Follow

Blue Marvel

Character » Blue Marvel appears in 220 issues.

When Adam discovered his super-powers, he fashioned a secret identity with which to protect his country, and became Blue Marvel. He served as a hero for years, and was one of the most popular heroes of his time. Adam was pressured by the government to retire, because of how much power he had and for being black. He was forced out of retirement to face his greatest foe and former best friend, Anti-Man.

It's good to see Blue Marvel get recognition on here

phantom1527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

Blue Marvel is a very interesting character one you look at his backstory with the US Government and how even one of the most powerful people on the planet had to deal with racism. It's great to see Blue Marvel get some love on here, but it would be even better if he was featured in more than just battle topics since his story is so unique

king1_icon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By king1_icon

Blue Marvel is a very interesting character one you look at his backstory with the US Government and how even one of the most powerful people on the planet had to deal with racism. It's great to see Blue Marvel get some love on here, but it would be even better if he was featured in more than just battle topics since his story is so unique

Thank you I take full credit for it.

phantom1527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king1_icon: lol please do. Are you a Blue Marvel fan or do you just wanna know what people think of a Blue Marvel vs Hal Jordan fight would go

Silver Zeal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Agrd! Our/SZ luv 4 BM goes beynd his race but crea8v aspects of his 'world'.

Not only is BM just anothr 100+ ton omega-human but he is also a father in pain , a widower in grief, veteran soldier, scientist.

BM is a man ...

1) - who had 2 kill his best friend & sacrifice his son(Kevin) 2 save d world

2) - who is tortured by his grief & burden of his past decisions regrding d circumstances of his wife's(Candace) death, perhps he cud hv saved her if he wasnt so pissed-off abt her being a govt spy, if he had not neglectd her whn he was supposed 2 kp her safe.

3) - who's son's(Kevin) 'demise' in2 d Neutral Zone, his othr son(Max) bcuming a supervillain as did his former best friend(Anti-man) who was d godfather of his/BM's kids.

4) - who was outcast by his own govt & d US public(in d 60's)...& ultima8ly BM is torn regrding his decision 2 accept retirement frm supaheroix & d consequences of dat decision.

5) - who bcam 2 very close friend of d most silent & lonely being in d universe(616), Uatu d Watchr & l8r BM bcam d caretaker of Uatu's family & surrog8/god fathr of Uatu's child/heir & d possible consequences/burdens of dis.

6) - who chose 2 b a "global protector" PROACTIVELY attending 2 issues, problems & troubles around d world eithr neglected or under d radar of othr(most US & North America based) supaheros assisting those who go usually unnoticed until their problem directly affects d US.

7) - who is d ONLY antimatta pwrd supahero in d MU & antimatta in itself is 1 of d top 5 most fascin8ing mysteries of fyzix(in d real world) as well as science fiction (Star Trek amongst several othrs) & nt only dat antimatta is d most expensive "material"/"substance" on earth(in d real world) which may explain hw BM was able 2 afford d material d build his underwater base. Hwevr, gvn d very high price placed on antimatta it wud also plc a huge target on BM by money hungry supavillains, science research & devlpment(& weapons) cmpnies.

(a)- - - & dat is just antimatta, just imagine hw many want 2 get their hands on "NEUTRONIUM"(discoverd by BM) which is composed of coexisting & interdepndnt matta/antimatta particles.

(b)- - - & of course der is d whole nu dimension awaiting exploration also discvrd by BM..."NEUTRAL ZONE"

8) - who has a mysterious past as a supahero in d 60's, after his retiremnt & after he returnd as well as his l8 wife/Candace.

(a)- - - wat supavillains did BM face in d 60's & will any of dem cumbk or hv legacy holders(watever happnd 2 Antiman's family)

(b)- - - did he ever meet or team-up or hv history with d 1st Line, AoA(agnts of atlas), Godzilla squad, Infinity Watch, Avngrs 1959 or any of d membrs of these groups or othr xcters (such an High Evolutionary/Wyndham or Centurius/Noah Blak or Maxam or d Enclave) b4, during &/or after his retiremnt as a supahero &/or whn he retrnd as a supahero.

(c)- - - wat abt Candace's family? d dey blame BM 4 her death? Der cud b a brilliant revelatn here regrding Candace's family(latent Inhumans now triggerd by d terrigen mist bomb? or sumthing else!?).

