matkrenz's Booster Gold #44 - Turbulence, Part One review

It'S good having you back Dan and Norm.

Issue #44 of Booster Gold.

The Story: Booster and Skeets are flying in Coast City since they want to find Michelle,Rip and Rani because when he opened the fridge the light went all flashy and everything looked old, except the blackboard.In Coast City and the military mistakes him for an Atlantean and he gets shot down a bunch of times and the military send in there biggest weapon.

The Good: This story makes sense as to why it tie's in with Flashpoint since Booster is a time traveler and with the revelation that this is the only timeline is very interesting but since I am not reading Flashpoint I might never know why this is happening.Really this Flashpoint stuff is very interesting and I don't care if im shooting myself in the foot for not reading it.Also my worry that Dan wont use Rani is appeased since he mentions her and we will see her after this.I have missed Jurgens art for this series and it is as good as ever.

The Bad: The reveal at the end isn't that good because it's supposed to be this very big and dangerous character but he is wearing a full body suit so I wonder how Booster recognized him.This is a set up issue and I am predicting that I will be confused for the next couple of issues but I wont blame Dan for this.

The Verdict: This is a great jumping on point since it gives a quick history for Booster and I hope you wont have to read Flashpoint in order to understant the events.But with Booster's creator back on book I am happy.This is a buy.

Posted by Rixec

Booster recognized him because Doomsday wore a body suit when he first appeared when he tore through the country.