28 Days Later #1, The End Of The World Begins 8/26/09

Posted by G-Man (30213 posts) - - Show Bio

Who liked the movie 28 Days Later?  Boom! Studios is putting out a comic adaption with the first arc firmly based in 28 Days Later continuity focusing on the character, Selena.  The comic will bridge the gap between 28 Days Later and 28 Weeks Later.  The comic will focus on the question, what happened to Selena after 28 Days Later?

The movie franchise has grossed over $145 million globally and was named as having one of "The 100 Scariest Movie Moments" by the cable channel Bravo.  28 Days Later #1 is the first issue in an ongoing series written by Michael Alan Nelson (Fall of Cthulhu, Hexed) and is drawn by newcomer Declan Shalvey.  The first issue will have three different covers (by Tim Bradstreet, Sean Phillips and Brett Weldele in a 50/25/25 split) along with a fourth 'incentive' cover by DNA Films (shipping 1 for every 25). 

Have you seen the movies?  Are you interested in reading more from this 'world'?  Do you think comic adaptions of movies work?

Staff Online
#1 Posted by EdwardWindsor (14399 posts) - - Show Bio

awesome iam getting this

#2 Posted by Moomin123 (2205 posts) - - Show Bio

I've not seen the film but I saw the trailer and this movie looks like some creepy s**t
#3 Posted by JimiBigHits (18 posts) - - Show Bio

i really liked the movies....wonder if the comics will lead into the story in 28 weeks later.

but for me zombie story lines don't translate to comics that well.

#4 Posted by TheSavageAssasin (2761 posts) - - Show Bio

LOOKING GOOD!

#5 Posted by Obsurity (263 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought the first one was incredible but the second one not so much... I may get an issue or two for the comic adaption
#6 Posted by New Mutant Zombie (80 posts) - - Show Bio

Would love to pick it up. The movies were great.

#7 Posted by Strife (1102 posts) - - Show Bio

wow, Boom! studios is doing things real big I love this movie. the comic should be just fine

#8 Posted by CellphoneGirl (18791 posts) - - Show Bio

I so want this!!!! :]

#9 Posted by Hermione Wallace (25 posts) - - Show Bio

I wanna get this, just seems a bit upsetting that the other two are dead D:

#10 Posted by vuki (61 posts) - - Show Bio

Looking good indeed!

#11 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (7561 posts) - - Show Bio

Great film, this looks worth a look

#12 Posted by FoxxFireArt (3545 posts) - - Show Bio

I think they could make this series work. The popularity of zombies are at a high now. With all the zombie movies and the Left 4 Dead game series.
Though there was already a Japanese manga series along these lines. Just lacking the franchise name. It was called High School of the Dead. It was a pretty good series.

#13 Posted by csimon (2110 posts) - - Show Bio

Man I Love the  1st movie and well the 2nd was ok i guess . But i will check it out.

#14 Posted by G-Man (30213 posts) - - Show Bio
@Strife said:
" wow, Boom! studios is doing things real big I love this movie. the comic should be just fine "
Boom! definitely has been stepping it up lately.
Staff Online
#15 Posted by vicsrealms (85 posts) - - Show Bio

Rather they did a third movie or better yet write a series of novels.  Nothing better then a good book.

#16 Posted by zombietag (1487 posts) - - Show Bio

i love the movie, but this doesnt look amazing... i liked how the movie wasnt typical zombie material and focused less on the zombies and more on what the survivors would actually act like and their adventure even w/out the "infected." but this looks more like a regular zombie comic. i mean i guess it could be good. well jus have to see

#17 Posted by Media_Master (2189 posts) - - Show Bio

movies sound well-made, but I'll wait and see if the comic does as well

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.