athlete from the future who goes back in time hoping to become the world's greatest superhero. As in the comics, his focus is on fame and fortune.

We'll have to stay tuned to see if the show moves beyond the pilot stage.

#1 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (34297 posts) - - Show Bio

Booster Gold woo hoo 
Sy Fy boooooo

#2 Posted by NyxEquitis (401 posts) - - Show Bio

Interesting.

#3 Posted by StarKiller809 (1239 posts) - - Show Bio

I would love to see a character from DC Comics to get a live-action television show, I'm not sure I would watch it because of the channel it is going to appear on. I'm not really a fan of Sy-Fy, but I'll probably give it a few episodes and if I'm not into it I'll stop watching. 

If it gets picked up. It wouldn't be the first time this year a DC Comics characters pilot didn't get picked up.

#4 Posted by Outside_85 (9918 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, i guess thats another for the pile containing the Aquaman, Nightwing, Raven and Green Arrow (?) shows that never happened.

#5 Posted by Icarusflies (12508 posts) - - Show Bio

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!! :D

This would be amazing, I would certainly try to watch it if it were on.

I hope Ted Kord appears!

#6 Posted by darkrider (462 posts) - - Show Bio

ted kord should be in the show

#7 Posted by AwesomeAquaman (153 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman approves! Oh wait...SyFy?

#8 Posted by Eyz (3095 posts) - - Show Bio

@AwesomeAquaman said:

Aquaman approves! Oh wait...SyFy?

COULD BE AWESOME, if done well!

And I do like Syfy current shows quite a lot, great directors and writers around that channel. (like Warehouse 13, Eureka, Haven, Alphas... so many well done shows, even on small budgets)

#9 Posted by NightFang (10197 posts) - - Show Bio

Well SyFy has been doing okay with shows like Alphas, Being Human and Haven. So i'll give Booster Gold a chance if they make him more like his Smallville appearances, witch was base of the 52 version.

#10 Posted by PrinceIMC (5422 posts) - - Show Bio

Hopefully they'll be able to incorporate a good number of other DC heroes. They'll have an easier time than Jessica Jones since her show can't step on the toes of future Marvel movies.

#11 Posted by Daveyo520 (2447 posts) - - Show Bio

Whhhhy?

#12 Posted by moywar700 (2775 posts) - - Show Bio

I Would prefer a Cloak and Dagger pilot

#13 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow I love SyFy..but for some reason I just really hope that they can handle doing this show. Anyone who is familiar with the channel like I know that every so often they have good shows/miniseries come out, but they are seldome consistently coming out with good ideas. This can be either a hit or miss I say. I hope its done right though, I really do.

#14 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (9247 posts) - - Show Bio

I wonder if it is going to be a live action or cartoon tv show. I guess it will be live action since it is on SyFy. I wonder if the guy who played Booster Gold in Smallville will play Booster Gold in this tv show if it is a live action.

#15 Posted by Blizaga101 (944 posts) - - Show Bio

@moywar700: agreed :D

#16 Posted by Rhi (58 posts) - - Show Bio

A Booster freaking Gold tv show? HELL YES PLEASE!!!!!!!!

#17 Posted by shrmntnk62 (251 posts) - - Show Bio

As long as they try harder on this show than they do on their godawful mvies I'm in,

#18 Posted by goldenkey (2927 posts) - - Show Bio

this could work

#19 Posted by Joe Venom (1275 posts) - - Show Bio

Who loves Booster Gold? This guy! (ME)

#20 Posted by Kairan1979 (16897 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't understand how they are going to do Booster Gold show without showing DC A-listers to compare Booster to them.

#21 Posted by Decept-O (7284 posts) - - Show Bio

@RedheadedAtrocitus: Oh heck yeah I agree with that one. Their new take on The Phantom wasn't too bad but it sort of fizzled out. However, majority of their "original" programs and movies ( if one can call them that ) are deplorable.

Booster Gold however seems like a property ripe for a TV take, it wouldn't be too difficult to do in terms of story and FX I would think. Yet I have a feeling they will go the cheap route here and forego plenty of things associated with Booster and it will bomb. One can hope, though.

#22 Posted by Dedpool (369 posts) - - Show Bio

Action comedy GOLD!! Pun inteded!!!

