Armour vs ring

#1 Posted by AssertingValor (5396 posts) - - Show Bio

Which is more powerful, the Blue Beetle's armour or a Green Lantern's power ring?

#2 Posted by MUTANT413 (402 posts) - - Show Bio

Isn't the Green Lantern's power ring said to the the most powerful weapon in the universe?

#3 Posted by AssertingValor (5396 posts) - - Show Bio

One of them and it can produce such a huge variety of effects and weapons, But the armour has Databases and dozens of weapons built in so it is like a super alien batmobile armour. The armour needs a worthy user as if it can be to risky in a regular persons hands. The degree of energy projection it is capable of has never been expressed. It does reveal new gagets and tech all the time though. But to make it easier, i should have said which would you rather Use.

#4 Posted by Jamaican Jaguar (16 posts) - - Show Bio
ebuchanan said:
"One of them and it can produce such a huge variety of effects and weapons, But the armour has Databases and dozens of weapons built in so it is like a super alien batmobile armour. The armour needs a worthy user as if it can be to risky in a regular persons hands. The degree of energy projection it is capable of has never been expressed. It does reveal new gagets and tech all the time though. But to make it easier, i should have said which would you rather Use."
I would personally take the ring basically because I could use the ring to create all the weapons that  the suit does. Though if anyone read the booster gold ongoing series it can be said by Black Beetle who also uses a scarab that there armor's are used to fight green lanterns but Hal owns them completely. Though he was paralax during this. I would have the ring though
#5 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think either would win, they have remarkably similar capabilities, which is understandable considering they were made to fight each other. The armor is capable of restructuring itself to provide a wast array of abilities just like the ring can do it with light constructs.

I would still have the ring, because while they can provide almost the same array of effects, the ring can produce hard light constructs, something the armor cannot do. in the hands of a good tactician, the ring would be more deadly.

#6 Posted by AssertingValor (5396 posts) - - Show Bio

True but I know the suit can repair itself but i was never sure if it could heal the user. Can either power item heal its user at all?

#7 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio

Both can rather easily. The suit once revived its user from clinical death, and the ring is generally known to control its wielder's bodily functions. Hal used it to perform surgeries on several occasions.

#8 Edited by Thor-El (30 posts) - - Show Bio

I believe the real question here should be who is wielding the weapons. A Lantern ting requires someone will great willpower and concentration to use with great effect and then there is the persons imagination and knowledge to consider. The scarab that the blue beetle uses is not totally up to snuff as the scarabs normally take more control over the host and use them to fight their opponent so it could be used to great effect by just about anyone. Me personally, take both kind of like what was going on during the Sinestro Corps War.

#9 Posted by AssertingValor (5396 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump

#10 Posted by Crash_Recovery (850 posts) - - Show Bio

Bingo.

@Thor-El said:

I believe the real question here should be who is wielding the weapons.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.