Booster Gold #1 -- Everybody is getting it, right?

• 54 results
#1 Posted by ScoodleDaddle (646 posts) - - Show Bio

... right?

I have a baseball bat. And I'm not afraid to use it.

#2 Posted by Buckshot (18913 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes sir Scoodle sir!

#3 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

meh... i might pic it up out of curiosity, but thats about it...

M

#4 Posted by ScoodleDaddle (646 posts) - - Show Bio

What the hell Methos. I thought you were cool. I thought you were cool.

Now, I don't like things to happen to my friends, but I just can't help it if accidents happen.

#5 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

roflol... never really paid much attention to his character...

M

#6 Posted by Cryo-Wolf (12662 posts) - - Show Bio

ok, I'm going to regret coming into this thread and asking....What's Booster Gold?

hides under comic book

#7 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

Cryo-Wolf says:

"ok, I'm going to regret coming into this thread and asking....What's Booster Gold?*hides under comic book*"

ducks

M

#8 Posted by Buckshot (18913 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

"roflol... never really paid much attention to his character...M"

Me neither, but Scoodle is never wrong, that's one of his unlisted powers. It's better to just do what he says.

#9 Posted by ScoodleDaddle (646 posts) - - Show Bio

Cryo-Wolf says:

"ok, I'm going to regret coming into this thread and asking....What's Booster Gold?*hides under comic book*"

It's alright, not everyone has seen the light of righteousness. I'll refer you to the Booster Gold page (which I might mention, helped me tie the very first Comicvine contest, BWA-HA-HA-HA!) http://www.comicvine.com/booster-gold/1786/

Booster's real name is Michael Carter, and he's from around the year 2460. He was a joke in his time, and stole some 20th century superhero gear, and Rip Hunter's time machine, and came to our time to make some cash. He has since been a member of the Justice League several times, and most recently saved the universe 52 times... sort of.

He's an extremely well-developed character with a lot of history, and he's a lovable and funny guy to boot.

GO BUY BOOK WEDNESDAY

#10 Posted by ScoodleDaddle (646 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot says:

"Methos says:
"roflol... never really paid much attention to his character...M"

Me neither, but Scoodle is never wrong, that's one of his unlisted powers. It's better to just do what he says."

Did I ever tell you you're my favorite?

#11 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

ScoodleDaddle says:

"Cryo-Wolf says:

It's alright, not everyone has seen the light of righteousness. I'll refer you to the Booster Gold page (which I might mention, helped me tie the very first Comicvine contest, BWA-HA-HA-HA!) http://www.comicvine.com/booster-gold/1786/

Booster's real name is Michael Carter, and he's from around the year 2460. He was a joke in his time, and stole some 20th century superhero gear, and Rip Hunter's time machine, and came to our time to make some cash. He has since been a member of the Justice League several times, and most recently saved the universe 52 times... sort of.

He's an extremely well-developed character with a lot of history, and he's a lovable and funny guy to boot.

GO BUY BOOK WEDNESDAY

"

ok... you've convinced me, i'll take a look

M

#12 Posted by ScoodleDaddle (646 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

"ScoodleDaddle says:
"Cryo-Wolf says:

It's alright, not everyone has seen the light of righteousness. I'll refer you to the Booster Gold page (which I might mention, helped me tie the very first Comicvine contest, BWA-HA-HA-HA!) http://www.comicvine.com/booster-gold/1786/" />http://www.comicvine.com/booster-gold/1786/">http://www.comicvine.com/booster-gold/1786/

GO BUY BOOK WEDNESDAY

"

ok... you've convinced me, i'll take a look

M

"

Awesome! You won't regret it. It's being written by Geoff Johns and Jeff Katz at first, and later will be left solely to Katz. Who, I might mention, wrote a freaking fantastic Freddy vs. Jason vs. Ash script for Newline a while back. Also, Dan Jurgens, who created Booster, will be doing the art indefinetely.

#13 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

hmmm... Katz has never steered wrong before... i'll give it a look :D

M

#14 Posted by ScoodleDaddle (646 posts) - - Show Bio

By and by, I'm loving that classic Ion icon. Is that an actual scan?

#15 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

just a slight manip lol

it didn't look good as it was, so i 'tweaked' it a bit lol

M

#16 Posted by ScoodleDaddle (646 posts) - - Show Bio

Crap man. What six issues of Kyle's GL are the Ion issues? I've always meant to pick them up.

#17 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

Kyle as the original ION?

Issues #132 (thats when the storyline starts)

to

Issue #155 (The end of ION)

took ages to sort out the avatar, now fully working it looks like this...

M

#18 Posted by ScoodleDaddle (646 posts) - - Show Bio
#19 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

hmmm... looks intriguing...

M

#20 Posted by Lantern Prime (13044 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope Kyle Rayner dies!

