Blob

#1 Posted by brainiac 1.0 (4150 posts) - - Show Bio

Who can kill the blob, move the blob or even pierce his skin.

For this you can only use power characters that use brute strength hulk superman and etc

#2 Posted by Darkchild (40624 posts) - - Show Bio

hulk could easily move the Blob you jus got to break his concentration and i think a 6 foot however many hundreds of pounds Hulk is would be a bit of a distraction coming at you

#3 Posted by Ebony Bishop (767 posts) - - Show Bio

I assume you mean back when he had powers, right? He lost them on M-Day.

My favourite was from Fall of the Mutants (I don't have the scan, sorry), where he sits on Wolverine. Half the issue goes by with a big X-Men/Freedom Force fight, and then Blob laughs that he can feel Wolverine wriggling around. Then he shoots up into the air, and the panel shows a close up of Wolverine with popped claws and a smirk on his face.

#4 Posted by Darkchild (40624 posts) - - Show Bio

Ebony Bishop says:

"I assume you mean back when he had powers, right? He lost them on M-Day.My favourite was from Fall of the Mutants (I don't have the scan, sorry), where he sits on Wolverine. Half the issue goes by with a big X-Men/Freedom Force fight, and then Blob laughs that he can feel Wolverine wriggling around. Then he shoots up into the air, and the panel shows a close up of Wolverine with popped claws and a smirk on his face."

yeah i meant when he had powers

and damn man u made me remember that issue had me rolling after reading that panel with Wolverine with the smirk

#5 Posted by Obi Wan Kenobi! (27638 posts) - - Show Bio

i could be mistaken but I THINK i heard the Molly Hayes (Runaways) was able to move him...

#6 Posted by the creator (8561 posts) - - Show Bio

This is a quote taken from an older marvel handbook describing the blobs powers,

"Known Superhuman Powers: The Blob's mutant powers relate to the mass, strength, resilience and indestructibility of his obese body. His primary ability is to become virtually immovable at will as long as he is in contact with the ground. He does this by bonding himself to the earth beneath him by force or will, which in effect creates a monodirectional increase of gravity beneath him. This gravity field extends about five feet in radius from his center of balance. Thus if there is sufficient power to uproot him, it would take the ground beneath his feet in an area corresponding to the radius of the field. Through intense concentration, the Blob is able to extend the gravity field beneath him farther than five feet.

The Blob's body has several unusual properties in itself. The first is its superhuman resistance to injury. The fat tissues that comprise the Blob's epidermis are able to absorb the impact of rifle bullets, cannonballs, bazooka, and even torpedoes. The larger of these projectiles recoil from his body at one half the force of impact. The smaller one imbed themselves in his layers of fat tissue, enabling him to eject them by merely flexing his muscles. The Blob's nerve endings do not relay any tactile perception to his brain which are near the threshold of pain. The fat tissue of his epidermis is resilient enough to revert to its normal shape within second after deformation caused by impact. It is virtually impervious to physical injury. The Blob's skin cannot be punctured, lacerated, frostbitten, or ravaged by any skin disease, due in part to the skin's greatest elasticity and toughness and in part to the highly accelerated rate at which his skin cells grow and replace themselves. His skin is somewhat less resistant to burning.

It is not yet known if there is an upper limit to the Blob's ability to absorb impact. While he could easily survive a head-on collision with a bus traveling at a hundred miles per hour, even a highly ferrous meteorite fifty feet in diameter on top of him at terminal velocity, it is not known whether he could survive a collision with an object traveling at near light speed. Further, it is not known whether his skin's imperviousness to heat could survive the 11,000,000-degree heat at ground zero of a multi-megaton atomic blast.

Special Limitations: Eyes, ears, nose, and mouth are not as resistant to injury as the rest of his body."

We have seen an angry Hulk uproot the Blob even when the Blob was concentrating on not moving. The effect of this was that 2 big chunks of earth were pulled up with him as his extended gravity field locked the earth to him.

Therefore any being of sufficient strength to an angry hulk (who was nowhere near WWH levels) can uproot Blob if he is not standing on anything more durable than earth.

If the Blob was standing on a far more durable substance, like steel or even an adamantium alloy, the person trying to move Blob would have to overcome the strength of the underlying material as well. Therefore, we may not have seen the Blob at his most unmovable as he has not been tackled while standing on the most durable of substances, Adamantium.

As for piercing the Blobs skin, virtually no amount of blunt force truama can do it, as mentioned above. If the Hulk where to use say Wolverines claws then the amount of applied force per unit area would be so high that this would likely pirce the Blobs skin but Wolverines strength alone would not be enough to pull off this feat.

When the Blob jumped off Wolverine as mentioned in a previous posting, it was more likely that the Blobs weight sitting on Wolverines claws was enough to impart sufficient force to breach the Blobs pain threshold and theus make him cry out and get off Wolverine.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.