Batman vs. Booster Gold?

Posted by No_Name_ (12593 posts) - - Show Bio

Is this the end of Booster Gold? How do you feel about Dick Grayson's first appearance in a title not his own? Do you think he is "Batman material"?
#1 Posted by Decept-O (7376 posts) - - Show Bio

SUNMAN also reviewed this a few days ago, and he let me know that Dan Jurgens did the art for this issue, and showed a few panels from the comic.  Looked like it had some humorous moments to it. 

BG seems like he's always been used as comic relief in DC.  With the events concerning Ted Kord's death and the new Blue Beetle, I don't know if another comedy team-up will ever be created again with these two characters as in the past. 

#2 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll have a look at this tomorrow, I've always had a soft spot for Booster.  I don't know why they've added the new BB to this title though.  Maybe I'm just a softie when it came to the classic Blue Beetle & Booster Gold from the 80's Justice League :)

#3 Posted by reaper2923 (2778 posts) - - Show Bio

I think you only picked it because Batman was on the cover...lol.

#4 Edited by Jamiracles (351 posts) - - Show Bio
Booster Gold to me is like the endpieces of bread as far as superheroes go, lol. NO ONE WANTS THEM.

Just the idea of the mental baggage that must be coming with Nightwing taking the responsibility of the cowl is just very interesting to me though. Coupled with the fact that hes also got Damian and his ever growing aroogance to worry about. I dont see Damian maintaining his position as Robin very long so...all in all i'm just very pleased with and compelled to follow the things going on...

...and this is coming from someone who loves to keep it Marvel.
#5 Posted by goldenkey (2920 posts) - - Show Bio

im just glad that babs doesn't use an annoying voice when she reads directly from the book.

#6 Posted by Emperor Gonzo Noir (18976 posts) - - Show Bio

Join the Booster Gold Fan Club. TODAY!

#7 Posted by Shadow Huntress (1553 posts) - - Show Bio

It looks so...cheesy. Yet highly amusing.

xD

#8 Posted by Nahero (9917 posts) - - Show Bio

yeah i think the booster gold character is interesting

#9 Edited by Incredible Hulk-Prime (1466 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman fighting Booster Gold? I always wanted those two heroes to fight each other. Babs did a good jop with that review.

#10 Posted by Samuraikenpo (142 posts) - - Show Bio

has anyone seen the brave and bold episode of this i thought it was great

#11 Posted by Calvin (3479 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope Batman gave him the beat of his life! - Skeets looks weird by the way.

Has anybody here seen Booster Gold on JLU animated? « I thought you were the Grean Lantern»  =D classic....

#12 Posted by No_Name_ (12593 posts) - - Show Bio
@reaper2923: Close! I was pleasantly surprised, actually! Booster Gold is a pretty funny character. I liked the way he was written in this so I figured it ight be worth talking about :)
#13 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio

Booster Gold is one of my favorite books..It's actually fun unlike alot of "dark books"

#14 Posted by LastSon1027 (513 posts) - - Show Bio
@Calvin: That was an awesome episode. 

Booster is really so underated, I used to get this series but around the 12 issue the story just went to shit, perhaps it has gotten better.
#15 Posted by King Quisling (1980 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome, actually passed this one up because, being i time traveller, i thought Booster was just dealing with Bruce. Just DC trying to show just cuz he's dead doesn't mean they still can't write new stories with him y'know? Glad to hear it's not. I think i'll be heading to the shop to pick it up. I'm surprised you had to reserch him, I've always had so much respect for him. Imagine going into a situation knowing what'll happen in the end but not exactly how it's going to play it. I recommend finding anythng Booster Gold. OR read The Death of Superman. He has some great scenes early on in that. Thanks for the review. 

-Quisling
#16 Posted by Media_Master (2189 posts) - - Show Bio

Time traveling is always fun

#17 Posted by N15PCA (63 posts) - - Show Bio

Someone close the blands on that window.  It was way to bright for this video.

#18 Edited by Comiclove5 (1258 posts) - - Show Bio
@Babs 
 Is that the comicvine office?
And you know BB in Teen Titans.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.