Follow

Blue Marvel

Character » Blue Marvel appears in 220 issues.

When Adam discovered his super-powers, he fashioned a secret identity with which to protect his country, and became Blue Marvel. He served as a hero for years, and was one of the most popular heroes of his time. Adam was pressured by the government to retire, because of how much power he had and for being black. He was forced out of retirement to face his greatest foe and former best friend, Anti-Man.

Should he join the New Avengers?

• 58 results
    Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Hadrelius

I think he should. His personality would definitely be against Osborne and they need the power.

No Caption Provided

Least until Thor finds it necessary to join.
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

I don't think so.I don't see him as an Avenger.We already have Sentry.

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Hadrelius
    Vance Astro said:
    "I don't think so.I don't see him as an Avenger.We already have Sentry."
    Sentry's a Dark Avenger.

New Avengers team
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    Alpha said:
    "Vance Astro said:
    Sentry's a Dark Avenger.New Avengers team "
    He doesn't fit with the New Avengers.Everyone but Ms.Marvel is street level.
    Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Hadrelius
    Vance Astro said:
    "Alpha said:
    "Vance Astro said:
    "
    Exactly! they need the power.

And as for the DarK Avengers. Other than Ares and Sentry. The others are street level or slightly above like Cap Marvel and the new Ms Marvel.
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    Alpha said:
    "Vance Astro said:
    "Alpha said:
    "Vance Astro said:
    "
    Exactly! they need the power. And as for the DarK Avengers. Other than Ares and Sentry. The others are street level or slightly above like Cap Marvel and the new Ms Marvel. "
    They purposely matched the team up like this.
    Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Hadrelius
    Vance Astro said:
    "Alpha said:
    "Vance Astro said:
    "Alpha said:
    "Vance Astro said:
    "
    Exactly! they need the power. And as for the DarK Avengers. Other than Ares and Sentry. The others are street level or slightly above like Cap Marvel and the new Ms Marvel. "
    They purposely matched the team up like this.
    "
    Not sure what you mean?
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    Alpha said:
    Not sure what you mean? "
    It was purposely set up so the New Avengers are the weakest team.
    Avatar image for strongestonethereis
    StrongestOneThereIs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Personally, I rather see Thor join. He has a history as an Avenger and Hawkeye. He was upset at the idea of the Dark Avenger team and would take it persoanlly. And he would show the Sentry that he isn't that ultimate power on earth. Everyone wants to see that fight.

Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#10  Edited By Korg

Yes, he should join New Avengers so he has to fight Sentry to the death, and neither is ever seen or heard from again.

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Hadrelius
    Korg said:
    "Yes, he should join New Avengers so he has to fight Sentry to the death, and neither is ever seen or heard from again."
    Harsh!

Why?
    Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Hadrelius
    Vance Astro said:
    "Alpha said:
    Not sure what you mean? "
    It was purposely set up so the New Avengers are the weakest team.
    "
    I guess. But the Avengers have often had teams that lack real firepower. But I see your point. But that is the reason they need him or Thor. And I'm sure one will be joining soon. Most likely Thor.
    Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Korg
    Alpha said:
    "Harsh! Why?"
    I do not support Superman clone proliferation.
    Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Hadrelius
    Korg said:
    "Alpha said:
    "Harsh! Why?"
    "
    Sentry (maybe), but not Blue Marvel. His whole origin isn't nothing like Superman.

Are you one of those fans that think that because you fly and are super strong, you are a Superman clone?

If so, that would make up most of comic characters.
    StrongestOneThereIs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alpha said:
    "Korg said:
    "Alpha said:
    "Harsh! Why?"
    "
    Sentry (maybe), but not Blue Marvel. His whole origin isn't nothing like Superman.Are you one of those fans that think that because you fly and are super strong, you are a Superman clone?If so, that would make up most of comic characters. "

Why stop there.

Thor is strong and wears a red cape.
    Cyclops get shis power from the sun and shot a beam from his eyes.
    Silver Surfer is from another planet.
    The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#16  Edited By The_Martian

I would say no. He doesn't fit with the Norman's Avengers. I don't really see him fitting in well with the New Avengers either. He could probably fit in with Mighty Avengers, but they already have plenty of power for one team. And if they were to add another powerhouse to that team I rather have it be Thor.

StrongestOneThereIs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nobody said:
    "I would say no. He doesn't fit with the Norman's Avengers. I don't really see him fitting in well with the New Avengers either. He could probably fit in with Mighty Avengers, but they already have plenty of power for one team. And if they were to add another powerhouse to that team I rather have it be Thor."

