A Blue Beetle TV Series? What happened to it?

#1 Posted by techee (3 posts) - - Show Bio

It has been over a year, and I don't hear any news on the Blue Beetle TV Show. It's annoying me with not knowing whether they had canceled it or not. I know that they had to do his Smallville episode, but still I want some news. At least give a date. I also know that they're going to have a Wonder Woman TV show, but I want a Blue Beetle TV series. I think it would be very interesting to see it actually on TV like they promised us about a year ago. Hopefully, they'll start the series soon, like in the summer or fall.

So, that leaves me with this question: What ever happened to this show?
#2 Posted by RedK (2521 posts) - - Show Bio

it was never picked up by any networks the teaser we saw where Jamie armours up was done by Geoff Johns as a concept for what the show could look like, as for his appearance in smallville that was to see if audiences (not just the comic fans) liked the character and would be intrested in seeing him in his own show, if it is ever going to be a show we'll probably hear something over the summer at latest winter if not then i guess it won't be getting picked up which is a shame

#3 Posted by Rixec (361 posts) - - Show Bio

I love Jaime and would love to see a show, but it might be hard since the Kordies aren't as fond of him.

#4 Posted by techee (3 posts) - - Show Bio

Let's just see if it gets picked up. If it doesn't, then let's just hope it does later on.

#5 Posted by mcampos (6 posts) - - Show Bio

The live-action series was never "promised." It was just test footage.  

And, if you ask me, the way Smallville did Blue Beetle is disgraceful. It was a horrible rendition of him, visually.  He looked like a prop out of the 1990s Power Rangers more than BB. 

Still, hopefully, the live-action show will be picked up!

#6 Edited by Duct4pe (18 posts) - - Show Bio

I saw a glimpse of the live action trailer in the teaser for DC Nation on Cartoon Network. No release date thought but Im hoping that this means that they will pick it up. Even though it was just test footage it looked awesome.

For the moment im just glad to see him on Young Justice.

There is Comic-Con 2012: Young Justice Trailer showing off the Black Beetle near the end. It also shows many other new characters.

@mcampos: I completely agree with you. What Smallville did to the Blue Beetle was terrible. His suit looked terrible and they didn't even bother showing his hands changing into blasters.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.