But once it was revealed who he was....

and once they revealed his orgin....

Holy Crap Cakes Batman!!

I liked the visual look to him

is he still alive?

The should have killed him off in STARMAN

instead of Amazing Man

#2 Posted by lordraiden (8384 posts) - - Show Bio

In JLA #27 (March 1999), Bloodwynd officially joins an emergency expansion of the Justice League in order to battle a rampaging Amazo. The battle, which takes place in the Florida Everglades, goes badly as most of the JLA are defeated and their powers copied. Amazo loses his powers when Superman officially disbands the league.

Day of Judgment

Main article: Day of Judgment (comics)

He was last seen during the Day of Judgement storyline and in JLA Black Baptism serving as a member of the Sentinels of Magic. In the latter storyline, he was badly injured by the Diablos, a group of Mafia-styled demons who wished to gain revenge for demons slain during the Day of Judgement.

Powers

Bloodwynd is an accomplished necromancer. He can also summon the spirits of the dead, which give him life energy and increased power. And he can sense where death has occurred, he can also force murderers to experience the pain of their victims similar to Ghost Rider's "Penance Stare" according to a story entitled Hero of Choice in Showcase '94 #5 by writer Ruben Diaz and artist Max Douglas.

The Blood Gem on his chest also grants him unspecified mystical powers, it is unknown whether the other gems on his costume confer any occult abilities. Also unknown is whether these magical gems have any connection to Doctor Mist one of whose origins stated that he created a series of magical gems

#3 Posted by Methos (40533 posts) - - Show Bio

yeah i remember him...

he was one of the ones that helped face down Doomsday before he killed Superman

M

#4 Posted by Cezar_TheScribe (2774 posts) - - Show Bio

I remember Bloodwynd. I wish DC would bring him back without the

#5 Posted by StrongestOneThereIs (7064 posts) - - Show Bio
Cezar_TheScribe said:
"I remember Bloodwynd. I wish DC would bring him back without the Martian Manhunter angle.

"

Yeah. He turned out to be the Martian right?
#6 Posted by Cezar_TheScribe (2774 posts) - - Show Bio
StrongestOneThereIs said:
"Cezar_TheScribe said:
"I remember Bloodwynd. I wish DC would bring him back without the Martian Manhunter angle.

"

Yeah. He turned out to be the Martian right?"
Yes, he was Martian Manhunter.  I didn't care for that at all.   There's not enough black characters as it is, they finally have an interesting character and he is someone else.

Nice job DC. :/ 

I'd like to see Dwayne McDuffie's take on Bloodwynd.
#7 Posted by superduper13 (75 posts) - - Show Bio

does anyone know in which issue his identity was told? or at least a panel where someone calls him "freddy" instead of bloodwynd? thatd be really cool because my real name is the exact same name as bloodwynds so if someone knew anything thatd be awesome!!! :) thanks

#8 Posted by Emperor Gonzo Noir (19148 posts) - - Show Bio

Wasn't he just Martian Manhunter?

#9 Posted by brc2000 (1686 posts) - - Show Bio
@Emperor Gonzo Noir said:
" Wasn't he just Martian Manhunter? "
He got sucked into his gem which was used by a mind controlled MM who assumed Bloodwynd's form for a while, but he was freed later.
#10 Posted by superduper13 (75 posts) - - Show Bio
@brc2000: i know all that but on his page it says his real name is freddy widmer....so i was just wondering if anyone knew anything about that or had a scan or something haha
#11 Posted by blkson (788 posts) - - Show Bio

@superduper13: I think the freddy widmer mess is made up. I haven't found anything even suggests that he has a real name.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.