Yep yep!
    Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Korg
    Alpha said:
    "Are you one of those fans that think that because you fly and are super strong, you are a Superman clone?"
    No, I'm one of those fans who calls 'em like he sees 'em.
    Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Hadrelius
    Korg said:
    "Alpha said:
    "Are you one of those fans that think that because you fly and are super strong, you are a Superman clone?"
    "

Ok. Then maybe you are not seeing clear.

He's black, from earth, gets his power from a negative universe and doesn't have vision, hearing or breath powers.

I'm not sure what you see in common with Superman.
    speedlgt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By speedlgt
    Korg said:
    "Alpha said:
    "

agreed this guy and sentry are just examples of MARVEL trying very very hard to add a superman like hero to thier universe.
    NO hes not avengers material.....make him a thundetbolt!
    Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Hadrelius
    speedlgt said:
    "Korg said:
    "Alpha said:
    "
    agreed this guy and sentry are just examples of MARVEL trying very very hard to add a superman like hero to thier universe.NO hes not avengers material.....make him a thundetbolt! "
    Did you read his mini-series?  If so, what about his persona is Thunderbolt?

And the same question asked to Korg, I now ask you?

He's black, from earth, gets his power from a negative universe and doesn't have vision, hearing or breath powers.

I'm not sure what you see in common with Superman.

speedlgt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By speedlgt
    Alpha said:
    "speedlgt said:
    "Korg said:
    "Alpha said:
    "
    agreed this guy and sentry are just examples of MARVEL trying very very hard to add a superman like hero to thier universe.NO hes not avengers material.....make him a thundetbolt! "
    Did you read his mini-series?  If so, what about his persona is Thunderbolt?And the same question asked to Korg, I now ask you?He's black, from earth, gets his power from a negative universe and doesn't have vision, hearing or breath powers.I'm not sure what you see in common with Superman. "
    lets go through the list

Did I read the Mini.....Not all of it I dont think enough of it
    Hes Black......that doesnt really matter, in Final Crisis there was 20 black supermen
    his power are from the negative universe.......Getting the power from a "source" is the same thing everywhere it dont matter if ts the sun the toilet or the pencil on my desk

His powers are different...........lets see what are the main powers that define superman FLIGHT AND SUPER STRENGTH.......same

He doesnt fit in with the thunderbolts.....Ok but why not put him there just shake up that roster there are villans and heroes side by side on the Dark Avengers team.

so how is he like superman............. he flys and has super strength wears a cape and has a symbol on his chest all of which superman made famous thats a superman clone if I ever saw one.
    John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#23  Edited By John Valentine

No.

Calvin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#24  Edited By Calvin
    StrongestOneThereIs said:
    "Silver Surfer is from another planet. "
    Yes he is!!
    Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Hadrelius
    speedlgt said:

lets go through the list

Hes Black......that doesnt really matter, in Final Crisis there was 20 black supermen
    his power are from the negative universe.......Getting the power from a "source" is the same thing everywhere it dont matter if ts the sun the toilet or the pencil on my desk

His powers are different...........lets see what are the main powers that define superman FLIGHT AND SUPER STRENGTH.......same

He doesnt fit in with the thunderbolts.....Ok but why not put him there just shake up that roster there are villans and heroes side by side on the Dark Avengers team.

so how is he like superman............. he flys and has super strength wears a cape and has a symbol on his chest all of which superman made famous thats a superman clone if I ever saw one.

Those Black Supermen were Superman. No copies or clones.

He doesn't get it from a source. Energy from that universe gave him his powers. He doesn't continue to draw from it.

If being able to fly and have super-strength and wear a cape is all you need to be a Super clone, then you must hate a lot of characters then.

Thor and the Vision would fall under that.  Did you know that Superman was based on various figures like Hercules? So , how can they be a copy of someone who is based off of others? There are those who are definite like Gladiator, Hyperion and in a round about way Sentry and Majestic, but Superman doesn't hold the mold on being able to fly and have super-strength.

speedlgt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By speedlgt
    Alpha said:
    "speedlgt said:

lets go through the list

He doesn't get it from a source. Energy from that universe gave him his powers. He doesn't continue to draw from it.

If being able to fly and have super-strength and wear a cape is all you need to be a Super clone, then you must hate a lot of characters then.

