Follow

Bongo

Publisher »

Bongo Comics Group is a comic book publisher founded by Matt Groening (and others) that publishes comics based on his properties including The Simpsons and Futurama.

Bongo

danielddavis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By danielddavis

Any thoughts on it.

ofaaron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By ofaaron

@danielddavis:  
    I kind of stumbled upon their comics as something to read on the train when I had a pretty long commute. At first I thought all the Simpson's comics out there were done by some third party, like Archie or something. However, Bongo was started by Matt Groening and it certainly shows. Some of the writers from the shows will even write them from time to time.

I collect Futurama, mostly in TPB (which I'm hoping they continue to put out.) There's some stories they've put out that rival the shows. One of my favorites, off the top of my head, being the issue where Bender becomes the robot devil. You also have things like their Simpson/Futurama cross-overs that are just total fan love letters that they probably won't ever be able to do in the real shows.

Overall they are just a great company, and I'm glad we have them putting out funny comics of this quality. Not every comic needs to be about super heroes.

madmartin760

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

#3  Edited By madmartin760

I love them. Wish the site had more of the characters though.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.