Follow

Booster Gold

Character » Booster Gold appears in 1125 issues.

Humiliated in his own time-period, the 25th century, Michael Jon Carter stole future technology and a security robot named Skeets and traveled back into the 20th century to become the greatest hero you've never heard of: Booster Gold!

Anyone else concerned about Booster in the revamp?

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By fodigg

I saw a quote somewhere (tried to track down where, couldn't find it) that the nDCU would be closed to time travel, at least at the start, and Booster Gold was called out specifically as someone who wouldn't be able to time travel around. Well, you can't really be a time master without time travel, so I'm concerned that Booster will be getting a hard reboot and be taken down to basics. Great for new readers who don't know who he is, terrible for those of us who really enjoy his current status quo. 

Booster has been absolutely awesome since Identity Crisis/52. He's matured, risen in import, and is now a more complex, satisfying character, supposedly with his "glory days" ahead of him. Unfortunately, I'm expecting DC to take him back to square one. 

Am I alone in worrying about this?  

(Also, if anyone else could find that quote, I'd appreciate it. I thought for sure it was in one of the SDCC panels.)

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By ReVamp

I for one do not care, though admitedly I am not a Booster Gold fan. Never cared much for him, though I can understand that the fact that he isn't a time master can be quite irritating.

Kairan1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 18

#4  Edited By Kairan1979

I am worried. They could deconstruct his character completely, turning Booster into self-absorbed gold-digger he was before Beetle's death and Rip Hunter recruiting him.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By dernman

I don't think he will change all that much. I think they are just going to focus on his adventures in the JLI. Without BB around he wont have anyone to feed off of.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.