Thor and the Vision would fall under that.  Did you know that Superman was based on various figures like Hercules? So , how can they be a copy of someone who is based off of others? There are those who are definite like Gladiator, Hyperion and in a round about way Sentry and Majestic, but Superman doesn't hold the mold on being able to fly and have super-strength. "
    First those supermen were just that supermen  of the multiverse not  really superman we all know there is only one Superman

Second I dont hate superman hes one of my fav characters and I defend him on this vine every day from haters. And dont be dense there are basic things that are 100% symbols of superman that he made famous such as the ones I described (flight and Superstrength being the main powers and 2nd the look of superman which bases its iconic status on the cape and symbol across the chest)  and yes we have to understand that superman is the most famous superhero PERIOD and also those 2 powers of flight and superstrength used in combination will always be considered copying superman.

Thor is a norse god that alone is enough to distance him
    Vision is dam robot
    Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Hadrelius
    speedlgt said:
    "Alpha said:
    "speedlgt said:

lets go through the list

Thor and the Vision would fall under that.  Did you know that Superman was based on various figures like Hercules? So , how can they be a copy of someone who is based off of others? There are those who are definite like Gladiator, Hyperion and in a round about way Sentry and Majestic, but Superman doesn't hold the mold on being able to fly and have super-strength. "
    First those supermen were just that supermen  of the multiverse not  really superman we all know there is only one SupermanSecond I dont hate superman hes one of my fav characters and I defend him on this vine every day from haters. And dont be dense there are basic things that are 100% symbols of superman that he made famous such as the ones I described (flight and Superstrength being the main powers and 2nd the look of superman which bases its iconic status on the cape and symbol across the chest)  and yes we have to understand that superman is the most famous superhero PERIOD and also those 2 powers of flight and superstrength used in combination will always be considered copying superman.Thor is a norse god that alone is enough to distance himVision is dam robot "
    I see your point and didn't mean to say you hated Superman. i got you confused with the first statement by another.

As far as being a copy. You stated that flight, strength and a cape was the standard. That would include many.

But if you want to talk differences. Again, Blue Marvel is Black not White. He is from earth not another world. His power came from and accident not a due to the genetic make up. The energy that gave him his power is anti-matter not solar. And finally, he keeps his power no matter where he goes. Icon would be a copy of Superman , not this guy and not just because he has a symbol on his chest, flies and have super-strength.

But I understand your opinion, I just don't agree with it.
    Avatar image for ultimatedeadpool
    DEADPOOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By DEADPOOL

Blue Marvel's costume needs a slight re-design. I don't even know what that symbol on his chest is.

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Hadrelius
    DEADPOOL said:
    "Blue Marvel's costume needs a slight re-design. I don't even know what that symbol on his chest is."
    I think its a B and M
    Kallark Sumers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Kallark Sumers

Here is a fun fact for you guys. When Superman was first created he did not have the majority of the powers he does now, such as flight and certainly not to those levels. No, in fact Captain Marvel , Mar-vell, had flight and solar based powers before supes did. But most people dont realize how limited supes earlier powers truly were since he is the more popular of the two heroes people attribute a lot of things to supes. so while supes was an alien and had super strength etc. the very nature of his powers comes from captain marvel.

MOPEHOUND

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By MOPEHOUND

alright, first of all "BM" should never be the moniker of any self respecting super hero.  that's got to change.  and while i did not especially like the mini-series, i think the character has a lot of potential and him joining the new avengers makes a lot of sense with-in his personality.  he is a patriot and an idealist, and would never allow himself to be a flunky of a corrupt government or system again.  much like captain america was during civil war.  however i don't see him shacked-up in cap's basement hide-out with the rest of them, he could be a possible stand-by member who flies in and helps from time to time.  i mean he's a professor or something as well isn't he? and yes, it would even out the two teams.  especially if cage uses the wrecker's crow-bar against ares.  that fight has got to happen eventually and there is just nothing anyone can do against the sentry.  honestly, i prefer the idea of a black super hero being his equal in power over another golden haired god.  i haven't really seen that yet in mainstream continuity.  and as far as this whole superman debate goes, lordy, it's comic books, supermen are everywhere.

Mr. Wilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Mr. Wilson

Where the heck did he go!!!!!!????
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

If I see him on the Avengers i'm not reading it anymore.