(d)- - - wat is d FULL story of BM's deploymnt as a soldier in d Korean war b4 he gaind his pwrs? Wat REALLY happnd?

(e)- - - If Candace was a govt spy, wat missions did she do prior 2 her marriage 2 BM? And wat else was she up2 during their marriage?

(f) - - - BM's his with Namor & Atlantis esp gvn dat BM's base has bn underwater 4 more dan half-a-century.

(g) - - - do any of BM's kid inherit or devlp supapwrs? Or if nt prhps BM did sumthing 2 dem 2 hinder/restrain their supapwrs bcuz of wat happnd 2 him in d 60's & wat he's seen happning 2 d Xmen?

(h)- - - BM's adventures around d world as a "global protector". Which heros of othr nations has he met? Wat troubles did he face? Wat is relnship with othr national govts?, etc.

(i)- - - wat adventures did BM hv with Uatu &/or across d cosmos gvn hw close dey were?

(j)- - - wat is d full stry regrding BM's kids & family(BM's bros, sistaz, parents, cuzins, uncles, aunts, nieces, nefews,etc) frm whn dey were born till now?

(k)- - - d mystery surrounding d locatn of BM's "kadesh base"/"science 4tress" which is locatd in d marianna trench(d deepest/lowest plc on earth) situated in d Devil's sea/dragon's triangle(basically d bermuda triangle of d pacific ocean in REAL LIFE).

- - - etc.

Its without doubt dat BM & his mythos is d most ripe 4 active devlpmnt due 2 d enormous abundance of brillliant crea8ve potential 4 Marvel in d last 10yrs bcuz BM's story is nt only abt him but also d world around him in addition 2 d rest of wats happening in 616 (his kids, wife, Uatu's family, Antiman's family, Candace's family, BM's family & mysteries we/SZ listed abv) as well as d gr8 additions BM brings 2 d MU(Neutronium, Neutral Zone, exploring d MU earth featuring diffrnt heroes frm diffrnt nations as well as cosmic).

BM is basically a franchise waiting 2 happn.

Seriously! Its really an absolute shame dat no1 else(writers & editors) @ Marvel c d grand potential in BM othr dan Mr. E & Mr. B...y isnt BM featuring/guest staring in mo titles?

phantom1527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@silver_zeal: Wow. Bravo. And I agree with your final point that it'd be a great franchise. And I feel like BM doesn't fit in with Mighty Avengers. He's too powerful. If he can't get his own series I'd love to see him in a new version of the Illuminati

Silver Zeal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@phantom1527 said:

@silver_zeal: Wow. Bravo. And I agree with your final point that it'd be a great franchise. And I feel like BM doesn't fit in with Mighty Avengers. He's too powerful. If he can't get his own series I'd love to see him in a new version of the Illuminati

Hmmm....u do mk a very gd point & we/SZ agree abt BM being on d Illuminati/NA esp with his antimatta pwrs (d world destroyer bombs in NA use antimatta energy) whichwud b VERY helpful esp on short notice & it wud gv BM a firmer foundation as d "global protector" he is as well as establish relationships with othr xcters which cud b cre8v beneficial 2 BM devlpmnt in d future across d various franchises(Avngrs, Xmen & F4) but dats JH's(Jonathan Hickman's) project & he seems far mo interestd in Hyperion 4 watevr reason.

Honestly, BM shd hv bn chosen 4 Hyperion's spot on d team & der's nothing wrng with BM being a 2 avngrs teams as do very many othr xcters lyk Beast, Wolverine, Cap Falcon/FalCap, etc.

Hwevr regrding BM being "2 pwrful" @ least Mr Ewing/Mr E has done well 2 show BM's vulnerabilities...

1) "Probably" vulnerable 2 magic in MA #12

2) Weakness 2 neutronium shown in eithr MA #8 or #9 which ... specul8ing here...comprises BM's ability 2 gener8 antimatta safely.

3) Emotionally wreckage frm d death of his wife, d entrapmnt of his son(Kevin) in d neutral zone, his othr son(Max) becuming a supavillain & after all dat his best friend Uatu/Watchr gets murderd.

