Iron Man vs. Blue Beetle

#1 Posted by Silver2467 (16527 posts) - - Show Bio

This is not exactly a battle thread. Iron Man vs. Blue Beetle has been done I think four times. That's not what I'm here to discuss. I want to know why exactly people think Blue Beetle (Jamie Reyes) can win. Now, before I go on, I just want to say I don't doubt that he can. It's just that I've read through his powers. Based on that alone, it wouldn't seem to me like he'd have much chance. I have read about his Spectre feat. Although, from what I understand (I don't think I've ever read the issue it was from), he really didn't do much to Spectre. It's just that he could have had Spectre not ended it. I could be wrong on that; so if I am, someone correct me. Now, I've also read up on his fight with an alternate Bart Allen. That's a good feat too. So far though, those are the only legitimate ones I'm aware. There are a couple others but none worth mentioning in this match. Now I understand the Scarab could simply analyze the Iron Man armor and decide the method by which it could beat him. Fair enough. I'm just curious as to what specifically people's reasoning is for Blue Beetle defeating Iron Man. I'm also more than open to people making the case that Iron Man wins. Whichever you see fit, just tell me why. That's the key here. I'd like to get a little insight into Beetle's potential.  

I'd like to point out that I've never been a huge Blue Beetle fan. I don't dislike him. It's not like that. I like him. I think he's cool. He's just not my favorite hero. I would like to point out though that Jamie is my favorite Beetle so far. He's young, a titan, has power potential, and he's got the most killer costume/armor of all the Beetles so far. Seriously, his uniform design deserves an epic win. Anyway, just wanted to make a few things clear. Help me out if you can. 

#2 Posted by Silver2467 (16527 posts) - - Show Bio

No one?

#3 Posted by Jake Fury (18116 posts) - - Show Bio

I wish I knew enough about the Blue Beetle to give you an honest answer.
#4 Posted by Silver2467 (16527 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jake Fury: Well, thanks for the thought anyway. Check back in later. You might learn something just like I plan to do. 
#5 Posted by Silver2467 (16527 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyone wanna give me a hand here?

#6 Posted by karrob (4276 posts) - - Show Bio

I do. I've read enough of BB to know that his armor is more advanced then IM extremis. The armor can practically come up with means to defeat any non Spectre level character. Now that almost translates to LT in marvel but I doubt that. IM has way more experience and intelligence though. So to sum it up in an all out slug fest id give it to BB. In a carefully thought out battle IM would take it hands down! 

#7 Posted by Silver2467 (16527 posts) - - Show Bio
@karrob: Right. OK. I mean, that's what I though based on the Scarab's ability to carefully analyze opponents and basically pull abilities out of the air to defeat them. Is that the only thing though, or is there something else?
#8 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio

Why wouldn't the explanation of why Blue Beetle wins be covered in the battle threads?

To answer your question: Scale. Blue Beetle's armor is capable of fighting Green freaking Lanterns to a standstill. Iron man isn't.

#9 Posted by Silver2467 (16527 posts) - - Show Bio
@AtPhantom: Well, good point. I mean, that's no small feat. It's just the explanation on how he fights them that's my question. I'm assuming it has to do with the Scarabs ability to adapt, but I just want to be sure about this. 
#10 Posted by Silver2467 (16527 posts) - - Show Bio

No one?

#11 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jake Fury said:
" I wish I knew enough about the Blue Beetle to give you an honest answer. "
#12 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio
@Silver2467 said:
" @AtPhantom: Well, good point. I mean, that's no small feat. It's just the explanation on how he fights them that's my question. I'm assuming it has to do with the Scarabs ability to adapt, but I just want to be sure about this.  "
It has to do with the scarab's ability to project force on such a level. Other than that, I don't know what you mean. Scarab can create shields powerful enough to block Lantern attacks, can create weapons powerful enough to rock Lantern shields, and has a ton of other lovely abilities to boot. What else is there to note?
#13 Posted by Silver2467 (16527 posts) - - Show Bio
@AtPhantom: I understand that. The Scarab is able to produce pretty much anything Jaimie will need for the fight. I was just wondering. Iron Man's been able to fight some heavy hitters himself. So I was just wondering as to what people's reasons were. 
#14 Posted by Silver2467 (16527 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyone else care to comment? 

#15 Posted by dementedtheclown (747 posts) - - Show Bio

no

#16 Posted by Son_of_Magnus (15258 posts) - - Show Bio

Jaimie

#17 Posted by Buckshot (18913 posts) - - Show Bio

The Blue Beetle can create weaponry that's just more destructive than Iron Man. The scarab once gave Jaime 3 images it could make in escalating firepower. I wish I could remember what each one was about, but I'm pretty sure the second one was capable of destroying the planet and the third was even more powerful. Those are just weapons the scarab can make for general threats. It can also do a fair job of adapting to threats as they come, allowing Jaime to use his powers in lots of different ways as necessary.
#18 Posted by ULTRAstarkiller (5868 posts) - - Show Bio

the only way ironman has a chance is if hes wearing his bleeding edge armor then he could win but until then BB takes it

#19 Posted by mavfan626 (4121 posts) - - Show Bio

@Buckshot said:

The Blue Beetle can create weaponry that's just more destructive than Iron Man. The scarab once gave Jaime 3 images it could make in escalating firepower. I wish I could remember what each one was about, but I'm pretty sure the second one was capable of destroying the planet and the third was even more powerful. Those are just weapons the scarab can make for general threats. It can also do a fair job of adapting to threats as they come, allowing Jaime to use his powers in lots of different ways as necessary.

