Follow

Boomerang

Character » Boomerang appears in 450 issues.

Former pro baseball player who became a known criminal as the Boomerang. After fighting towards some semblance of redemption as a member of the Thunderbolts, he lead the seventh incarnation of the Sinister Six.

Awesome Toy Picks: Spider-Man Marvel Legends Infinite: Deadliest Foes Boomerang

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

Each week we take a close look at a comic book collectible. That means taking it out of the package. All of us here at Comic Vine really dig THE SUPERIOR FOES OF SPIDER-MAN and are sad that it's soon coming to an end. With issue #16 on sale this past week, we thought it was a good time to take a look at the Spider-Man Marvel Legends Infinite: Deadliest FoesBoomerang figure.

No Caption Provided

With this Spider-Man line, there's basically sub-groups of figures. Recently we looked the Spider-Girl figure from this line. What's interesting is nowhere on the package does it actually tell you the name of most of the other figures. It might be kind obvious that this guy's name would be Boomerang but kids unfamiliar with the character wouldn't know for certain. Take a look at the back of the package.

No Caption Provided

This is part of a build-a-figure set. Even on the 'direction' that shows which figures include which body parts, there is no mention of any of the characters names, with a couple exceptions.

No Caption Provided

There's also an interesting mix of characters in this set. But that gives more variety.

As for Boomerang...

No Caption Provided

He has an angry look on his face. He also comes with several boomerangs. There's two different sizes as well. This let's you mix up how you display him.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

The Marvel Legends figures have a lot of articulation. We also recently looked at the Marvel Legends Cyclops figure with the same amount of articulation. Unfortunately, my Boomerang figure was a little loose in his joints. It wasn't too bad but it took a tad more work to get him in the right positions.

You'll notice on his back, there is a place to put his boomerangs. The problem is, once you take one out, it looks a little uneven. But it does look cool on him.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

If you're not a fan of the device on his back, it is removable. This makes him look more streamlined and closer to his current comic book appearances. The problem though is there will be a hole in his back where the piece fits in. You can also see how the articulation allows you to put him in different positions.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Aside from the boomerangs and the holder on his back, it's a fairly simple figure. There isn't much more you would need with Boomerang. I'm still on the fence with the Marvel Legends figures. All the articulation is great but it's almost too much. The arm and elbow joints are a little weird. When his arms are bent, it's like his elbows actually disappear. But that's the price you have to pay for the articulation.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Before this action figure line came out, I never would've thought we'd have a Boomerang action figure. This line has also been in stores for a few months. If you happen to see one, you'll want to grab it because it will be a figure collectors will want to have. With as great as SUPERIOR FOES OF SPIDER-MAN has been, who wouldn't want a Boomerang action figure?

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

That's it for this week. Let us know what you think of this figure. Is this a figure you'd pick up or have you already? We'll have another collectible featured next time.

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By longbowhunter

Almost bought this a month or so back. Boomerang has been growing on me since Jeff Parker's Thunderbolts. It's awesome seeing a "C" list villain get a figure.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I actually picked this up. It looks like a cool figure and I'm struggling hard not to open him and some others up so I can make a diorama or something.

This article did not make my struggle easier.

leokearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

A great figure, in fact the whole range is great (barring Toxin, who's too bland) it's a shame SMYTHS haven't bother to stock any of the other Marvel legends lines

butters911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope they make one of the rest of the superior foes. I'm sure they have made a Shocker one, at least.

The Living Brain would be cool as well.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

If only this series has the other 4 member to.

CaptainHoopla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He should come with a beer and a pocket to put it in.

Avatar image for knightsofdarkness2
    Knightsofdarkness2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just brought the first physical volume of Superior Foes of Spiderman a few days ago. Great series.

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
    amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

His face looks constipated XD

Avatar image for sesquipedalophobe
    sesquipedalophobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Own it. It's not so special, but I needed it to complete the set.

tupiaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmm...you could probably make a good Judge Dredd figure with that head scope. Will you by they way take a look at a Green Arrow figure since it is his month?

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That is one of the most beautiful figures I have ever seen.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.