Follow

Bluebird

Character » Bluebird appears in 231 issues.

A young Gotham City electrical engineer who wants to assist Batman in repayment for protecting her brother and her from an assault, much to Batman's frustration.

Snyder's plans for the character.

cobra88king8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By cobra88king8

So what does everyone think Snyder has planned for the character? She's obviously got something big that's going to happen to her in the future, personally I think she might end up becoming the New 52's Oracle somehow

redhoodx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By redhoodx

@cobra88king8: That could work. My theory based on completly nothing, is that I have a feeling that the next story arc "death of a Family" Alfred will die. Batman will need someone to look out for him and his family like alfred does and thats when harper takes over. I hope just because a writer introduces a character it doesn't mean that there going to wear a cowl. Personally batmans universe has grown to fast in the last 2 years. Batman inc. is fine but lets limit how many batmen there are. It's like in the case of supergirl and powergirl, they are always steeling each others thunder. Over exposure can be a bad thing, its a way to makesthings get stale and tastless.

Avatar image for supermanfan1234
    supermanfan1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By supermanfan1234

@cobra88king8: it would be a good idea if he made her a secret agent of bruce, going around pertending to be in a gang and spending time in arkham to find out what plans the criminals have next

BlueArrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By BlueArrow

I Hope I am wrong, but I could see in the next arc when Joker is wrecking Batman's life up and badly injuring Batman, I think Harper is going to kill Joker to protect her "hero" Batman. Once again I hope I am wrong.

P.S. did you guys know that death of the family crosses over into suicide squad. Because of Harley Quinn. Just found that out.

COBRAMORPH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By COBRAMORPH

Maybe Joker kills Flamebird, & she takes over her role?

SupBatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6  Edited By SupBatz

@COBRAMORPH said:

I might agree with you if Batwoman and Flamebird showed more interaction with the Batfamily (can't really call if Death of/in the Family if the character isn't really a part of said family) or if Batwoman's ongoing were involved in the crossover.

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
    V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By V_Scarlotte_Rose

@SupBatz said:

@COBRAMORPH said:

I might agree with you if Batwoman and Flamebird showed more interaction with the Batfamily (can't really call if Death of/in the Family if the character isn't really a part of said family) or if Batwoman's ongoing were involved in the crossover.

The blurb for Batwoman #16 says,

• Plus, a new hero is introduced, and Wonder Woman fights monsters!"

and Batwoman #18 says

• A new story arc begins here as Batwoman adjusts to her new partner and her new role in the war on crime.

• Guest-starring Batman!

Which makes it sound like a possibility, except as you say, Batwoman and Flamebird aren't involved in the crossover. I'm pretty sure Batwoman isn't part of the family anyway.

I hope she doesn't get killed off.

SupBatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By SupBatz

@V_Scarlotte_Rose said:

@SupBatz said:

@COBRAMORPH said:

The blurb for Batwoman #16 says,

• Plus, a new hero is introduced, and Wonder Woman fights monsters!"

and Batwoman #18 says

• A new story arc begins here as Batwoman adjusts to her new partner and her new role in the war on crime.

• Guest-starring Batman!

Which makes it sound like a possibility, except as you say, Batwoman and Flamebird aren't involved in the crossover. I'm pretty sure Batwoman isn't part of the family anyway.

I hope she doesn't get killed off.

I'll agree that it is a possibility. However, I still highly doubt that Harper will be the new hero and partner (assuming, as I have, that they will be the same character). I doubt Snyder will introduce Harper as he has - tied to Bruce himself - only to have her team up with Batwoman who is so disconnected from the Batfamily.

My bet is that this new hero and partner that is alluded to in solicits will be Bette. (Spoilers from recent issues of Batwoman) Jacob has been training Bette since her accident so I speculate that Bette will soon confront Kate and tell her that she plans to fight crime with or without her help after being trained by her uncle. She’ll leave Kate in the position where she has to take her on as her partner or risk Bette getting hurt again as she was the last time Kate abandoned her. Perhaps Bette will even take a new name aside for Flamebird (which would explain why the solicit alludes to a “new hero”).

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By V_Scarlotte_Rose

@SupBatz: I suppose It seems a little unlikely.

Interesting theory. The cover for #18 shows a fiery phoenix, which could represent a kind of rebirth for Bette/Flamebird. I wonder what kind of new identity she'd take on.

I suppose we'll find out on Wednesday.

SupBatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By SupBatz

@V_Scarlotte_Rose: I never even noticed that phoenix on the cover of 18. I always just focused on Mr. Freeze I suppose lol.

And yep, Wednesday it is. It feels like forever since the last Batwoman was released (to me at least).

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By V_Scarlotte_Rose

@SupBatz: It'll be interesting to see what Mr. Freezes' involvement will be like. I think this new arc is to be quite detached from the first three, i.e., not Medusa related.

Yeah, I know it's only a week late because of Christmas, but it does seem like longer.

SupBatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By SupBatz

@V_Scarlotte_Rose: The first three have been great but I'm glad we're getting a fresh start. Plus, it's always a pleasure to see Freeze so I wonder how he'll be incorporated. He's also set to appear in Birds of Prey 18 so I'm wondering if the two issues will have some sort of connection.

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By V_Scarlotte_Rose

Me too. I wonder if it'll be single story arcs from now on or another trilogy like the... Medusa Saga? I don't think anyone's called it that, but it's as good a name as any for the first three arcs together.

Maybe there's a small Mr. Freeze crossover/event that hasn't been mentioned.

djetter0801

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#14  Edited By djetter0801

I'm beginning to think that she will be the next Robin.

Avatar image for consolemaster001
    consolemaster001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#15  Edited By consolemaster001

@djetter0801 said:

I'm beginning to think that she will be the next Robin.

Worst case scenario

Avatar image for consolemaster001
    consolemaster001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#16  Edited By consolemaster001

The worst case scenario is coming true :(

ptigrusmagus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ptigrusmagus

Maybe she will turn on Bats and be a new villian?

SupremePro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Agreed. Maybe she will become something similar to Oracle? I don't think she will become the next Robin.

Crash_Recovery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Crash_Recovery

@ptigrusmagus:I've been thinking that too. It seems a bit obvious that she'd be a hero of some sort.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.