Irredeemable and Incorruptible. Are these worth reading?

#1 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (10909 posts) - - Show Bio

TItle says it all. Just discovered these two books from Boom! Studios and wanted to know if they were as good as my research says they are. Considering the writer, I dont doubt it but I wanted to know what you guys thought. Thanks!

#2 Posted by sesquipedalophobe (4689 posts) - - Show Bio

They're pretty good, actually. A friend suggested I read Irredeemable and I was hooked from the very start.

#3 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (10909 posts) - - Show Bio

@sesquipedalophobe: Thanks, I'll try it out! Have you read Incorruptible at all?

#4 Posted by Kallarkz (3303 posts) - - Show Bio

iRREDEMABLE ends in the next 3 issues but yeah it is worth it

#5 Posted by SuperShafe (470 posts) - - Show Bio

Irredeemable is awesome, Incorruptible is better

#6 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32128 posts) - - Show Bio
@SuperShafe said:

this 
#7 Posted by Bernicky (379 posts) - - Show Bio

Irredeemable is pure Waid goodness, after the 1st book I wanted to run back to my store and buy the rest lol

#8 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (10909 posts) - - Show Bio

@spiderbat87 said:

@SuperShafe said:

this

For real? Very nice. I'll check them both out then. Is incorruptible ending soon like Irredeemable?

#9 Posted by The_Tree (7063 posts) - - Show Bio

Irredeemable is good, but it starts to drag after about 10 issues. Incorruptible is far better and, to me, hasn't dragged at all.

#10 Posted by Kallarkz (3303 posts) - - Show Bio

@ArturoCalaKayVee said:

@spiderbat87 said:

@SuperShafe said:

this

For real? Very nice. I'll check them both out then. Is incorruptible ending soon like Irredeemable?

yup. It ends with issue 30 on the same day as Irredeemable

#11 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32128 posts) - - Show Bio
@Kallarkz said:

@ArturoCalaKayVee said:

@spiderbat87 said:

@SuperShafe said:

this

yup. It ends with issue 30 on the same day as Irredeemable

yea, both in May IIRC
#12 Posted by sesquipedalophobe (4689 posts) - - Show Bio

@ArturoCalaKayVee: I'd say Incorruptible is a different kind of comic to Irredeemable. I can't really say which is better because I just can't decide, really.

#13 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (10909 posts) - - Show Bio

@sesquipedalophobe: How are they different?

#14 Edited by sesquipedalophobe (4689 posts) - - Show Bio

@ArturoCalaKayVee: Irredeemable shows aspects of having too much power, the road to Plutonian's madness and having parts parodying an excited Overman accepted and misunderstood. Incorruptible, to me, shows redemption in a man so despicable it blows everyone's minds. He wanted to burn the world and now he's putting out the fires. They're just both very refreshing. They're more parallel in story-telling than they are competing for a few dollars.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.