I don't think the BB can destroy a planet but is more impressive then Iron Man

#20 Posted by FuZySLiPeRz (71 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Man throws on the celestial armor and he wins...effortlessly

#21 Posted by sagejonathan (1810 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Man would need one of his best armors to stand a chance because Blue Beetle can do more with the scarab.

#22 Posted by rowan1018 (18 posts) - - Show Bio

bleeding Armour is basically the scarab it's weapons are all thought up immediately so tie in terms of technology

#23 Posted by Stefano (341 posts) - - Show Bio

Blue beetle wins, his armor/shields can take blast from an enraged Guy Gardner and punches from Lobo. Since Iron Man doesn’t have that kind of fire power or physical strength he wound be able to hurt BB. Blue can take down tony by corrupting his systems, similar to what he did to OMAC Prime, or making a blast canon powerful enough to bring IM down, BB has stated he can make guns powerful enough to destroy a planet. The scarbs were designed to fight green lanterns, thus it can be assumed its weapons/armor are much more powerful then Iron Man’s

#24 Posted by Woodchuck799 (37 posts) - - Show Bio

Blue Beetle has this one. His armour is way more powerful than anything Tony could bring up. He would maybe stand a chance depending on which one he chooses but its likely that the blue beetle wins

#25 Edited by PAaRALAX (5 posts) - - Show Bio

blue beetle would most definitely beat iron man with relative ease the scarabs knowledge far surpasses any of iron mans and it has the ability to create weapons on demand but obviously within a certain limit. blue beetle can also repair his armor if it is damaged making it very difficult for iron man to do sustained damage to blue beetle , another ability the scarab possesses is that it can adapt the suit for different situations for example bulking the suit up to make its physical strength a lot higher and more resistant to attacks the blue beetle can also create boom tubes and weapons strong enough to knock down the likes of superman he has once been shown to create a weapon that was forbidden for use by the scarab but used it to temporarily knock out the spectre himself the scarab can process things faster than the flash so i say the fight is very one sided not to say iron man wont put up a fight he will but the scarab has an unlimited source of power and weaponry at his disposal so i say beetle wins hands down , beetle would most likely be able to hack into iron mans suit and destroy it from the inside like he does to black beetle in young justice

#26 Posted by Ted_Kord567 (4 posts) - - Show Bio

Is this even a question Blue Beetles tech is way more advanced than Iron Mans no to mention Jaime Reyes is bonded with the scarab who carefully analyzes every weakness and can counter it. Tony doesn't stand a chance

#27 Posted by DogSoldier88 (467 posts) - - Show Bio

The Blue Beetle's powers are listed as:

Abilities

1. Tracking Systems, the suit can track any form of energy, biological, magic or technology.
  2. Scarab Sight, the Scarab can track anyone Jaime has encountered and search for anything concealing itself even if they are in other dimensions. It can also determine a persons conditions such as pregnancy.
  3. Symbiotic Telepathic Communication, Jaime and the Scarab can communicate but the Scarab talks in it's own language.
  4. Wireless Network Connection.
  5. Superhuman Strength. Sufficient to pick up a light truck.
  6. Can be estimated to be able of lifting up to 3 tons.
  7. Superhuman Agility -Armor Resilience.
  8. Partial Armor Manifestation.
  9. Dual-Purpose Wings, the wings could act as a shield but have changed to be more translucent.
  10. Battle Analysis Adaptation.
  11. Energy Blasts.
  12. Vibrational Frequency Manipulation.
  13. Translation.
  14. Waste Disposal, he doesn't need to use the bathroom in the suit.
  15. Healing factor, capable of healing himself after Maxwell Lord shot him in the head.

This is not beating Iron Man, of any incarnation. You guys must be talking about Blue Beetles that existed before you were born.

#28 Posted by Constantine (16046 posts) - - Show Bio

@dogsoldier88: You list all that and still discard blue beetle can win? what is your defence on Stark's side?

IMO Beetle wins, his tech is superior and that is really all that counts in this fight

#29 Edited by DogSoldier88 (467 posts) - - Show Bio

@constantine: Let's start with "Super-strength enough to pick up a light truck"... estimated at 3 tons. You know that Iron Man's armor gives him Class 100 (100 ton) strength right? Add Symbiotic communication and Waste Disposal to his list of powers that will not matter when facing Tony Stark. And his Battle Analysis computer should tell him "we're about to die, we can't hurt this guy, and he has just locked on us from 2 orbit". Iron-Man has fought Thor and Hulk, both of which would PWN Guy Gardner. Iron Man's power list is no long that I am only going to post the url to the Marvel Wiki page on Tony Stark.

http://marvel.wikia.com/Iron_Man_(Anthony_%22Tony%22_Stark)

Please read that power list, and honestly tell me how Blue Beetle survives against this guy? Blue Beetle will not win. He likely won't even survive.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.