Follow

TidalWave Productions

Publisher »

Bluewater Productions brings a diverse library of titles and talent to the table. With stories that range from classic myths, science fiction and superheroes to Hollywood legends such as William Shatner, Roger Corman, Ray Harryhausen and Vincent Price, Bluewater is a fresh voice in comic publishing. We have now broken into biography comics with our titles FAME, FEMALE FORCE and POLITICAL POWER.

"Twilight" Writer Gets A Comic Book

• 60 results
    Aronmorales

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By Aronmorales

Great, she's doing a manga?
    gag. romantic vampire mangas...
    ...also don't care for Blue Water productions...

Jamiracles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By Jamiracles
    @RaptorFratBoy:  Well in my opinion it really is a sad thing when geeks have to bash other geeks for what they like. Once upon a time in a mystical realm known now as the 80s- we were all grouped into one big loserish ball. If you geeked about one fictional property, you were just as bad as the rest of the damn nerds and you got swirlied or wedgied accordingly. Now it seems like so many people have found an identity in being a geek of comics or movies or games that they end up forgetting who they were when they first stumbled on to the damn things. And after a while it becomes more about ranting and more or less discriminating or sizing up someone else based on their tastes, than it is just having fun with the godforsaken crap.

Now dont get me wrong, I really dont like Twilight. But Comic Con is a place of fun and of hype. They've embraced the TV/Movie world and so they're bombarding comic conventions  just like comics are bombarding movie theaters.
    RaptorFratBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By RaptorFratBoy
    @Jamiracles: Hey, you have a good point...but at the same time, this is the modern age of geek, where you're more-or-less REQUIRED to piss and moan about things you don't like, while simultaneously supporting the medium. Trust me, I've been reading comics for close to 30 years...I know how it works. But the purpose of message boards like this is discussion, and there wouldn't be a whole lot of meat to them if everything was "Hey! We're all geeks! Can't we just pat each other on the back and stand united against the oppressors? Can't we just love anything and everything that some people may-or-may-not consider a geek thing, so we're not all fighting amongst ourselves?"

A perfect world, maybe yes. Now, though? C'mon...we all have the freedom to piss and moan, and to celebrate as well. The "Twilight" fans are saying whatever the hell THEY damn well please, are we supposed to kick back and allow their vampire glitter-party without ridicule? Please. They parade it out in public, they can take a good ribbin'. It's a silly fantasy book, not a Civl Rights movement. RELAX.
    Jamiracles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Jamiracles

Oh well its not a big deal to me. I know what I like. And I dont really feel compelled and especially not required to do anything that isn't eat, drink, sleep and the unspeakables in between. But the fact of the matter is is that people jaw on about Twilight being this terribly written work when its obviously catering to an audience that other media properties may have looked over or not capitalized on yet- so its an exciting thing to me that some people love something as much as I love something and sad when people spend a lot of their time and energy to denounce something someone else likes. Its actually just that simple. I'm not bored enough to be mad, I just think there are better ways to spend your time than beating a dead horse.

FoxxFireArt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 2

#55  Edited By FoxxFireArt
    @joshmightbe: 
    I had never even heard of the book series prior to the movie trailers that were shown on TV. Watching the trailers. I honestly thought they were promos for the next WB(CW now) Tween drama.
    Never saw it. Never will. Though, I'm hardly their target audience. I did hear that Kevin Smith was asked about Twilight and had a rather profound response.
    I liked Underworld, Blade, and to a lesser degree Interview.
    Crazy Pan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

#56  Edited By Crazy Pan

Twilight, to me, makes more sense as some sappy anime TV show (more than likely a hentai series) then am live action movie or book. Every time I see a commercial for it I want to slit my wrists.

Avatar image for eisforextinction
    EisforExtinction

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 68

User Lists: 6

#57  Edited By EisforExtinction

Stephanie Meyer is kind of hot. I mean I don't like her work at all but she's alright on the eyes.

Vindellavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#58  Edited By Vindellavon
    @Akwa said:
    "I would say that this is conclusive proof that God hates us all. "

Amen.
    deactivated-579fe0ae58107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 304

User Lists: 27

Let's see -    Lost, Heroes, 24, Iron Man - and just about every other breaking movie due out, like, say Transformers  - and Star Wars has always had a heavy presence at every comic convention. If you don't like Twilight or Stephanie Meyer, fine - I get that. (Wait for it, here it comes) But...My wife has been into vampires since the beginning of forever. Lost Boys, Interview With A Vampire (movie, not the books), Blade (the original movie, not the sequels or the comic) Underworld. She didn't like Van Helsing. But Stoker's Dracula and League of Extraordinary Gentlemen are a couple favorites. She's become a "geek" over Twilight. She's found other vampire/fantasy series and she gets me "geeking" out over Blackest Night and comics. So far, I haven't really seen a downside...   
    RaptorFratBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By RaptorFratBoy
    @AirDave817: That's awesome. You're in a unique position, though, so you've found a partner that enhances your own Geekism, which is also something to share between each other. 

HOWEVER...those of us WITHOUT a girlfriend/wife/whatever that's into such things, "Twilight" remains an unwanted piece of garbage that further gives strength to the "It's OK for vampires to cry" movement. Eff that, man. If only glitter burned the skin of the undead...
    Media_Master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Media_Master

still haven't seen twilight
    Avatar image for the_sharp_dressed_lady
    The Sharp Dressed Lady

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, between Werewolves and Vampires warring in America, to a gay kid on a broomstick, to schoolgirls being raped by giant gay octopi, I'm still waiting for that big Captain Crunch movie. 

Robin Williams IS Captain Crunch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 8O 

Avatar image for thesavageassasin
    TheSavageAssasin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#63  Edited By TheSavageAssasin

EPIC FAIL!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.