Blue Beetle Makes Video Game Debut

Posted by No_name_here (1223 posts) - - Show Bio

Is that a legion of Gorilla Gordds they're going to be attacking?

DC’s Source blog has released this picture along with a blurb, letting the people know that Blue Beetle III is going to be a playable character in the BATMAN: BRAVE AND THE BOLD vidya game that’s coming to the Wii and the DS this fall. As far as I’m aware, this’ll be the first time you can play as any of the Blue Beetles in a game.  

Hmmmm… only just recently, Geoff Johns shared screenshots of live-action BLUE BEETLE TV show (and you can also see that scarab-powered scene in full-motion at Bleeding Cool.) Between that and this game, I get the feeling that DC Entertainment’s going to be putting a lot of push on Blue Beetle in the future.  You think about it and, even though the character’s a second or third-stringer in DC’s pantheon, he’s really got as much potential to capture the general public’s imagination as Green Lantern or the Flash. More so than any of the other characters who started at Charlton, to be sure. His back-story isn’t especially complicated and it’s really easy to sum up as this hapless kid coming across a magic scarab to John Q. == TEASER ==

Actually, seeing as how we’re five or so years off from the character’s debut in INFINITE CRISIS, I think we’ve got enough evidence to evaluate this incarnation of the Blue Beetle. Have you been enjoying Jaime Reyes more than Ted Kord? There’s certainly a world of difference between their powers and personalities. I’ll say that, at the very least, I think Reye’s outfit’s a lot slicker than Kord’s.

-- Tom Pinchuk is the writer of UNIMAGINABLE for Arcana Studios and HYBRID BASTARDS! for Archaia. HYBRID BASTARDS! is  
#1 Posted by sharky64 (72 posts) - - Show Bio

awesome 

#2 Posted by ImperiousRix (1069 posts) - - Show Bio

Like the way the game's looking.  Just good old-school beat'em up action.  Would probably prefer Ted Kord, but based on the Brave and the Bold continuity, Jaime fits in best, probably.

#3 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8742 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool, hope we get to fight the Music Meister cause he was of pure awesome.

#4 Posted by doordoor123 (3721 posts) - - Show Bio

its a good idea to start pushing younger characters into a bigger picture. So eventually when characters like Bruce Wayne eventually (and hopefully) die, there is a new face of DC. And im not saying hopefully to Bruce Wayne because i dont like him. I really love him, but i wouldnt like Bruce and Kent to be the young Batman and Superman in 100 years. I know this might be nothing like that, but im hoping.

#5 Posted by Arkham Lunatic (111 posts) - - Show Bio
@Crom-Cruach said:
"Cool, hope we get to fight the Music Meister cause he was of pure awesome. "

#6 Posted by cattlebattle (12602 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Reyes Beetle is a little too Power Ranger.
#7 Posted by longbowhunter (6811 posts) - - Show Bio
@Crom-Cruach:
Music Meister all the way. That episope was hilarious!
#8 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8742 posts) - - Show Bio
@longbowhunter: Especially "Deathtrap" and "He drives us bats"
#9 Posted by ComicCrazy (1537 posts) - - Show Bio

Eh looks ok.
#10 Posted by TheMess1428 (2176 posts) - - Show Bio

I think they need to bring back his comic book and put him back in the Teen Titans. If they're gonna push him, they need to really push him.

#11 Posted by Darkchild (40624 posts) - - Show Bio
@Tom Pinchuk:  I understand everyone loves Jaime now that hes a BB, but i really wish they did more with Ted before he died for christ sake bring em back somehow into the mainstream. 

Cause frankly i just find Jaime whiny and b!tchy.....yet im still gonna watch the first ep to see how it does.
#12 Posted by ComicMan24 (147042 posts) - - Show Bio

I like how they are promoting the new Blue Beetle. It's nice to see new faces.
#13 Posted by PrinceSy (23 posts) - - Show Bio

I always wanted the Blue Beetle to get more attention glad he is now.

#14 Posted by NightFang (9907 posts) - - Show Bio
@sharky64 said:
" awesome  "
#15 Posted by goldenkey (2927 posts) - - Show Bio

I was turned on to how cool Ted Kord was in Countdown to Infinate Crisis.  The store owner gave me the book for free saying I was gonna like it so much Id come back and buy Infinate Crisis and the mini that was right before it.  Im drawing a blank.  Well I did,  and I think the Death of Ted Kord was one of the best one-shots Ive read.  B. Beetle 3 is just a cool ass character.  Cool powers, cool suit, and the first illustration of him is so damn pretty its not even funny.  The cover from Jim Lee for Infinate Crisis issue 3 or 4 I want to say.  They should put more attention to him.  He has a lof of cool potential.  He seems a like D.C. version of Ultimate Spiderman with obvious distinctions.

#16 Posted by Illyana Rasputin (2771 posts) - - Show Bio

Yay?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.