Follow

Blue Beetle (Reyes)

Character » Blue Beetle (Reyes) appears in 672 issues.

Jaime Reyes was just a regular high school student from El Paso, Texas, until he found the Scarab after Ted Kord lost it. With the Scarab, he has great power and uses that power to protect the innocent as the the third, and current Blue Beetle.

Blue Beetle TV Show

Archetype

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Archetype

So it would appear that Blue Beetle may be getting his own live-action tv show.

Jaime Reyes
     Jaime Reyes

From @GeoffJohns0

via Twitter

BLUE BEETLE NEWS from DCE!! We have a live-action test of Jaime Reyes' scarab activating his suit. It. Is. Awesome.

Blue Beetle's going to appear in most of the Brave and the Bold's this year and we're hoping to develop a live-action show. Fingers crossed! 

If I can break it out of the vault, I'll bring it to SDCC. LIVE ACTION BLUE BEETLE!! 

So what do you guys think?

*Also sorry I never understood the linking to other forums thing...I can't do it after it is already posted.
    rlmay3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By rlmay3

I JUST posted the same topic. I even did a search up top before hand to make sure it wouldn't be duplicate and nothing turned up, ha. My bad.

I'm excited!! I love Blue Beetle. I just hope they don't turn it into a teen drama and instead let the guy kick some ass. I'm also hoping other heroes possibly have cameos.

EDIT: From the threat I started before seeing yours: "Do you think Blue Beetle is big enough to have his own show? Does his character have enough potential for character and story development? He's very much the new Peter Parker, considering he deals with being a teenager and a hero simultaneously (the insect/arachnid similarities aside), so do you think a network would turn the show into a teen drama with a side of action or do the comic justice?? Any other thoughts?"

Avatar image for bearded_justice
    Bearded Justice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Bearded Justice

cool, but id prefer Ted Kord.  maybe he'll make some random appearances or something.
    rlmay3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By rlmay3
    @Bearded Justice: That's what I'm hoping too!! They've managed to pull him into the animated and comic storylines and make it work.
    Archetype

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Archetype
    @rlmay3: You mean do I think they will turn it into Smallville?...and my answer is I hope not.I want them to mainly focus on the humor and the action just like a Spidey tv show would.Sure there can be some drama he is after all a teenager, but I fear they will add a little too much teen drama but I am cautiously optimistic about the show in general.If they can have some good action and a decently funny/witty sense of humor then the show will be great.I am not a huge BB fan however I want other comicbook tv shows to do well so I hope they can balance everything out and have an entertaining finished product.Right now I really just want to see what Geoff saw the transformation test.Can't wait for SDCC!hope they screen it there.ALso about the dupe thread thing I know what you mean it happened to me before so this time I constantly checked everything until I was finished with my post but it's no big deal news like this is bound to get people excited.
    rlmay3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By rlmay3
    @Archetype: HAHA!! That's actually EXACTLY what I meant, I just didn't want to offend any Smallville fans out there, haha. I realize they will need drama to make the show work, but just like you said, too much and it becomes melodrama with a comic book twist. And though I am a BB fan, I 100% agree there are other heroes really more deserving of a quality TV show, especially ones that will never make it to the sliver screen (or ones that will and will completely flop). But I actually think that a television series has better potential for comic book superheroes than movies, since the stories are already a part of a larger series, so long as netowork execs don't mess with the stories too much.

And yeah, I can't wait until that first leaked phone-video from SDCC finds its way to YouTube, at least until it's officially released.
    Dracade102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: -1

#7  Edited By Dracade102

YES!!!
    ~The Wanderer~

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#8  Edited By ~The Wanderer~
    @Dracade102 said:

YES!!!

hdorman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By hdorman1

cool

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

boo jamie. yay ted.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.