Follow

Boom-Boom

Character » Boom-Boom appears in 1778 issues.

A former member of the New Mutants and X-Force, Boom-Boom is a mutant with the ability to create energy bombs of various sizes and intensity which explode upon impact.

BOOM BOOM: The Coolest Mutant to Never Be Famous

• 67 results
    CellphoneGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#51  Edited By CellphoneGirl

OMG! 

I want more Boom Boom so badly.

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#52  Edited By xerox_kitty

Wow, yet another tiny cameo in the middle of a pointless cross-over.  Just like being stuck in the tunnels (and completely forgetting the powers of her ex-boyfriend) suring Second Coming.  This kind of attention to characters is just why Uncanny X-Men & Utopia are such bad ideas.  There's an impressive large cast of haracters to use and all they ever do is gloss over them until it's time for yet another event cameo.

*SNORE*

Avatar image for morgaine_levesque
    Morgaine_Levesque

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@xerox_kitty said:

I hate the red dress I hate the red dress I hate the red dress I hate the red dress I hate the red dress I hate the red dress I hate the red dress I hate the red dress I hate the red dress I hate the red dress I hate the red dress I hate the red dress I hate the red dress I hate the red dress I hate the red dress I hate the red dress I hate the red dress I hate the red dress I hate the red dress I hate the red dress I hate the red dress.....

O_O why?
    BoomBoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By BoomBoom
    @xerox_kitty said:

Wow, yet another tiny cameo in the middle of a pointless cross-over.  Just like being stuck in the tunnels (and completely forgetting the powers of her ex-boyfriend) suring Second Coming.  This kind of attention to characters is just why Uncanny X-Men & Utopia are such bad ideas.  There's an impressive large cast of haracters to use and all they ever do is gloss over them until it's time for yet another event cameo.

*SNORE*

I agree, is revolting, she doesn't even talk anymore, I thought at one point they were not using Boom Boom anymore because she is just to powerful, I mean even Bastion got Leper Queen to kidnapped her saying she was one of the most powerful mutants on the planet, and she new the X-Men would kill her to save Boom Boom, I mean she was there before Jubilee, she can explode anything, I mean imagine send Boom Boom along with the X-Men there she goes exploding without even fight, the other X-Men would just be doing nothing basically apart from making her way to explode, Like Colossus when she Exploded Predator X or Sunspot when she Exploded a Ninrod having Iceman or Avalanche to protect them from the explosion. And her uniform is ok, but I would give her something like  a red writs protector like Wonder woman and get her Nextwave Boots back again, plus I would put the X badge between her chest.  

By the way an someone please upload the fear itself picture please?? As I haven't got a scanner :)
    BoomBoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By BoomBoom

I was reading The Fall of the New Mutants yesterday and while Dani was talking to Sam about kiss, she mentioned Lila Chenney, but not tabby. Lila and Sam only had a briefly relationship in Extreme X-men and early Classic New Mutants. But Sam and Tabby were together for years, in later New mutants and from the beginning until the end of X-Force. When Tabby was Kidnapped by the Leper Queen, Wolverine talk about Hellion and Surge been kidnapped but didn't mention Tabby's name at all. Than after their rescue, Beast was talking about surge, hellion and Elixir condition, but didn't say anything about Tabby, same thing happen in fear Itself, even if they didn't mention Psylocke's name, they did talk about her power, but Tabby was right there only as a cameo, not name or anything. Has Boom Boom and Hope met at all? Has Cannonball and Boom Boom seen each other since they are both in Utopia? So what is happening? Why the writers ignore her so much to the extreme that she cant not even have her uniform right ? Why she has been so ignored lately? 

unicornpuncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#56  Edited By unicornpuncher

Im wondering more than anything if they cant find a good fit for her on a team. I loved the original X-Force and loved watching her grow up. She really was the heart of that team. Id love to see her on New Mutants along with Rictor, but I dont think thats going to be happening anytime soon.

It really bothers me we get crappy characters like cypher and warlock but there cant be room for boomer? Bunk!

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#57  Edited By dernman

Bring back Boom-Boom.

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#58  Edited By xerox_kitty
    @BoomBoom:  The Fall & Rise of the New Mutants was a terrible story in a terrible ongoing title.  Sam has always been a gentleman, so he'd never kiss & tell.  All of a sudden he's not just kissing & telling, but he's comparing someone who is like a sister to his previous rockstar girlfriend who he dated TWICE.  All I can say is that if he'd brought Boom Boom into that conversation she would have detonated his tighty-whities for it afterwards.

As for Suicide Leper/Not Forgotten...  Beast didn't mention Tabby's condition because she hadn't been injected with the Legacy Virus (while the other X-Kids had).  She & Beast have a long-standing friendship where they wind each other up.  I doubt that would have been ignored in a Kyle & Yost written story, but X-Force was such an action driven story... and she was awake & alert enough to give them feedback & tip them off to HAMMER's involvement in X-23's disappearance.  So unlike Hellion & Surge she did get to play an active role of sorts (just not with her powers ;) 

@unicornpuncher: @Dernman: She doesn't seem to fit any of the team dynamics around at the moment.  It's surprising that a massive reshuffle like 'ReGenesis' has no room for her.  But on the other hand, I've no faith in any of the titles except for X-Factor (now that Mike Carey is leaving X-Men: Legacy) so I'm a little glad she isn't going to be in any current titles. 

