Follow

Blue Marvel

Character » Blue Marvel appears in 220 issues.

When Adam discovered his super-powers, he fashioned a secret identity with which to protect his country, and became Blue Marvel. He served as a hero for years, and was one of the most popular heroes of his time. Adam was pressured by the government to retire, because of how much power he had and for being black. He was forced out of retirement to face his greatest foe and former best friend, Anti-Man.

Blue Marvel on Avengers

YoungGunna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By YoungGunna

Why didnt they put Blue Marvel apart of the new Avengers squad are they going to further develop him

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By SC  Moderator

Well, its more up to the writer really, Brian Michael Bendis has to want to use him. Personally I am waiting patiently for Dan Slott to get a bit more popular with comic fans (more popular) so that if he ever gets another chance to do Avengers he totally kills on it. I bring up Dan Slott because he actually expressed interest in using Blue Marvel back in Mighty Avengers, but he never got a chance to use him. (Mighty was cancelled)  

Lets hope that they do develop him, he was awesome. Still, its up to us fans to keep him relevant too. His sales were pretty bad, so he can't make his way in Marvel though solos, or self titled minis, so now we have to find out what writers want to use him, and support them, and always ask Marvel about him, though various sources. Online, letters, forums, Formspring, etc  

Then lets remember, we want this done right too. It took like 7 years for Sentry to go from his first mini to being in Avengers I think. Roughly about that time. People though he got rushed into Marvel mainstream, got rushed into Avengers etc people got sick of him really fast anyway. Blue Marvel has been around... 3 to 4 years? I think it might be better to let him cameo appear in a few books, build up his name with good writers that care about him. When he does join an Avengers team, he is going to affect the team dynamic greatly. New Avengers might be to weak for him. Him and Thor on the same team would make that team almost unstoppable. (or they would have to be really smart with writing and villain selection)

Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Nova`Prime`

The biggest problem with using Blue Marvel on the Avengers is Bendis would probably turn him into the next Sentry.

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @Nova`Prime` said:
    " The biggest problem with using Blue Marvel on the Avengers is Bendis would probably turn him into the next Sentry. "
    Drop the probably and you're exactly right. 

Also, since Blue Marvel is African American, Bendis would have him speak in ebonics clichés for 99% of his dialogue.
    ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#5  Edited By ReVamp
    @FadeToBlackBolt said:
    " @Nova`Prime` said:
    " The biggest problem with using Blue Marvel on the Avengers is Bendis would probably turn him into the next Sentry. "
    Drop the probably and you're exactly right.   Also, since Blue Marvel is African American, Bendis would have him speak in ebonics clichés for 99% of his dialogue. "

I don't want another Sentry.
    PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By PrinceIMC

Maybe they could sneak him into Avengers Academy. He's a teacher, he's been around a while, he's had a few problems. And if any of those little Avengers Academy snots gets out of line he could take them down.
    FridgeRaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By FridgeRaider

He should make his own Avengers team. It'll be him and Night Thrasher or Moon Knight, Namor, Photon, Brotha Voodoo, Blade, and Storm. They're base of Operations would be The Mariana Trench and their aid will be The Watcher.

Osiris1428

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Osiris1428

Yeah, they should use the character, and no, I don't think Bendis would make him speak 'Ebonics'. Bendis can write a pretty suburban 'ICON' Sydney Poitier type of black male.

UltraHeroix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By UltraHeroix

iI think he could be a really good role-model type character and he  would be great as leader of New Avengers. But time should be taken with it as he gains respect from his peers to eventually gain leadership. I think he would definitely be a more mature leader than Luke Cage.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edc72068d57d
    deactivated-5edc72068d57d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@Nova`Prime` said:
    The biggest problem with using Blue Marvel on the Avengers is Bendis would probably turn him into the next Sentry.
    Hardly, they are completely different.
    Timandm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#11  Edited By Timandm
    @VenomMelendez said:
    @Nova`Prime` said:
    I think everyone here KNOWS they are completely different... That's the point, Bendis would do it ANYWAY...
    TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#12  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

If Bendis weren't still writing Avengers, I'd love for Blue Marvel to join the team. I really would like to see a new mini-series for him, maybe see him getting use to being back in the superhero game and interacting with other characters like Cap, Spider-Man, ect. Great character that hopefully Marvel won't let fade away without seeing where he can really go.

AMS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By AMS

Agree Blue Marvel needs some more limelight!

Mega_spidey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By Mega_spidey01

yeah blue marvel would be interesting character  and they need to put him on some good story arcs 

Silver Zeal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Silver Zeal

Sentry joined d Avengers roster very very quickly & got a myriad of support & team-up 1-shots & 2 mini's...y isnt BM awarded d same.

Paracelsus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Paracelsus

I dunno, given that husband and wife superhero team the Black Panther and Storm(BTW shouldn't she be pregnant yet- that IS what a Queen's main activity is supposed to be- giving birth to heirs to the throne?) are going to join the Avengers, perhaps there is an unofficial quota in force so that the Avengers never become predominantly of any given ethnic group( Caucasian, Hispanic, African American, Asian-American, whatever)!

Terry

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Hadrelius

Marvel needs Blue Marvel. With Thor either dead or caught up in some event involving Asgard and Sentry being gone, where is Earth's extremely powerful protector? Who on earth could stop someone as powerful as Gladiator if he decided to cause havoc? Like when the evil Hyperion came to cause problems. Marvel brought this great and useful character into the light just to placed him back in the dark. Marvel is really starting to lose my confidence that they know what they are doing.

tjizz350

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By tjizz350

I agree with all of you blue marvel is a awesome character. I hope marvel uses him again in a major story. I also hope they don't try to make any drastic changes that will mess up his character. I do believe eventually bring him back. Its our job as fans to support him so that when he does return he will stay.

zemu6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#19  Edited By zemu6

@deactivated-5edc72068d57d said:

@Nova`Prime` said:

Agreed. 'Sides, I doubt Bendis would be 'notorious' to just make BM another Sentry and only that.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.