Anyone excited about Smallville....

#1 Posted by magicman620 (125 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyone else excited about Smallville having the Blue Beetle (Jaime Reyes) in the show? I can't wait for it. Did you see that Blue Beetle Test pilot? What are your thoughts? Are you excited for the Blue Beetle hype? 

#2 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio

he's gonna be on the show?

#3 Posted by danielddavis (105 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe!

#4 Posted by CasimirAngel (150 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm excited to see both him and booster on the show

#5 Posted by joshmightbe (24885 posts) - - Show Bio

Blue Beetle and Booster Gold are gonna appear in an episode together

#6 Posted by Mr. Dead Pool (2625 posts) - - Show Bio

I stopped being excited for Smallville after Green Arrow and Aquaman showed up.

#7 Posted by joshmightbe (24885 posts) - - Show Bio

both poor replacements for batman

#8 Posted by Rixec (371 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't wait for the episode. Jaime and Booster are two of my favorites!

#9 Posted by Duo_forbidden (1161 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm excited to see both Blue Beetles (Jamie and Ted Kord).

#10 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm excited it's ending!

#11 Posted by ntb1124 (949 posts) - - Show Bio

I will get my hopes up after you all watch the show and tell me it is worth watching, otherwise I am remaining skeptical to keep from being disappointed. 

#12 Posted by joshmightbe (24885 posts) - - Show Bio

I think peoples biggest problem with smallville is that they refuse to accept that its not the same superman from the comics, people always complain about how different it is from the comic superman but they said from day one it was going to be. True there have been some poorly thought out plots but still if you take the show for what it is you can still find entertainment in it

#13 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio
@joshmightbe: 
There's also the whole whiny female dog Superman.

My powers something something burden... 10 years! 10 years!
#14 Posted by The Impersonator (5483 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm excited for the series finale because Micheal Rosenbaum is coming back as Lex Luthor. Anyone who haven't seen the episode, Scion. Spoiler Alert! 

#15 Posted by joshmightbe (24885 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheCrowbar: Its on the CW they have a teen angst quota they must fill
#16 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio
@joshmightbe said:
" @TheCrowbar: Its on the CW they have a teen angst quota they must fill "
Supernatural disagrees.
#17 Posted by PowerHerc (84004 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not excited by Blue Beetle on Smallville at all.   
It seems that there are many other characters that would be a much better fit for Smallville from Superman's mythos.
#18 Posted by joshmightbe (24885 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheCrowbar: Every episode I've seen of that show has sam dealing with some angsty crap 
#19 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio
@joshmightbe said:
" @TheCrowbar: Every episode I've seen of that show has sam dealing with some angsty crap  "
Shapeshifters and being possessed by the Devil is angsty crap?
#20 Posted by ntb1124 (949 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheCrowbar said:
" @joshmightbe said:
" @TheCrowbar: Its on the CW they have a teen angst quota they must fill "
Supernatural disagrees. "
Supernatural still has some of the teen angst, but is still a really good show.
The problems with Smallville are way too many to list here, but my biggest problem is that they have hinted towards him flying and putting the costume on for 10 years.  I do not mind that it has not happened, I just mind them teasing me with it over and over and over and over and....you get the point.  Also the show gets a little two run down with pointless emotional dribble that does not do anything for the story whether it is bad writing or whatever, it just seems like they repeat the same 5 minutes of dialog every episode between Clark and whoever he is insecure to this week.
#21 Posted by joshmightbe (24885 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheCrowbar: Well if you consider Clark being angsty about being the most powerful person on Earth then the same should apply to Sam's problems
#22 Posted by ntb1124 (949 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheCrowbar said:
" @joshmightbe said:
" @TheCrowbar: Every episode I've seen of that show has sam dealing with some angsty crap  "
Shapeshifters and being possessed by the Devil is angsty crap? "
No the end of the episode is usually were they throw in that stuff("Dean I am just so upset about............."), but it is no where near as bad as Smallville.
#23 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio
@joshmightbe said:
" @TheCrowbar: Well if you consider Clark being angsty about being the most powerful person on Earth then the same should apply to Sam's problems "
The difference is, Sam is dealing with his problems and moves on. When was the last time he mentioned his torched girlfriend?  Clark on the other hand is dealing with one of three issues:
Telling a girl about his powers.
Dealing with the consequences of being so powerful.
Being Powerless.

The show doesn't move from it, he in my opinion hasn't developed as a character.
#24 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio
@ntb1124 said:
" @TheCrowbar said:
" @joshmightbe said:
No the end of the episode is usually were they throw in that stuff("Dean I am just so upset about............."), but it is no where near as bad as Smallville. "
Then Bobby goes "You boys are idjiots,"
#25 Posted by ntb1124 (949 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheCrowbar said:
" @ntb1124 said:
" @TheCrowbar said:
" @joshmightbe said:
No the end of the episode is usually were they throw in that stuff("Dean I am just so upset about............."), but it is no where near as bad as Smallville. "
Then Bobby goes "You boys are idjiots," "
I love Bobby yelling at the two of them, and from your other post I completely agree that Clark/the Blurr hasn't really developed as a character, even Oliver Queen seemed to develop more over the last several seasons.
#26 Posted by Grim (2079 posts) - - Show Bio

i just want Smallvile to end. Unless Booster and Jamie show up completly knocking this bogus alternate reality, i dont give a damn.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.