#21 Posted by ScoodleDaddle (646 posts) - - Show Bio

SoundWave07 says:

"I hope Kyle Rayner dies! "

I'm kind of dumbfounded, here.

Whahuh?

#22 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

SoundWave07 says:

"I hope Kyle Rayner dies! "

i don't think he can anymore...

M

#23 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

here you are scoodle...

the image caught my eye and i thought it would work as a good avatar for ya

M

#24 Posted by ScoodleDaddle (646 posts) - - Show Bio

Hey, thanks man! That's awesome. <3 Dan Jurgens.

I'll save it for when this one gets old, as I just cropped into an avatar before I made this topic.

#25 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

ahh cool :D

M

#26 Posted by Lantern Prime (13044 posts) - - Show Bio

What does Booster Bug do?

#27 Posted by ScoodleDaddle (646 posts) - - Show Bio

He's like a dung beetle.

Booster Bug is DC's premier dung-beetle themed superhero.

#28 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

who's Booster Bug?

M

#29 Posted by Lantern Prime (13044 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh, well I was trying to say Booster Gold! I think I got mixed up!

#30 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

ahh, not one i know of lol

M

#31 Posted by ScoodleDaddle (646 posts) - - Show Bio

SoundWave07 says:

"Oh, well I was trying to say Booster Gold! I think I got mixed up!"

Ah! So it's Booster Gold then. I made a post earlier in the topic describing Booster's exploits. It's on the first page.

#32 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

bumped

M

#33 Posted by ScoodleDaddle (646 posts) - - Show Bio

bump

#34 Posted by Iron Apollo (2191 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, I don't Read DC (except for a random buy from time to time), umm I don't think Booster is the Book to compell me to do so more often either.

#35 Posted by ScoodleDaddle (646 posts) - - Show Bio

But the rest of the DCU hates him. Isn't that reason enough for a non-DC fan to buy it? It's going to have time travel, too! Time travel!

Also, read this description for issue 3!

This is it! The DEATH of BOOSTER GOLD!! And nothing will ever be the same aga...wait. We already tried to kill him? Really? Well, in this issue Booster Gold heads back to the Old West and runs into Jonah Hex. You know, that crazy looking gunfighter! But what does Jonah Hex have that Booster desperately needs? Plus: the Death of Jonah Hex!!

What? We can't kill him either? Well, someone's going to fall off a horse at least!*

(*Warning: This issue may not contain a scene of anyone falling off a horse.)
Post Edited:2007-08-15 00:25:34
Post Edited:2007-08-15 00:26:02

#36 Posted by ScoodleDaddle (646 posts) - - Show Bio

So, who got it?

#37 Posted by Iron Apollo (2191 posts) - - Show Bio

ScoodleDaddle says:

"But the rest of the DCU hates him. Isn't that reason enough for a non-DC fan to buy it? It's going to have time travel, too! Time travel!Also, read this description for issue 3!This is it! The DEATH of BOOSTER GOLD!! And nothing will ever be the same aga...wait. We already tried to kill him? Really? Well, in this issue Booster Gold heads back to the Old West and runs into Jonah Hex. You know, that crazy looking gunfighter! But what does Jonah Hex have that Booster desperately needs? Plus: the Death of Jonah Hex!!What? We can't kill him either? Well, someone's going to fall off a horse at least!*(*Warning: This issue may not contain a scene of anyone falling off a horse.)
Post Edited:2007-08-15 00:25:34
Post Edited:2007-08-15 00:26:02"

actually the fact that the DC U hates him might compell me to read it, and I do love Time travel. has he ever had his own book before

#38 Posted by ScoodleDaddle (646 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, Dan Jurgens created him in a solo series in 1986, and that was his last solo series. It ran for 25 issues, not a phenomonal hit, but more of a cult thing. He later joined the C-List Justice League International, which is probably what he's most well known for.

If you want to read some great JLI stuff with him, pick up "Justice League: A New Beginning", "Formerly Known as the Justice League" or "I Can't Believe it's not the Justice League!"

#39 Posted by Iron Apollo (2191 posts) - - Show Bio

So theres not a whole lot of backstory to play catch up with?

I just don't want to get into it, then Need to go buy JLI to see his past, then go buy other books cause of the characters in JLI that i will begin to like or hate, and it just become a giant snowball of money and comics, which is one reason I stay away from the DCU, but mainly its because I hate the infinite earths/multiverse/52 stuff, it makes me want to vomit

#40 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

ok... i'll admit it, i picked it up out of curiosity...

when Rip Hunter arrived the headache started... when Booster started talking to his ancestor i reached for the Anadin... when they started including Sinestro from the past when he was still a Green Lantern i reached for the whisky...

this series may be interesting, or Booster is going to single handedly start another Crisis in Time... Zero Hour 2 anyone?

