Who Should Be the First to Beat Blue Marvel?

#1 Posted by SC (12694 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't worry, this isn't a hate thread or anything, but it might seem like that at first.. Blue Marvel is one of my favorite characters, but two of his two potential problems is that he is too powerful, and there is a fear he could become a Gary Sue (As in too perfect) and these are problems that created a lot of hate for Sentry, another character many compare Blue Marvel to, regardless of its accuracy.  

Plus everyone has to lose, and lose in a one on one fight (except Squirrel Girl of course) Hulk has lost to Abomination, and Thor, Nova has lost to the Silver Surfer, Juggernaut by the X-Men, Silver Surfer has lost to Thor, Thor hasn't had too many embarrassing losses (except Rulk), a bit like Supes actually, but both Thor and Supes have plenty of small losses, to Wonder-man, Rogue, Juggernaut.  

So bearing that in mind, and that it has to happen, especially if we want Blue Marvel to appear lots and lots in the future? Which character should he lose to first?  

My personal opinion is Wonder-man, Ares or Nova, and I wouldn't like it to be either Thor, Hulk or Surfer or Sentry. This way Blue Marvel can help out other Marvel powerhouses who aren't as popular and give them some credibility the same way Blue Marvel beating Hyperion and doing well against Mighty Avengers.

#2 Posted by oldgum (325 posts) - - Show Bio

Squirrel Girl,

#3 Posted by PowerHerc (81602 posts) - - Show Bio

Hercules, Thor or the herioc Hyperion.
#4 Posted by iLLituracy (13537 posts) - - Show Bio

Segregation. 

...Oh wait.

#5 Posted by SC (12694 posts) - - Show Bio
@oldgum said:
" Squirrel Girl, "

That would be a good way to soften the blow, everybody would get beat by her. The only problem is both characters are such goody two shoes. Might have to be a crazy Squirrel Girl, or a aha aha... extra nutty Squirrel Girl.  See ah... yea... not my best moment. 
#6 Posted by SC (12694 posts) - - Show Bio
@PowerHerc said:
" Hercules, Thor or the herioc Hyperion. "

I think Herc would be my top pick. Sort of like a raging Herc. Herc definitely needs more of these types of victories against flying bricks. 
#7 Posted by OmegaTheDestroyer (1009 posts) - - Show Bio
@PowerHerc said:
Herc would be cool.

would Hyperion beating Blue Marvel be a good thing for Hyperion or a bad thing for Blue Marvel?
#8 Posted by oldgum (325 posts) - - Show Bio
@SC:  
They are just those "unbeatable" ones, they show up just to beat some one up. But when the true threat or the true challenge comes, they will act as if they don't even exits. And Deadpool can beat anyone except   Squirrel Girl, allllll heee need is a god damned Excuse XD.
#9 Posted by PowerHerc (81602 posts) - - Show Bio
@OmegaTheDestroyer said:
" @PowerHerc said:
Herc would be cool.  would Hyperion beating Blue Marvel be a good thing for Hyperion or a bad thing for Blue Marvel? "

I suppose that's a matter of perspective.   
 From the perspective of Hyperion fans, him winning would be a good thing.  From the perspective of Blue Marvel fans, him lossing would be a bad thing.   

Personally, I'm a Hyperion fan and would like to see the character get some redemption after his evil alternate version (who has killed litterally every hero on several alternate Earths) recently lost to the Blue Marvel short story (and lost too easily, I add after considering how much of a bad-ass he'd been shown as in the exiles).
#10 Posted by PowerHerc (81602 posts) - - Show Bio
@SC said:
" @PowerHerc said:
 I think Herc would be my top pick. Sort of like a raging Herc. Herc definitely needs more of these types of victories against flying bricks.  "

Hell yeah!  I couldn't agree more or have said it any better!   
Hercules would be the absolute perfect choice to soundly defeat Blue Marvel in full combat!
#11 Posted by crackerjack82 (2606 posts) - - Show Bio

nobody should, i think he should be marvels answer to crappy man( i mean super loser) superman, and get the i can always win powerset

#12 Posted by OmegaTheDestroyer (1009 posts) - - Show Bio
@PowerHerc said:
" @OmegaTheDestroyer said:
" @PowerHerc said:
Herc would be cool.  would Hyperion beating Blue Marvel be a good thing for Hyperion or a bad thing for Blue Marvel? "
I suppose that's a matter of perspective.    From the perspective of Hyperion fans, him winning would be a good thing.  From the perspective of Blue Marvel fans, him lossing would be a bad thing.    Personally, I'm a Hyperion fan and would like to see the character get some redemption after his evil alternate version (who has killed litterally every hero on several alternate Earths) recently lost to the Blue Marvel short story (and lost too easily, I add after considering how much of a bad-ass he'd been shown as in the exiles). "
I'm a fan of Hyperion too and would like to see a 616 version of him show up and defeat blue marvel. that would be awesome
#13 Posted by Walker696 (984 posts) - - Show Bio

Spoiler alert for those who haven't read Thunderbolts 152

According to Cage, Blue Marvel was the one who caught Hyperion and imprisoned him. But I agree I would love to see him in action more but he needs someone to kind of break him. There are a good number of choices. Herc is a pretty good one, there is also Juggernaut (hate to borrow this from Supes but he hasn't shown anything that could take out magic except for punching it and that don't work all to good on Juggs), Wonder-man if the fight is done right could take him on, the right team could take him down too (don't underestimate the Wrecking Crew), there is also Absorbing Man, The Destroyer Armor(could set up a great cross with him and Thor and if one of the Trinity can't get you known, then there is no hope), or they could put him against people he can't just beat to death like Kingpin, Loki(another good cross opt for Thor), Spot (don't underestimate a guy who can make you punch the s**t out yourself lol),  and all manner of other higher ups: Mephisto-potential Spider-man team up or Galactus-he's spent time in space (not to mention could set up a fight with either Surfer or other cosmic hard hitters). He has a lot of potential  and there are many folks he could fight with on a regular basis, if the stories are done right.

