Honest Blue Beetle #2 Opinions

#1 Posted by Superguy0009e (2265 posts) - - Show Bio

Another round of honest Blue Beetle collab.

Blue Beetle #2

For me, this issue was good, just nothing really happened. I think that the new dynamic for Jaime and the Scarab will be interesting, and I hope that the series can continue to have great art, and great dialogue, just needs to speed up a little.

What is your honest opinion of Blue Beetle #2

#2 Posted by _Zombie_ (10326 posts) - - Show Bio

Haven't read it myself, wasn't planning on it based off of reviews. My list is full as is, so unless I can be proven wrong, I'm going to pass this up for the better issues.

#3 Posted by Rixec (353 posts) - - Show Bio

I loved it and am looking forward to the next issue!

#4 Posted by Superguy0009e (2265 posts) - - Show Bio

@ZombieBigfoot: it wasnt bad, the comicvine review was incredibly negative, but ya, nothing really happened in the issue, but still kept me interested

#5 Posted by _Zombie_ (10326 posts) - - Show Bio

@Superguy0009e said:

@ZombieBigfoot: it wasnt bad, the comicvine review was incredibly negative, but ya, nothing really happened in the issue, but still kept me interested

I'll see if any of my friends get it. If they do, I'll read their copies and go from there.

#6 Posted by danhimself (22320 posts) - - Show Bio

didn't read it...the first issue's over abundance of foreign languages and no translations drove me away from that book...which is a shame because I wanted to like that book

#7 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32993 posts) - - Show Bio
@Superguy0009e said:

I'll agree with this
#8 Posted by Rixec (353 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself: Bedard says the Spanish lessons over the next few issues. And just skim over them if they bother you that much; this book is too good to ignore because of a petty thing like that.

#9 Posted by danhimself (22320 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rixec: not petty....If I'm buying a book I want to be able to read 100% of it not 50%

#10 Posted by Superguy0009e (2265 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself: well that's kind of the point...you're not going to walk into a Spanish dominate area of a city and be able to understand everything...it brings in a bit of realism, besides, there characters were raised in a Hispanic environment by Hispanic parents, they're going to speak SOME spanish

#11 Posted by danhimself (22320 posts) - - Show Bio

@Superguy0009e: I don't have a problem with that....but almost every other book around if there's someone speaking another language be it an earth language or an alien language they'll usually translate it in a bubble at the bottom of a panel

#12 Posted by Rixec (353 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself: It's no different than coming across a difficult English word you don't know. In fact, we can interpret what they're saying based on the situation and the English words around it.

#13 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12607 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rixec said:

@danhimself: It's no different than coming across a difficult English word you don't know. In fact, we can interpret what they're saying based on the situation and the English words around it.

jesus christ, leave him alone. he said he didnt want to read the book,so just let it be.

#14 Posted by Rixec (353 posts) - - Show Bio

@Avenging-X-Bolt: What's your problem? All I'm doing is explaining my reasoning about the book and how I look at it. It's NOT like I'm saying: "YO MOTHAFREKA! READ THIS HERE BOOK CAUSE IT"S THE 'IN THING!'"

All I'm saying is about the words and how there can still be difficulty even in English. It's simple reasoning, not constant bugging. Constant bugging is: "Read it read it read it read it! Read it or I'll keep posting to you to read it until you do or call the fuzz on me!"

This was nothing to use Jesus's name in vain for.

#15 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12607 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rixec said:

@Avenging-X-Bolt: What's your problem? All I'm doing is explaining my reasoning about the book and how I look at it. It's NOT like I'm saying: "YO MOTHAFREKA! READ THIS HERE BOOK CAUSE IT"S THE 'IN THING!'"

All I'm saying is about the words and how there can still be difficulty even in English. It's simple reasoning, not constant bugging. Constant bugging is: "Read it read it read it read it! Read it or I'll keep posting to you to read it until you do or call the fuzz on me!"

This was nothing to use Jesus's name in vain for.

flawed logic. you dont have to be overtly obnoxious to be pestering or irritating. he in no way expressed a desire for a lecture. if he truly wants to read the bok, he'll find a way. you said what you needed to, he listened . let it go

#16 Edited by Rixec (353 posts) - - Show Bio

@Avenging-X-Bolt: I'm not lecturing him, I'm just a comic book fan giving my view on a comic. This is how I feel and to someone who has concerns about these matters I say what I think about it. He may choose to listen or not, but at least I am leaving something he can think about and if he chooses not to use this then all right. And your main concern shouldn't be about him, but rather you. Whenever someone says something like you've been saying I get very emotional and don't tend to let it go, even if it would be in my best interests.

#17 Edited by whatami11 (6 posts) - - Show Bio

For me there is only 1 blue beetle....TED KORD......And if DC refuses to bring him back.....I'll do it! www.kickstarter.com/projects/371898706/the-blue-beetle-ted-kord-returns?ref=live check it out on kickstarter....enough people interested and Ted will live again! :)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.