Follow

TidalWave Productions

Publisher »

Bluewater Productions brings a diverse library of titles and talent to the table. With stories that range from classic myths, science fiction and superheroes to Hollywood legends such as William Shatner, Roger Corman, Ray Harryhausen and Vincent Price, Bluewater is a fresh voice in comic publishing. We have now broken into biography comics with our titles FAME, FEMALE FORCE and POLITICAL POWER.

The Beatles Get A Comic?!

No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

User Lists: 2

Edited By No_Name_

Bluewater set to release Beatles graphic novel

Perhaps Bluewater has run out of politicians, so they have turned to musicians? The comic book publishing company recently announced that they would be releasing a Beatles comic as a part of the "Rock 'N Roll Comics" series which will be released after the first volume, "Hard Rock Heroes." They have partnered up with Revolutionary Comics who released the first Beatles comics back in the 90's.

“Great ideas, like the marriage of rock ‘n’ roll and comics, have the half-life of uranium and will always be popular,” says Jay Allen Sanford of Revolutionary Comics. “The folks at Bluewater clearly have their fingers on the same pop culture pulse that enabled the original Rock ‘N’ Roll Comics to become one of the top-selling indie comics of the ’90s. Truth is often stranger than fiction…and certainly much more interesting!”

The "Rock and Roll" comic book series will span over ten issues. Each issue will focus on a specific band or group and will be released in bi-monthly volumes starting in December 2009. The beatles comic will consist of 8 issues.
    According to Bluewater the issues will be packaged into ten graphic novels ranging from 150 to 300 pages. Each graphic novel, which covers a particular band, era, or style, will sport new covers.
    Avatar image for emperor_gonzo_noir
    Emperor Gonzo Noir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

They apparently already have had comics before. check around
    Aronmorales

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Aronmorales

Geez, does Bluewater have ANY good ideas?

RaptorFratBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By RaptorFratBoy

The "comic book" company is just flat-out terrible. All they do is attempt to capitalize on the "Flavor of The Week" quasi-celebrity like the banshee that birthed "Twilight" upon an unsuspecting world, Sarah Palin (and as a respected Alaskan, she's the equivalent of what Chuck Austen did to the X-Men), and now THIS travesty.

Look...I am no fan of the Beatles; probably the farthest from it before straight-out hating them. But, I respect the fact that they were ungodly huge in their time, and a few million truckloads worth of women would have committed ritualistic suicide for a chance to smell their breath. You've GOT to admire that, be it in a cult or a rock-n-roll group. 

BUT...this newfound popularity they're discovering is because of a VIDEO GAME. And not just any video game, "Rock Band", the video game that made me almost quit playing games altogether. So now an entirely-new generation can enjoy the Beatles as the pay absolutely no attention to the music and instead focus on the multi-colored buttons they have to mash in order to not fail the game. Awesome. 

So thank you, Blue Water, for continuing to produce this high-quality toilet paper. The rich need to wipe, too...

Aronmorales

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Aronmorales

I swear I will never get a job with them, lest they put me with a colorist who doesn't belong on the comic pages...

FoxxFireArt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#5  Edited By FoxxFireArt

As much as I like a lot of The Beatles music. Why? Anyone who likes these bands enough to get these comics. Most likely already know the stories and bought the books. Unless this comic has something new to say. The whole thing feels pointless.

Though, the Rock Band Beatles feels like a good idea. That introduces the music to another generation and you actually get to hear the music.

Man of Lengend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By Man of Lengend

i am all for it
    Ravn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Ravn

Hmm.... I didn't know Justin Long,   David Duchovny, a young   Leonard Nimoy, and Cillian Murphy were in The Beatles.... THIS ART IS AWFUL!!!!!! LOL

Man of Lengend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Man of Lengend
    @Ravn:
    art is bad i agree but thats just the cover so hopfully who ever draws the intereior will be better than that crap
    deactivated-579fe0ae58107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 304

User Lists: 27

As frightening as The Beatles sounds, how are they going to follow it up? The Stones? Beach Boys? The Monkees? The Eagles? Led Zepplin? The Archies - oh wait a minute they have their own comic already... 

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#10  Edited By InnerVenom123

LOL seriously? XD
    Ravn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Ravn
    @Man of Lengend:   
    @RaptorFratBoy
    said:

" The "comic book" company is just flat-out terrible. All they do is attempt to capitalize on the "Flavor of The Week" quasi-celebrity like the banshee that birthed "Twilight" upon an unsuspecting world, Sarah Palin (and as a respected Alaskan, she's the equivalent of what Chuck Austen did to the X-Men), and now THIS travesty.  Look...I am no fan of the Beatles; probably the farthest from it before straight-out hating them. But, I respect the fact that they were ungodly huge in their time, and a few million truckloads worth of women would have committed ritualistic suicide for a chance to smell their breath. You've GOT to admire that, be it in a cult or a rock-n-roll group.   BUT...this newfound popularity they're discovering is because of a VIDEO GAME. And not just any video game, "Rock Band", the video game that made me almost quit playing games altogether. So now an entirely-new generation can enjoy the Beatles as the pay absolutely no attention to the music and instead focus on the multi-colored buttons they have to mash in order to not fail the game. Awesome.    So thank you, Blue Water, for continuing to produce this high-quality toilet paper. The rich need to wipe, too... "