#23 Posted by bigsoto74 (216 posts) - - Show Bio

I never liked Booster Gold I always thought he was lame but, I will watch the first few episodes to see if they make him better on TV than he is in the comics.

#24 Posted by The Stegman (25494 posts) - - Show Bio

EWWW syfy?? come on put him on a real network

#25 Posted by dvorak (187 posts) - - Show Bio

I love Dan Jurgens' work with Booster. It's not the same when other people write him, so I hope he's involved. Much like the character himself, I think he's easily misunderstood.

It would also be cool to see Ted Kord on the show as well, as people have said.

#26 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

Finally a character I care about! Now if only it were animated...

#27 Posted by jordama (4225 posts) - - Show Bio

Wasn't blue beetle getting a show?

#28 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

#29 Posted by sora_thekey (8184 posts) - - Show Bio

I wonder if the guy who played Booster Gold in the Smallville series will reprise the role for the pilot.

#30 Posted by ArtisticNeedham (2296 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't wait. I love Booster!

#31 Posted by The_Tree (7864 posts) - - Show Bio

Yay! Hopefully they don't screw him up. Booster's my favorite DC character.

#32 Posted by The Impersonator (5585 posts) - - Show Bio

Will this show be a spin-off from Smallville?

#33 Posted by bigsoto74 (216 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Stegman said:

EWWW syfy?? come on put him on a real network

The only Shows that I like now on Syfy is Alphas and Being Human. Everything else I am not a fan of. I do wish they never got rid of like Stargate Universe.

#34 Posted by DarkLantern (14 posts) - - Show Bio

Sweet! Booster Gold is the man!

#35 Posted by The_Tree (7864 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kairan1979 said:

I don't understand how they are going to do Booster Gold show without showing DC A-listers to compare Booster to them.

Yeah, his best issues were the ones where he teamed up with other characters. I'd love to see a recreation of Booster trying to save Barbara Gordon from being crippled.

And Max Lord, Rip Hunter, Goldstar, Skeets, Blue Beetle, and Black Beetle are a must for this.

#36 Posted by Mercy_ (92990 posts) - - Show Bio
@spiderbat87
Booster Gold woo hoo 
Sy Fy boooooo
#37 Posted by Mbecks14 (2068 posts) - - Show Bio

OOO YES! Good plan!

Next we just need an animated Flash sereis

#38 Posted by Maki_P (278 posts) - - Show Bio

Something tells me the show will suck, but I'd love to see Booster on TV!

#39 Posted by KidSupreme (829 posts) - - Show Bio

@spiderbat87: I agree with you lol ... he is an amazing character, but sadly i`m sure they will fu*k up the whole thing, make it look cheep and yeah you get the idea.

#40 Posted by MetropolisKid41 (515 posts) - - Show Bio

I love the idea of a Booster Gold tv series, but not so fond on it being handled by the Syfy channel.

#41 Posted by mikeclark1982 (424 posts) - - Show Bio

love love LOVE this! please let it happen. we need more sci fi on syfy!!!!!

#42 Posted by BlackArmor (6149 posts) - - Show Bio

Meh, not my first choice but it could be good i guess

#43 Posted by Samimista (20917 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mbecks14 said:

OOO YES! Good plan!

Next we just need an animated Flash sereis

I'm game for this plan! :) *High fives*

#44 Posted by jointron33 (1901 posts) - - Show Bio

@bigsoto74: lame?!!!! why?

#45 Posted by Bearded Justice (751 posts) - - Show Bio

this doesnt get my full attention until ted kord is announced as a regular character on the show

#46 Posted by laabitres (456 posts) - - Show Bio

sy fy back omg lol

#47 Posted by The Poet (8338 posts) - - Show Bio

@Icarusflies said:

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!! :D

This would be amazing, I would certainly try to watch it if it were on.

I hope Ted Kord appears!

Agreed!

#48 Posted by horshbox (69 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope he's as good or even better then he was in smallville because I really liked his episode.

#49 Posted by etragedy (1102 posts) - - Show Bio
@G-Man: A yuppie superhero, yeah that's going to go over real well right now.
#50 Posted by Donovan Montgomery (5464 posts) - - Show Bio

gonna have to find SyFy.....is it even in Canada?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.