No recent wiki edits to this page.
Back in the boom years the only way to make Annuals relevant was to run a company-wide crossover with deep implications for the rest of the universe for the coming year. These crossovers were very much hit or miss with the comic book fans and the Bloodlines series has long been consigned to the bargain bins.
The series ran through all 23 of DC's annuals that year and was bookended by a two-part special called Bloodbath.
The parasites came to earth to feed, but it turned out that their bite would sometimes trigger the latent superpowers of their victims.
This event has the unique honour of being the only big DC cross-title event to star the second Batman, Jean-Paul Valley.
Very few of the heroes created during this spawning period managed to last beyond the miniseries. One major exception was Hitman who first appeared in the Demon Annual before going on to have his own 60 issue series written by Garth Ennis.
The Annuals covered the three waves of the alien attack:
- ''Superman: The Man of Steel Annual #2''
- ''Batman: Shadow of The Bat Annual #1''
- ''Green Lantern Annual #2''
- ''Justice League International Annual #4''
- ''Action Comics Annual #5''
- ''Legion of Super-Heroes Annual #4''
- ''Green Arrow Annual #6''
- ''Detective Comics Annual #6''
- ''Justice League America Annual #7''
- ''Adventures of Superman Annual #5''
- ''Deathstroke Annual #2''
- ''Batman: Legends of The Dark Knight Annual #3''
- ''Team Titans Annual #1''
- ''L.E.G.I.O.N. Annual #4''
The New Bloods
The heroes who were introduced:
- Superman: The Man of Steel Annual #2 - Edge
- New Titans Annual #9 - Anima