... & BM isnt dat pwrful whn Monica/"Spectrum" is on d exact same team.

... & d team reall wud b "Mighty" Avngrs if BM & Monica werent on it. With those 2 in d MA team Ewing can easily weave in cosmic stories or plotlines without it being forced or out of plc.

As of ryt now we/SZ wud b interestd 2 c hw Falcon reacts 2 BM although we/SZ r luking 4ward 2 BM meeting Steve Rogers, Bucky/WS, Fury(Nick Sr & Jr), Jimmy Woo, Carol Danvers, Nova, Ms Marvel/Kamala, Storm, Monet, Cyclops(older version), Xavier, Magneto, Apocalypes, Beast & BP/Tchalla simply just 2 read wat dey wud say abt him &/or 2 him esp regrding his early 'retiremnt' & d segregatn/civil ryts era of his earlier tym in d 60's.

phantom1527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@silver_zeal: yeah idk why Hyperion has been getting so much love recently

Silver Zeal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@phantom1527: Agrd!

Esp whn KH is still hanging around in sum prison on earth within d same univrse/616.

phantom1527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@silver_zeal: Wow I didn't even know that. Well even more reason to get Blue Marvel on.

Spidey_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He deserves it.

Beata

darkbeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It is.

darkbeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Silver Zeal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He's so recognized DC maybe a copy of him..

Lol..

Hehehe...with dat gatdamn Val Zod. ROFL!

Anyhw in all fairness we/SZ dnt c d point of 2 DC Blk supamen whn der has nvr bn a native american supaman, asian supaman, arab, etc. E2 Val Zod wud hv felt mo impressive if d xcter was neithr Blk nor Wyt after d Supaman president in cre8dby Morrison if faaaar mo intriguing. But with dat said...BM truimphs ovr both in compelling bak story & mythos.

phantom1527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@silver_zeal: I kind of take back what I said about Blue Marvel not fitting in with the Mighty Avengers. I think he's a great guest member (after reading volume two again I think his relationship with Luke Cage is fascinating), but I still think he's much better served as an illuminati member. Especially with his connection to The Watcher. I'm liking how Mighty Avengers is beginning to shape up. It's becoming my favorite non deadpool Marvel comic

Shango_1king

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@silver_zeal: I kind of take back what I said about Blue Marvel not fitting in with the Mighty Avengers. I think he's a great guest member (after reading volume two again I think his relationship with Luke Cage is fascinating), but I still think he's much better served as an illuminati member. Especially with his connection to The Watcher. I'm liking how Mighty Avengers is beginning to shape up. It's becoming my favorite non deadpool Marvel comic

Monica rambeu is the most powerful on the team. The writer should write him were he is trying to master his anti-matter power. OMFG imagine if Blue marvel and monica had a freakin child

Silver Zeal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, we/SZ just cant wait 2 c wat Ewing(writer of MA) & Brevoort has installd 4 us/readers with d upcming CAMA(Captn America & d MA). We/SZ knw dat dearly issues will probably gv Falcap mo focus being d nu Cap.A & all dat nut hopefully we'll also get 2 c mo' BM.

@phantom1527 said:

Monica rambeu is the most powerful on the team. The writer should write him were he is trying to master his anti-matter power. OMFG imagine if Blue marvel and monica had a freakin child

Dat wud b superb.

We/SZ hv bn championing 4 a BM/Monica pairing in d CBR board/MA thrd 4 a while. A BM/Monica child cud easily b 1 of d top 10 most pwrful beings on d planet. Den lets just say dis child gets 'involved' with Uatu's child in d future & in turn gv birth 2 a child or children....just hw pwrful wud such a child b?

Anyhw, we/SZ hope Ewing takes full advantg of BM's "drone portals" tek, global supaheroix & his mysterious past 2 introduce & devlp nu supavillains, globetrotting & cosmic plotlines while indulging in a few socio-political, filosofical & metafizical stories as well.

2 bad BM, isnt featuring, cameo-ing(?) or appearing anywhr else.Lots of brilliant plot potential with BM esp gvn wat occurrd in d horrible Origin sins event.

Its sad dat Soule & Ewing didnt workcloser 2gthr 2 mk She-Hulk's solo mo' closer 2 d MA ongoing...now its cancelld.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.