Follow

Blue Beetle (Reyes)

Character » Blue Beetle (Reyes) appears in 672 issues.

Jaime Reyes was just a regular high school student from El Paso, Texas, until he found the Scarab after Ted Kord lost it. With the Scarab, he has great power and uses that power to protect the innocent as the the third, and current Blue Beetle.

Reyes is a "failed state"

jointron33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

Jaime Reyes may be popular with fans, but that popularity did not translate to sales with either of his titles. It seems that Reyes has failed at being the breakout character that he was thought of being. It seems that a certain Kord needs to take back the bug..........

Sins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Sins

It's pretty sad that the sales didn't do better. I much prefer this Blue Beetle to the ancient "wannabe Batman".

This one have a vast arsenal of power and a cool background were, for a change, he didn't had to see one of his "familly member / mentor" die to become a hero. He juste did it becaude he have the heart of a Hero and accepted the poisoned gift who stumble across his path to make it a tool for good!

jointron33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#3  Edited By jointron33

@sins: Ted Kord is not a wannabe Batman. He is funny and not just another wannabe Spider-man, except this time with "100% more Mexican"!

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 32

People only liked Ted Kord after he died

Sins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Sins

Post-mortum recognition XD

But, do not misunderstand me. I saw that Ted Kord was a marvelous character. I just pity the poeple who can't go on and accept his fate and the more marvelous legacy he is giving us with Jaime.

Just look at the Booster Gold V2 and Justice League : Generation lost. Maybe you'll see what I saw between the two last Blue Beetle. Those two would have made a great Mentor/Protege team.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sins: Ted Kord is not a wannabe Batman. He is funny and not just another wannabe Spider-man, except this time with "100% more Mexican"!

genius loser with no friends getting bit by a spider = spider-man

this guy had friends, in fact he had the protection of a gang member, only similarities is that he was a teenager at the time

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The hell is this? Jaime was a great character. But despite having the BB name, its not a popular and powerful enough name to draw in people who don't know.

RevivalMH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I disagree with this entirely. Jaime is a character that just needs another opportunity to shine. In a sense he is/was just before his time. Diversity is playing a bigger role in comics than it has even just 5 years ago. Jaime was Kamala Kahn before Kamala was even a thing. I think people are more receptive now and are craving even more diversity than is already present in comics.

Get a good author to expand on what Giffen and Rogers started and we could see an extremely popular Blue Beetle. Maybe he could finally fill the Spider-man type role he was supposed to.

SmoothJammin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DC has a goldmine in Reyes, they need to understand there IS an audience for him. Market him as DC's spiderman, throw him in more events, team books, cater to the demographics reading his title. The fellow above me had it right when he mentioned BB III is before his time. Just watch!

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f
    deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@revivalmh: New 52 made him into Spiderman's copy.

TheExile285

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 4

DC has a goldmine in Reyes, they need to understand there IS an audience for him. Market him as DC's spiderman, throw him in more events, team books, cater to the demographics reading his title. The fellow above me had it right when he mentioned BB III is before his time. Just watch!

Hmm, that sounds like a good idea. Doubt DC would actually do it.

RevivalMH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vitalius: To be honest I haven't read any of the New 52 stuff. I've read pretty much everything he was in prior though. He was always a Spider-man clone. He's DCs Latino Spider-Man with anime influences essentially. Which is why I love him.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@revivalmh: its kind awful. But i hope the new series can be great.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@revivalmh: the new 52 wasn't really a super hero, it was him basically trying to stay alive. So depends if you want a "super hero" comic he technically didn't even become one lol. It was sitll kind of cool. Just when he was starting to go the hero route things changed

RevivalMH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w0nd: @vitalius:Yeah, I have both of the trades from the New 52 run but I have yet to actually read them. Almost no one has nice things to say about it. I'm excited for the upcoming series with Keith Giffen. It sounds like exactly what all of Ted Kord and Jaime Reyes fans have been asking for.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@revivalmh: Plus Doctor Fate will appear in it as well.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w0nd: @vitalius:Yeah, I have both of the trades from the New 52 run but I have yet to actually read them. Almost no one has nice things to say about it. I'm excited for the upcoming series with Keith Giffen. It sounds like exactly what all of Ted Kord and Jaime Reyes fans have been asking for.

did you read the preview? What do you think of the changes they made ?

RevivalMH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w0nd: Funny thing is, I just started reading those trades today. What a coincidence hah. I've finished the first trade and just got to the part where he met Kyle Rayner. The New 52 run, for me, is a little dark. One of the best parts about his original run was the supporting cast and the strong sense of family. With this it's been tragedy after tragedy and like you said he's just struggling to survive.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w0nd: Funny thing is, I just started reading those trades today. What a coincidence hah. I've finished the first trade and just got to the part where he met Kyle Rayner. The New 52 run, for me, is a little dark. One of the best parts about his original run was the supporting cast and the strong sense of family. With this it's been tragedy after tragedy and like you said he's just struggling to survive.

i was googling blue beetle and this thread came up so i figured id ask lol.

They are redoing it again, look up "blue beetle rebirth"

it's ted kord and Jaime together in this series.

RevivalMH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w0nd: Yeah, that's the reason I figured I would catch up on New 52 Blue Beetle. My hope is they somehow bring the old continuity in to this new run as well.

El_Gato93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@jointron33: 3 years later and Jaime is getting another solo series, appearing in multiple animated shows/movies and videogames! He isn't going anywhere, anytime soon!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.