Bloodshot Discussion thread

#1 Edited by k4tzm4n (45537 posts) - - Show Bio

Valiant's first issue of Bloodshot is now out. Who read it and what did you think?

Personally, I loved it and I'm excited for more.

Staff Online
#2 Posted by _Zombie_ (10445 posts) - - Show Bio

Stumbled upon the character by accident. I might look into it.

#3 Posted by k4tzm4n (45537 posts) - - Show Bio

@ZombieBigfoot: Sweet. Issue 1 just came out so catching up shouldn't prove difficult.

Staff Online
#4 Edited by _Zombie_ (10445 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n: I'll keep it in mind. Hoping to go to the store soon, so I might pick it up. That art alone has me nearly sold.

#5 Posted by k4tzm4n (45537 posts) - - Show Bio
Staff Online
#6 Posted by _Zombie_ (10445 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n: Yep, that's good too.

#7 Posted by Duke_Nasty (1017 posts) - - Show Bio

Im gonna pick up #1 but I have no room for $3.99 titles on my list.

#8 Posted by cuddles666 (310 posts) - - Show Bio

I've never read anything with the character before (or really anything else from Valiant), but I had a great time. The character kind of struck me as a cross between the Punisher and Jason Bourne, only with more powers. Definitely checking out issue two!

#9 Posted by k4tzm4n (45537 posts) - - Show Bio

@cuddles666: Same here. I have 0 previous experience with the Valiant characters but I think they're doing a phenomenal job so far with X-O Manowar and made a great first impression with Bloodshot.

Staff Online
#10 Posted by k4tzm4n (45537 posts) - - Show Bio

@Duke_Nasty said:

Im gonna pick up #1 but I have no room for $3.99 titles on my list.

Understandable. I'm also on a pretty limited budget, but I've made room for $3.99 titles by eliminating a lot of $2.99 titles that I felt were just okay.

Staff Online
#11 Posted by cascadeking09 (6761 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n: I really wanted to start reading about him from the start but it's hard to find from his original series. How much have you read about him?

#12 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33620 posts) - - Show Bio

all the new Valiant stuff is good

#13 Posted by k4tzm4n (45537 posts) - - Show Bio
@cascadeking09 said:

@k4tzm4n: I really wanted to start reading about him from the start but it's hard to find from his original series. How much have you read about him?

I have no reading experience with Valiant prior to these new titles.  They are incredibly new reader friendly.
Staff Online
#14 Posted by cascadeking09 (6761 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n: Gotta start somewhere I guess

#15 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33620 posts) - - Show Bio

Anybody else checking it?

#16 Posted by NewComicGuy (130 posts) - - Show Bio

I've been reading it and loving it as you can tell by my avatar. He does remind me a bit of The Punisher with more powers as someone said above. The action in this comic is second to none and it's got a nice story rolling along with the Project: Rising Sun storyline going.

#17 Edited by i_like_swords (14964 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n: It's been one year since you made this thread. Thoughts on Bloodshot after all this time?

Also, are you picking up HARD Corps?

And also, I'd like to know what you made of his early issues, with his memory being tampered with and the trauma he went through. Was that a unique element to add to the character for you?

For me it was one of the most important parts of everything that is Bloodshot. Without that part of his history he'd be another gun for hire with a healing factor.

Also, thoughts on the nanite tech?

(I'm partly posting this because of a thread experiment, but I'd still like to hear your thoughts ;p)

Online
#18 Posted by Extremis (3350 posts) - - Show Bio

@i_like_swords: he talk to me too haha

Us Bloodshot readers have to stick together. There's not many of them on this forum.

Bloodshot has become my new favorite character, so yes, I will certainly be buying Bloodshot & H.A.R.D. Corps. I'm super pumped for it as the HC was awesome in Harbinger Wars. I think this team up is very fitting. But right now I'm most excited for Bloodshot Zero. Seeing the creation of my favorite nanite infused hero is sure to be a bloody good time (emphasis on the bloody part). Plus it will answer some questions and open up new doors of possibilities I'm sure. Not to mention some of Valiant's best issues have been the zero issues - I.e. Shadowman and Harbinger - and when talking about the premiere quality comic company these days, from top to bottom, that's really saying something. But yeah, Valiant's zero issues are masterpieces. So don't miss out.

#19 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33620 posts) - - Show Bio

@extremis said:

@i_like_swords: he talk to me too haha

Us Bloodshot readers have to stick together. There's not many of them on this forum.

Bloodshot has become my new favorite character, so yes, I will certainly be buying Bloodshot & H.A.R.D. Corps. I'm super pumped for it as the HC was awesome in Harbinger Wars. I think this team up is very fitting. But right now I'm most excited for Bloodshot Zero. Seeing the creation of my favorite nanite infused hero is sure to be a bloody good time (emphasis on the bloody part). Plus it will answer some questions and open up new doors of possibilities I'm sure. Not to mention some of Valiant's best issues have been the zero issues - I.e. Shadowman and Harbinger - and when talking about the premiere quality comic company these days, from top to bottom, that's really saying something. But yeah, Valiant's zero issues are masterpieces. So don't miss out.

I'm slightly worried with Bloodshot getting a new writer and being renamed Bloodshot & H.A.R.D Corps, I mean when you think about it totally makes sense so hopefully it's just as good

#20 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33620 posts) - - Show Bio

Hopefully Bloodshot will still be great after the change

#21 Posted by photowill404 (105 posts) - - Show Bio

i recently caught up on bloodshot and the harbinger wars and i must say i was quite impressed with the book. its written very well, the art could be better at times but its overall a great book. I am interested to see how the H.A.R.D. Corps are going to rescue from Harda and also wanna know if Bloodshot is going to be mindf$%ked by Project Rising Spirit again. interesting times ahead.

#22 Posted by MonsterStomp (18213 posts) - - Show Bio

I know I'm late to the series, but the first 10 issues I bought are just mind blowing. This guy is a true badass. He's like Deadpool without the cheese.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.