Follow

Blue Marvel

Character » Blue Marvel appears in 220 issues.

When Adam discovered his super-powers, he fashioned a secret identity with which to protect his country, and became Blue Marvel. He served as a hero for years, and was one of the most popular heroes of his time. Adam was pressured by the government to retire, because of how much power he had and for being black. He was forced out of retirement to face his greatest foe and former best friend, Anti-Man.

Should he join the New Avengers?

• 58 results
    Avatar image for defaultdefaultdefault
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@Alpha said:
    " The New Avengers need some power. The most powerful right now is Ms Marvel. When the day comes when they battle the Dark Avengers, they don't have a chance. Sentry could handle them all by himself. Ms Marvel would be the last standing, but would go down in time. If not him, then Thor. "
    gotta say ive read a fw posts of yours around, and all in this thread. you dont hold bias towards characters even if there
    acclaimed knock-offs, you have an open mind. i even noticed a time or two because of it someone thought your were roasting Superman in some form...they must have missed your avatar and background.lol. youve got a good attitude and mindset, keep it up.
    robbiesol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By robbiesol

Sure put him in there and have him take out Ares.   

Seems like a neat concept for his origins and Marvel needs a Superman.  Sentry is....well the Sentry and the Hulk is too "smash" to be the "best".   

monkeypool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By monkeypool
    @Alpha said:
    "DEADPOOL said:
    "Blue Marvel's costume needs a slight re-design. I don't even know what that symbol on his chest is."
    I think its a B and M "

LOL! Then it definitely needs a slight re-design! :P
    King_Thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By King_Thor

To answer the original question...I could see Blue Marvel being a part of the New Avenger...they do the need the leadership and the power.  He already proved in his own mini how intelligent he is and what a great leader he is.  I see Sentry remaining a part of the mighty Avengers.

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Hadrelius
    @King_Thor said:
    "To answer the original question...I could see Blue Marvel being a part of the New Avenger...they do the need the leadership and the power.  He already proved in his own mini how intelligent he is and what a great leader he is.  I see Sentry remaining a part of the mighty Avengers. "

I think he is truly the only earth bound hero (and Thor) that can truly keep Sentry in check. And like you said, the New Avengers need the power.
    King_Thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By King_Thor
    @Alpha: Yep.  Agreed.   

And if you think about it, there needs to be someone to keep Sentry in check because whether or not he realizes it...he's fighting for the wrong side...or should I say, he's fighting for Osborne.  Of course, I don't think Marvel has anymore immediate plans for the Blue Marvel.  I read somewhere over on the Marvel boards that not much will be happening with the character because the focus on the power hitters at Marvel will be directed at other characters.  My guess is those characters are two of these three:  Thor, Sentry and Marvel Boy.  

On the other hand, I think Marvel knows they may have a winner with the character of the Blue Marvel...so do not despair Blue Marvel fans.  Just be patient.
    King_Thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By King_Thor
    @Nobody said:
    "I would say no. He doesn't fit with the Norman's Avengers. I don't really see him fitting in well with the New Avengers either. He could probably fit in with Mighty Avengers, but they already have plenty of power for one team. And if they were to add another powerhouse to that team I rather have it be Thor."

Agreed.  And I know this post is ancient.  But still...I agree.  Blue Marvel is too much of a leader to be stuck on the Avengers.  Only so many "chiefs" on a team...before it gets crowded.  Blue Marvel is clearly a leader.  Would love to see him on a newly reformed team of Defenders...or Champions. 

Now that would be cool.  But given his personality...I see him as leading a team as opposed to him just being a member. 
    RedK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#58  Edited By RedK
    @King_Thor said:
    "Blue Marvel is clearly a leader.  given his personality...I see him as leading a team as opposed to him just being a member.  "
    I wouldn't mind seeing him in avengers academy as the leader of the team and also a teacher to the young recruits

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.