Mr. Wilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Mr. Wilson
    @Vance Astro said:
    "If I see him on the Avengers i'm not reading it anymore. "
    Not like him?
    The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#35  Edited By The_Martian
    @Vance Astro said:
    " If I see him on the Avengers i'm not reading it anymore. "
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @Mr. Wilson said:
    " @Vance Astro said:
    Not like him? "
    I love him,he's just not worthy.There are plenty of characters who could be Avengers that they simply discarded.
    Mr. Wilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Mr. Wilson
    @Vance Astro said:
    " @Mr. Wilson said:
    " @Vance Astro said:
    Not like him? "
    I love him,he's just not worthy.There are plenty of characters who could be Avengers that they simply discarded. "
    True.  I just want to see more of him.  They better not just leave him on the shelf.
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @Mr. Wilson said:
    " @Vance Astro said:
    " @Mr. Wilson said:
    " @Vance Astro said:
    Not like him? "
    I love him,he's just not worthy.There are plenty of characters who could be Avengers that they simply discarded. "
    True.  I just want to see more of him.  They better not just leave him on the shelf. "
    I'm still waiting to see Toxin in the Initiative.He was supposedly recruit on day 1.Where the hell is he?
    Mr. Wilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Mr. Wilson
    @Vance Astro said:
    " @Mr. Wilson said:
    " @Vance Astro said:
    " @Mr. Wilson said:
    " @Vance Astro said:
    Not like him? "
    True.  I just want to see more of him.  They better not just leave him on the shelf. "
    I'm still waiting to see Toxin in the Initiative.He was supposedly recruit on day 1.Where the hell is he? "

Yup.  I agree. Theres so many characters.  I'm still waiting on the Prowler to show up in the Initiative.
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @Mr. Wilson said:
    Yup.  I agree. Theres so many characters.  I'm still waiting on the Prowler to show up in the Initiative. "
    Yea..what the hell happened to him?
    Mr. Wilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Mr. Wilson
    @Vance Astro said:
    " @Mr. Wilson said:
    Yup.  I agree. Theres so many characters.  I'm still waiting on the Prowler to show up in the Initiative. "
    Yea..what the hell happened to him? "

Thats what I'm asking. lol 

I just think its sad that characters don't get a chance. Agents of Atlas, War Machine, Blade, and tons others don't get a fair shot.
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @Mr. Wilson said:

" @Vance Astro said:

" @Mr. Wilson said:
    Thats what I'm asking. lol  I just think its sad that characters don't get a chance. Agents of Atlas, War Machine, Blade, and tons others don't get a fair shot. "
    To be fair..War Machine has had a fair share of shots and so has Blade.Agents of Atlas I agree..but those too have been given alot of play and they didn't do anything with it.
    Mr. Wilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Mr. Wilson
    @Vance Astro said:
    "@Mr. Wilson said:

" @Vance Astro said:

" @Mr. Wilson said:
    Thats what I'm asking. lol  I just think its sad that characters don't get a chance. Agents of Atlas, War Machine, Blade, and tons others don't get a fair shot. "
    To be fair..War Machine has had a fair share of shots and so has Blade.Agents of Atlas I agree..but those too have been given alot of play and they didn't do anything with it. "
    Thats what I'm saying.  Advertise more or at least let them have back up strips.
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @Mr. Wilson said:
    Thats what I'm saying.  Advertise more or at least let them have back up strips. "
    I think Marvel is tired of trying with them.Maybe that tactic doesn't work with every character.
    Mr. Wilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Mr. Wilson
    @Vance Astro said:
    " @Mr. Wilson said:
    Thats what I'm saying.  Advertise more or at least let them have back up strips. "
    I think Marvel is tired of trying with them.Maybe that tactic doesn't work with every character. "

Yeah I guess. I just think there is no such thing as a bad character.  Well ok there is Hypno Hustler.  lol   

I gotta go though. Later.
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Mr.Wilson's going to bed..awwwww :)

Avatar image for defaultdefaultdefault
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

itll be Thor, pretty sure. his stories are already pointing him in that direction, and the FCBD New Avengers book foreshadowed it.

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Hadrelius

The New Avengers need some power. The most powerful right now is Ms Marvel. When the day comes when they battle the Dark Avengers, they don't have a chance. Sentry could handle them all by himself. Ms Marvel would be the last standing, but would go down in time. If not him, then Thor.
    Dameon616

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Dameon616
    @Kallark Sumers: Thanks for putting that up, I thought I was the only person to remember that. But as far as Blue Marvel, I could care if he is a copy of Superman or  Aqua Lad. The story is pretty different and creative and I like where they are taking it. I pray that they don't do to him what they did to Sentry cause I use to really like him. Now a days where comic book industries are trying to come up with new ideas, I kind of don't blame them for sticking to what sales. If you have a guy with a cape, tights, super strength and flight people will buy it just to put it down for not comparing to Superman............o well that's life.

As for a team for him I say that rather then him joining a big team, I think him Thor, and Captain America should start a completely new team (if they every decide what they want to do with Capt.), they should bring in some rather unknown but at the same time powerful people to head up the team, just to shake up the marvel world.
    CellphoneGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#50  Edited By CellphoneGirl

I never heard of him...

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.