M

#41 Posted by ScoodleDaddle (646 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, you dont have to. I mean, the first issue gives some pretty good exposition as to his past. I was just suggesting those comics, because, well, they're good. And you might enjoy them because they center specifically around characters that are quite the opposite of Superman, Batman, or Wonder-Woman.

Unfortunately, this new Booster Gold series IS a direct sequel to 52. But given that it explains what you need to know in the issue, I doubt you'd NEED to do any backtracking. My suggestions were mainly pertaining to just learning about the kind of character he is, or his past relationships, which are quite important to the character.

#42 Posted by ScoodleDaddle (646 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

"ok... i'll admit it, i picked it up out of curiosity...when Rip Hunter arrived the headache started... when Booster started talking to his ancestor i reached for the Anadin... when they started including Sinestro from the past when he was still a Green Lantern i reached for the whisky...this series may be interesting, or Booster is going to single handedly start another Crisis in Time... Zero Hour 2 anyone?M"

Well, the series is going to do a lot of time traveling, and the first two stories will show Booster meeting a GL Sinestro, and then teaming with Jonah Hex.

It's funny that you should mention Zero Hour though, because Geoff Johns recently announced that after #6 comes out, a #0 will be released, and will be a direct crossover with Zero Hour.

Yes. It will be crossing over with an event that happened 13 years ago. That's just so damn crazy I love it.

#43 Posted by Iron Apollo (2191 posts) - - Show Bio

ScoodleDaddle says:

"Well, you dont have to. I mean, the first issue gives some pretty good exposition as to his past. I was just suggesting those comics, because, well, they're good. And you might enjoy them because they center specifically around characters that are quite the opposite of Superman, Batman, or Wonder-Woman.Unfortunately, this new Booster Gold series IS a direct sequel to 52. But given that it explains what you need to know in the issue, I doubt you'd NEED to do any backtracking. My suggestions were mainly pertaining to just learning about the kind of character he is, or his past relationships, which are quite important to the character."

I might pick it up we'll see

#44 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

ScoodleDaddle says:

"Methos says:
"ok... i'll admit it, i picked it up out of curiosity...when Rip Hunter arrived the headache started... when Booster started talking to his ancestor i reached for the Anadin... when they started including Sinestro from the past when he was still a Green Lantern i reached for the whisky...this series may be interesting, or Booster is going to single handedly start another Crisis in Time... Zero Hour 2 anyone?M"

Well, the series is going to do a lot of time traveling, and the first two stories will show Booster meeting a GL Sinestro, and then teaming with Jonah Hex.

It's funny that you should mention Zero Hour though, because Geoff Johns recently announced that after #6 comes out, a #0 will be released, and will be a direct crossover with Zero Hour.

Yes. It will be crossing over with an event that happened 13 years ago. That's just so damn crazy I love it.

"

ahh... a crossing with Zero Hour...

i'll restock on the pain killers and whisky in preparation then...

remembers the horrifically painful mass crossover that was Zero Hour: Crisis in time

grimaces

M

#45 Posted by ScoodleDaddle (646 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, hopefully Johns intends to fix some of the... errors.

I'm of the opinion that Extant is the one who stole the Supernova suit from Daniel.

#46 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

if they bring Extant back into it, i'll probably drop the comic there and then...

Zero Hour was Hal's crowning moment, where he stapped up and knocked superman out with one punch... pure class...

if they retcon any of that i am going to be seriously pissed

i'm still angry about the 'parallax is a symbiote, hal didn't go crazy with grief over loosing everyone he cared about, he was under the control of a parasite' deal... complete bollocks in my opinion.

M

#47 Posted by Iron Apollo (2191 posts) - - Show Bio

umm yeeaaah. yeeeaaah sooooo after reading your and methos's last couple of coments, it sounds like there will be wasy too much DCU stuff going on, esp since I just realized time travel didn't mean in our simple universe but in the DCU, so yeah gonna have to pass, yeeaah

the perfect video for this thread now, umm, yeeeaaah

#48 Posted by Iron Apollo (2191 posts) - - Show Bio

and why is aquaman always the funny one like in justice rats.

#49 Posted by ScoodleDaddle (646 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

"if they bring Extant back into it, i'll probably drop the comic there and then...Zero Hour was Hal's crowning moment, where he stapped up and knocked superman out with one punch... pure class...if they retcon any of that i am going to be **seriously** pissedi'm still angry about the '*parallax is a symbiote, hal didn't go crazy with grief over loosing everyone he cared about, he was under the control of a parasite*' deal... complete bollocks in my opinion.M"

Dude. I completely agree. I mean, I doubt they'll outright retcon anything, but since Johns has already done the whole Parallax thing, Zero Hour was changed at Rebirth.

#50 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

i hope they don't...

ever since they brought Hal back they've retconned pretty much ever decent thing that happened in the DCU... it's starting to be a real headache trying to figure out whats real history and what was retconned.

M

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.