Blue Lantern Rings?

#1 Posted by CM9 (188 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok i dont get how they work if there is no green lantern around there pretty much useless and when a green lantern is around can they like make wepons and stuff like the green lanterns do and the yellows?
#2 Posted by danhimself (22679 posts) - - Show Bio
@CM9 said:
"Ok i dont get how they work if there is no green lantern around there pretty much useless and when a green lantern is around can they like make wepons and stuff like the green lanterns do and the yellows? "

when no Green Lantern is around they enable the wearer to breath in space and flight...but when they also charge Green Lanterns when they're around and like you said they're able to make constructs when Green Lanterns are around.
#3 Posted by thetitan0 (846 posts) - - Show Bio

when the green rings are around they are sead to be the strongest of all the rings, because and i qote "hope is nothing without will to act on"

#4 Posted by CM9 (188 posts) - - Show Bio

:D In the book it says "The blue ring creates construts that soothe target"
#5 Posted by danhimself (22679 posts) - - Show Bio

yeah they aren't really combat rings they're more for support
#6 Posted by CM9 (188 posts) - - Show Bio

I still dont understand they cant make wepons and stuff so what whould a blue  lantern make? sorry for being a pest just trying to understand them i really like Saint walker and his story
#7 Posted by Stormultt (5317 posts) - - Show Bio
@CM9 said:
"I still dont understand they cant make wepons and stuff so what whould a blue  lantern make? sorry for being a pest just trying to understand them i really like Saint walker and his story "

with the willpower of a green lantern around they cant make light sculptures or anything they can only use their power from others hope like when they de-aged a dying sun, but if no GL is around then they can only have the power of flight and aura protection i think.
#8 Posted by danhimself (22679 posts) - - Show Bio
@Stormultt said:
"@CM9 said:
"I still dont understand they cant make wepons and stuff so what whould a blue  lantern make? sorry for being a pest just trying to understand them i really like Saint walker and his story "
with the willpower of a green lantern around they cant make light sculptures or anything they can only use their power from others hope like when they de-aged a dying sun, but if no GL is around then they can only have the power of flight and aura protection i think. "

also when no GL is around they work as cell phones to
#9 Posted by CM9 (188 posts) - - Show Bio

what whould they do in battle?
#10 Posted by ASKwhy (282 posts) - - Show Bio
@CM9:  
Without a Green Lantern? They would Hope. 
With a Green Lantern? They would kick @$$!
#11 Posted by Stormultt (5317 posts) - - Show Bio
@ASKwhy said:
" @CM9:  Without a Green Lantern? They would Hope. With a Green Lantern? They would kick @$$! "

Exactly.
#12 Posted by Silver Knight75 (1145 posts) - - Show Bio

Are Blue Lanterns attacked much? 

#13 Posted by Griffin_2099 (571 posts) - - Show Bio

Blue Lantern constructs react to the person the construct is being made for / against. I get the impression Blue Lanterns don't have a lot of control over their constructs. 

I don't remember them making a beam weapon or anything like that (except to use the hope of an entire race to revive a sun).

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.