Follow

Boom! Studios

Publisher »

BOOM! Studios is a large independent comic book company founded in 2005 and based in Los Angeles, California, USA.

Samuel L. Jackson's Cold Space Comic In April

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    A few days ago, Boom! Studios announced their next comic that featured Samuel L. Jackson on the cover.  Shortly after, it was revealed that it would be called "Cold Space."  Boom! Studios is teaming up with Jackson and Emmy nominated writer/producer Eric Calderon, the two that brought us the Emmy award-winning Afro Samurai.  Cold Space will be a "hard-boiled sci-fi action-adventure" with covers by Eisner Award-winner Dave Johnson and Irredeemable cover artist Jeffrey Spokes

Cold Space will follow the adventures of an on-the-run outlaw as he crash lands on hostile planet that's on the brink of civil war.  He soon realizes that opportunity lies in the chaos and that there's money to be made. 

Samuel L. Jackson says, "I'm a long time comic reader and big fan of many genres in graphic novels and manga - from crime thrillers, westerns, & super-hero books, to samurai dramas, science fiction and horror. So I actually do read the stuff - and lots of it. Now's my chance to put my stamp on the medium with something new, but with a classic taste of the stuff I already like."

Cold Space is a four-issue miniseries written by Samuel L. Jackson and Eric Calderon with interior art by Jeremy Rock.  The first issue features two covers in a 50/50 split with art by Dave Johnson and Jeffrey Spokes.  There will also be a 1-in-10 retailer incentive cover.  Each issue will have a $3.99 price tag.
    Agent Buttons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Agent Buttons
    Afro Samurai won an Emmy? Wow
    Avatar image for defaultdefaultdefault
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

thats a pretty hardcore collaboration on that project, and i find Boom! to be pretty reliable. ill likely check it out at least.

on a side note: anyone else notice that Boom! still publishes Disneys comics? Is their a contract filling out or something?
    just struck me as odd.

biggkeem89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By biggkeem89

Sounds like the story of the movie "Yojimbo"
    Adam Michaels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Adam Michaels
    @CATMANEXE:
    I guess it's much like Marvel who already had existing deals with other studios before the acquisition. Disney said that they'll respect those deals, and after they're done, they take everything over. So, the same can be said with Disney and Boom!. I'm sure when their deal is up, Marvel will publish Disney comics. 

I can't help but see Ultimate Nick Fury without an eyepatch when I look at the covers.
    Adam Michaels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Adam Michaels
    @Agent Buttons:
    Yea, it won for Outstanding Individual Achievement in Animation.    
    Bandito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Bandito

Ha!  I was right--This is The Adventures of Sam Jackson written by Sam Jackson for Sam Jackson!   Fantabulous!

Avatar image for defaultdefaultdefault
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Adam Michaels: 
    mostly where my line of thinking was at, except i dont actually believe Disney is
    eager to reel in properties very soon be it from movie studios, toy companies,
    nor comic books (still struck me though, i thought theyd buy that license out in
    order to maintain an image). my reasoning on this is while they may pull in a lesser
    profit, theyre also not the ones that have to put up any many to make the product at
    that rate either. secure investing actually, at worst it tanks, they reel it in, and they lost
    no investment on the fumble.
    Sylar0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Sylar0

Well it's Sam Jackson so who isn't going to read it, I know I will.

Fleonix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Fleonix

He is just naming, genres, no actual names of comics...........LAME. i can name genres, and comics that go with them. 
    crazed_h3ro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By crazed_h3ro

Can't wait to pick this up,I am willing to give this comic its worth and give it a chance,I bet it will be great ^^

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.