#14 Posted by brantumbo (139 posts) - - Show Bio

i really havent read anything about blue marvel other than the wiki on this site. unfortunately being in the navy keeps me out of touch waaaaaay too often. but can somebody tell me what comics he has appeared in? he seems interesting, and if you guys seem to take such an interest in him mayhap i will check him out :)

#15 Posted by SC (12694 posts) - - Show Bio
@brantumbo said:
" i really havent read anything about blue marvel other than the wiki on this site. unfortunately being in the navy keeps me out of touch waaaaaay too often. but can somebody tell me what comics he has appeared in? he seems interesting, and if you guys seem to take such an interest in him mayhap i will check him out :) "

Sure thing boss.  

First up, Blue Marvel, starred in his own five part mini. Should look like this  

http://www.amazon.com/Adam-Legend-Blue-Marvel-Comics/dp/0785124098 

It had a bunch of guest stars. The Watcher, Namor, and the Mighty Avengers. Its also written by the Big Werewolf guy in Underworld movies lol, its a good read. That I recommend first. He has also been in an issue called Age Of Heroes #3. I am not sure if that is collected in TPB though sorry.  

Do you have any other questions? Feel free to ask, someone could probably write a summary or something too. 
#16 Edited by SC (12694 posts) - - Show Bio
@Walker696 said:

"Spot (don't underestimate a guy who can make you punch the s**t out yourself lol),  "

Lmao. That was funny man.  

I liked ALL, your suggestions by the way, and especially how you incorporate it as a larger story deal, which is important too. Plus some team ups and crossing over into other characters lives. Real good ideas, cheers!
#17 Posted by VIZION2011 (1675 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel has made Blue Marvel way too powerful so him fighting Ares, Wonder Man and Nova will just add a nother notch to his winning belt. Becuase of Marvel's direction they would have to give him stonger characters like, Thor , Herc, Rulk, Silver Surfer, Drax ETC...... Personaly I dont mind him being a bit over powered, reason being " and please excuse me if I pull the race card I dont mean to offend any one", but I like the fact that we have a positve Afro-american hero on par with superman that  is in service to his country. He's a good character I can introduce to my son and lil bro.

#18 Posted by brantumbo (139 posts) - - Show Bio
@VIZION2010: seriously nobody should ever be offended by that. Nobody gets offended when women say they want powerful heroines or more female avengers. I think plenty of people of all races agree with you.
#19 Posted by Full_Spectrum (1539 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos, or Gladiator. maybe even someone like doctor strange.

#20 Posted by SC (12694 posts) - - Show Bio
@Full_Spectrum said:
" Thanos, or Gladiator. maybe even someone like doctor strange. "

Dr Strange is a good suggestion, he needs something like this, and its no shame to lose to a guy that has foiled Death on more than one occasion. lol
#21 Posted by Full_Spectrum (1539 posts) - - Show Bio
@SC: i would also like to see him die in a blaze of glory, maybe destroying ultron or something. i've never been a huge blue marvel fan. he's a bit too mopey for my tastes. thats why i like thor, he's almost never melancholy.
#22 Edited by sentrylives111 (12 posts) - - Show Bio

guys im a guy who reads all over all marvel comics and i noticed that all the guys that you think he should fight, are mostly dead. sentry, nova, draxx, and thanos are all dead espsally ares (i dont count the chaos war tit-in cus hes still in hell with his uncle) idk if you guys new they were all dead
#23 Posted by Franklin (20 posts) - - Show Bio
@PowerHerc said:
Hercules, Thor or the herioc Hyperion.
Already Beaten them@OmegaTheDestroyer: yeah Like that gonna happen
#24 Posted by Kairan1979 (16711 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk should SMASH him!

#25 Posted by fesak (7031 posts) - - Show Bio
#26 Posted by Malhavok (264 posts) - - Show Bio

I think that Hope Summers might get in a really good shot, but the Big Blue would outlast her...
#27 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32667 posts) - - Show Bio

I nwould love to see a fight between him and Wonderman with good showings for both but that is never likely to happen, Marvel power to wreck there promising characters is astounding 

#28 Posted by gravitypress (2069 posts) - - Show Bio

Hopefully they will leave him alone until Bendis leaves Marvel.

#29 Posted by FridgeRaider (15 posts) - - Show Bio

The Profile. For those of you who aren't familiar with him, hes a mutant who can look at someone and read all of their insecurities and secrets. You could find him in Moon Knight: The Bottom as well as several issues of Vengeance Of The Moon Knight.

#30 Posted by Mega_spidey01 (3078 posts) - - Show Bio

black panther, taskmaster, mephisto

#31 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

Hercules

#32 Posted by The Sadhu (853 posts) - - Show Bio

Give Blue Marvel some more comic time first then lets worry about who beats him...

#33 Posted by Alpha (7322 posts) - - Show Bio

Technically, Sentry beat him.

#34 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio
Didn't Sentry beat Blue Marvel?
#35 Posted by Vance Astro (91112 posts) - - Show Bio

First White Tiger,then Kiwi Black,then American Panther.

#36 Posted by Mega_spidey01 (3078 posts) - - Show Bio

hulk.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.