BTW, Cypher & Warlock aren't crappy.  The whole of the current New Mutants title is.
    MyraMyraMyra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By MyraMyraMyra

I love Boom-Boom, and I'm hoping that some like-minded comic book author will rediscover her & restore her back to her former glory. Her current costume is terrible, and it's simply heart-breaking to see such a sassy and fun character reduced to an abused and forgotten wreck of a character. I was hoping to see her in one of the new line-ups, but she was in none of them.

I, too, became a fan of Boom-Boom when I watched X-Men: Evolution. She was one of the best things about the series - which, due to the age of its target audience, had a tendency of being squeaky clean most of the time. After seeing her hit on four different guys (one of who was middle-aged), steal somebody elses food three times, break and enter two or three times, blow up about a dozen different objects, and commit a number of other acts of fellony and vandalism within a span of a single twenty-minute episode, I was sold. That's the spirit I'd really like to see again in her comic-book counterpart. I liked her as the fun-loving, impulsive, flirty party girl with absolutely no conception of social norms.

redleigh86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#60  Edited By redleigh86

Who else would like to see Boom Boom in X-Force? I think it'd be a great way for her to be "reintroduced". Give her some darkness and drama, she'll have Deadpool to play off of, a new uniform, show she's strong, in control of her abilities, clever, and fierce in a fight. Then have that lead into X-Factor, and a short solo series (4 issues). I agree she's been watered down and all but forgotten and it is a shame because she's such a great character :( And she has the potential to be awesome and popular.

I remember first learning about her and her character and I pretty much loved her right away because we had the same name, we were both blonde, and we were both trouble-makers (lol). I was even Boom Boom for Halloween one year. No kid these days would dress as Boom Boom because they likely have no idea who she is, or their parents who know of her wouldn't let them, seeing how she's costumed these days :/

luckydomino1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By luckydomino1

yeah boom -boom needs more spotlight they should put her on an xteam atleast

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Wow. That sounds awful. Hopefully she is now being portrayed in a way that gives the character justice....Also,great blog....I also pat myself on the back for reading all of that because I am so lazy. XD

Bubba_Hyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Bubba_Hyde

Hex, I don't know how I missed this thread, because you said exactly what I've been thinking ever since X-Force (the real X-Force) wrapped all those years ago. Tabitha was always written as tough & capable, she could be sassy and materialistic sometimes, but she was also caring. But now they've turned her into an air head and a loud mouth who brings nothing to the team but an attitude.....a disgusting waste of a very strong character. They've ruined her as bad as they've ruined Rahne and I didn't think that was possible, but here we are.

I thought it was great how Tabitha overcame her abusive past in X-Force and even confronted her father like Rahne did. She grew and had a bright future ahead of her, or so I thought, but then she was banished to limbo and her 2nd break up with Sam was never explained. (it really aggravates me that no one at Marvel seems to care about details and continuity anymore.....and that crap about "not everything happens on panel" is a poor excuse for lazy writing.) She was still portrayed as an air head in Cable's X-Force and its like I wasn't even reading about the same character I grew up with. This is a shame, she could be used as a role model, someone who's overcome adversity and made something out of their life, but instead we get a Paris Hilton wanna be.

I 'm not surprised by this, but I am %^*& off about it. All the New Mutants except Dani have been either ruined or criminally underused over the past 10-12 years. My favorites have suffered the most - Tabitha lost her brain, Sam lost his balls, Warpath got dumped by a skunk and went to limbo, and Rahne....good lord what a train wreck. Hex, we can hope for a comeback and some serious rehab, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

OmegaHans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#64  Edited By OmegaHans

@bubba_hyde: I agree absolutely!

Just got done reading her very first appearance in Secret Wars II as the teen companion of The Beyonder, she seemed like a cool character even back then. Lucky her, she got to see the Celestials at age 13!

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

#65  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

She was pretty cool in X-Men evolution (she never reAlly became a villain though, she just moved into the brotherhood bording house).

Bubba_Hyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Bubba_Hyde

What is the deal with her costumes lately? I think its safe to say we all hated the "red hooker dress", but now she's got some kind of cheerleader outfit (like AoA Wolfsbane LOL) and I think she stole Remy's coat, or Rogue's old one depending on who's drawing her. Then there's the gloves....I know she's friends with Nemesis now and that's cool, but the "mad scientist" gloves are his thing (just sayin...).

She used to be able to make even that ugly blue and gold X-Men costume look good, but now.....why the sudden fascination with these ridiculous dresses? Not really practical when you're trying to kick the crap out of some super-powered headcase. What do ya'll think? .....personally, I wish she still had the bikini from issue 6 of CaXF ;-)

@omegahans: Yep, that was cool and it gets better...saved the world, made friends with a werewolf, helped start X-Force etc...

kingoftheworld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#67  Edited By kingoftheworld

Lets get this forum going again!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.