"Though I may not agree with what you say, I will defend to the death your right to say it!" LOL  

But no, in all seriousness! I really like The Beatles and I kinda enjoy Rock Band, so if the game wasn't $200, yeah I might consider getting it! But this comic feels rather... esoteric... and like just a huge gimic! i agree with you, G-Man, to an extent; I don't think they ran out of politicans to feature, they weren't making money off the comics. So they're doing like most companies do when they start hemorrhaging money, and changed focus. But the problem Bluewater has had all along is they're trying to appeal to too narrow of an audience, or even the wrong audience (well that and they have terrible writers and artists working on their books!). I have no iterest in reading, and frankly wasting my money, on a comic about Palin, Ted Kennedy, J.K. Rowling, or the Obama's DOG!!! 

I. Don't. Care. 

So like ALL of their titles to date, I have no interest in wasting my money, and I doubt I'll even read it, because like  @FoxxFireArt: said; what else could they possibly have to tell that I don't already know? LOL
    Fleonix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Fleonix

The Beatles......some great catchy songs.........

Will it be a great catchy comic..........more than likely ............NOT.

lol

Dipic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Dipic
    @RaptorFratBoy said:
    " The "comic book" company is just flat-out terrible. All they do is attempt to capitalize on the "Flavor of The Week" quasi-celebrity like the banshee that birthed "Twilight" upon an unsuspecting world, Sarah Palin (and as a respected Alaskan, she's the equivalent of what Chuck Austen did to the X-Men), and now THIS travesty.  Look...I am no fan of the Beatles; probably the farthest from it before straight-out hating them. But, I respect the fact that they were ungodly huge in their time, and a few million truckloads worth of women would have committed ritualistic suicide for a chance to smell their breath. You've GOT to admire that, be it in a cult or a rock-n-roll group.   BUT...this newfound popularity they're discovering is because of a VIDEO GAME. And not just any video game, "Rock Band", the video game that made me almost quit playing games altogether. So now an entirely-new generation can enjoy the Beatles as the pay absolutely no attention to the music and instead focus on the multi-colored buttons they have to mash in order to not fail the game. Awesome.    So thank you, Blue Water, for continuing to produce this high-quality toilet paper. The rich need to wipe, too... "
    Most incredibly bizarre rant I've read in quite a while. Just wow....
    RaptorFratBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By RaptorFratBoy
    @Dipic: HA!!! Yeah...I do that from time-to-time. Tangents seem to be my thing, even if I don't even know where I'm going with them...
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#15  Edited By xerox_kitty

Ahhh nooooo! Somebody make it stop!!!

crazed_h3ro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By crazed_h3ro

did not expect this ?
    mrlogical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#17  Edited By mrlogical

I'm not sure what's worse about that art, the fact that all four people look the same, or that none of them look like any Beatle.

Moomin123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 3

#18  Edited By Moomin123

The Beatles were one of the world's greatest rock n' roll bands. They deserve a comic book.
    NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#19  Edited By NightFang3

It was gonna happen sooner or later.

RaptorFratBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By RaptorFratBoy
    @Moomin123 said:
    " The Beatles were one of the world's greatest boy bands. They deserve a comic book. "

FIXED! Haha, sorry...Absolutely couldn't resist...
    CellphoneGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By CellphoneGirl

OMFG! lol

FoxxFireArt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By FoxxFireArt
    @Ravn: 
    Well, the Rock Band game has never before heard audio banter between recordings of songs.
    Nyogtha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Nyogtha

Dear god.....no, they are over rated.

Media_Master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Media_Master

no thanks.
     Beatles were made to listen to not read about, especially in comic book form.

CaptHowdy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 188

User Lists: 11

#25  Edited By CaptHowdy

Cool.  While I haven't looked at em in like almost 20 years, I recall that I have some old 'Rock N Roll' Comics from back in the day... AC\DC and The Doors I believe.  They were entertaining back in the day.  Not that I would be too interested in them now, but if I recall, the Rock Comics were great ways to get kids n teenagers to read comics that never would have touched them before.... Don't think the Beatles will do the same thing, but maybe if they did some pop acts of this day and age...

Avatar image for the_sharp_dressed_lady
    The Sharp Dressed Lady

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fake, bad, crappy, overmarketed mock-rock from... Britain (?) gets its own comic. Not the first time, and sadly the last time wasn't the last. 

Jerry Seinfeld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 12

#27  Edited By Jerry Seinfeld

I love the Beatles. I think it's weird that they are making a comic series for them. Sadly i'll probably end up getting it anyway because i am a die hard and dedicated Beatles fan.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.