Follow

Bloodshot

Character » Bloodshot appears in 367 issues.

Bloodshot is a former soldier with powers of regeneration, technomancy and meta-morphing made possible through nanites injected into his blood. After escaping from his masters at Project Rising Spirit, Bloodshot seeks to discover his true identity and other purpose besides killing.

My favorite thing about Bloodshot

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
    deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Bloodshot is undoubtably one of the only trained killers in comics I can really feel for, given his past. His memory was twisted and he never knew who his real family was, if he ever had one. He went through the most traumatic experience and it was all because he was being used as a means to end lives. Quite a sad story when you think about it.

What's your favorite thing about Bloodshot?

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 55

#2  Edited By Extremis

@i_like_swords:

I'd also have to say the draw with Bloodshot for me is how sympathetic he is. Yes he's done terrible things, but he's been used and disoriented into thinking he's saving people he loves by doing it. Then when he returns from his missions Project Rising Spirit mind wipes him, sets his bones and repeats the process all over again. How can you not feel for a man who, upon being freed from said agency, learns that all the people he's ever "known" and loved never existed. Your family, friends, children or parents were all fabricated memories implanted into your mind. Even worse for Bloodshot as he has so many different memories of different lives its like losing your family a dozen times over. I think it'll be interesting to see how they address that though these memories aren't originally his, they still existed in his mind, and because of this, are still real in that they existed to him. This sort of raises the philosophical notion of what is real? If 'real' is things you can sense and store as memory in the brain, and knowing that the brain is essentially an organic computer for which we store and process information, doesn't that mean that Bloodshot's memories are just as 'real' as ours, even thoguh he's never physically experienced them? Anyway, I digress.

The #0 issue comes out in August, and I highly recommend everyone pick it up as Matt Kindt is writing it and the preview looks stellar. We can expect to get some answers as to where these memories came from (it appears to be Project Rising Spirit extracted memories from dead soldiers and implanted them into Bloodshot so as to give him somewhat of a conscience so as to carry out missions more discretely). It's also going to be a great jumpin on point for new readers as well.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 15

#3  Edited By daredevil21134

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.