Follow

Blink

Character » Blink appears in 751 issues.

Blink is a purple-skinned mutant with the power to teleport. Her "Age of Apocalypse" counterpart was the popular member and leader of the Exiles.

Who Else Wants to See Her in the 616?

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#1  Edited By Mercy_

I adore Exiles and AoA Blink is one of my favorite characters.  

Is there anybody else who would like to see her brought to the 616? She has had contact with 616 characters before in Unnatural Instincts, but I'd love to see her brought in permanently. 

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Mercy_

Nobody? :P

Donnieman v5.1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Donnieman v5.1
    @The Dark Huntress: Personally, I'm not sure. Depends on if it's done well. The way things turn out sometimes these days, you never know.
    CellphoneGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By CellphoneGirl

I'd love to! :D Blink is amazing. 

and maybe the two Blinks can fight each other :P

Precise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Precise

Yup, simply because she's awesome and i want to see more from her. Or they have to make an epic Exiles series again (i prefer that actually :p)

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By SC  Moderator

*Scratches head* 

You know, I swear I had seen this thread before, and already posted on it. A huge yes, and bring Nocturne and Morph over as well. Well,especially Nocturne, Morph I am impartial too. Also, I would not mind if the 616 would just become a sort of base or headquarters for an Exiles team, which meant they could still travel to other realities, but they would have the added bonus of interacting with normal 616 characters we all appreciate and care for, and be involved in cross overs, and hopefully pick up more fans that way too, and this would allow other characters that don't usually have teams, or get used, to go on one or two missions with the Exiles team, but at the end of the day they would be returning back to 616. 

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Mercy_
    @SC: I'm having deja vu reading your post. I've read it before. It feels very familiar...did we talk about this in a PM at one point?
    PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By PowerHerc

I'm indifferent.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @The Dark Huntress:  No, I am fairly certain we have not. I get what you mean though, since I am sure that I have written down my desire to see Blink in 616 Universe, because of the benefits it would mean, but I also wanted Nocturne and I remember mentioning Nocturne, but I like the idea of reality travel, and revisiting events in Marvel history and playing around with them, like evil Surfer, and planet where Skrulls won, and so on, so I don't want to lose that part of Exiles, plus they need something to distinguish themselves. I even checked the other Blink threads, since maybe I wrote them down in there randomly lol but nothing... 

Hmmm, one of your favorite characters is Emma Frost... *is worried now, you have been reading my thoughts with telepathy*  

No, my mind is usually, really constantly filled with the constant notion that X-Men should build giant robots that would merge into a Voltron style robot, that would stand on Sentinels like bugs, and yes I am very ashamed of that. >.>
    Precise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Precise

And while we're at it, I want Earth-12 Mimic back >_>

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @Precise said:
    " And while we're at it, I want Earth-12 Mimic back >_> "
    Hah, agreed. That was sad. He was really interesting. I will always love his fight with Captain America and then later Namor. Exiles fans we should put a list together of all the cool moments that they had. 
    Precise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Precise
    @SC said:
    " @Precise said:
    Hah, agreed. That was sad. He was really interesting. I will always love his fight with Captain America and then later Namor. Exiles fans we should put a list together of all the cool moments that they had.  "
    Thunderbird should also come back! Technically he didn't die... his body completely healed so his mind could've healed...
    Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Mercy_
    @Precise said:
    " @SC said:
    " @Precise said:
    Hah, agreed. That was sad. He was really interesting. I will always love his fight with Captain America and then later Namor. Exiles fans we should put a list together of all the cool moments that they had.  "
    Thunderbird should also come back! Technically he didn't die... his body completely healed so his mind could've healed... "
    Agreeeeeeeeeeed. 
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @Precise: @The Dark Huntress:  

Uh he is back isn't he? Wasn't he in the last issue of Exiles all healed up and happy with his own team? We just need Exiles back to have him back, I am sure... or I am started to blur fan fiction with reality again lol
    Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Mercy_
    @SC: I'm not current with Exiles. I've been collecting the Ultimate Trades. 
    Precise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Precise
    @SC:  Is he? o_O I have only read one issue of the new exiles.
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @The Dark Huntress: @Precise:  

I am not sure, I remember... reading about it on wikipedia. They said he had come back as a female character imbued with the Phoenix after time traveling with Cable? You know what? It was probably a lie? You know how wiki is right? In fact, uh... I am pretty sure i just got him confused with Hope. Or Warpath? I am a bit racist like that? Warpath and Thunderbird sound so similar I mean, its like they are brothers or something, so yeah, just uh... forget what I said. You are feeling lightheaded. *waves hand* forget... forget...  

Oh, double reply function? Neat... Didn't realize I could do that. *Awkwardly leaves with head down after feeling bad about possibly spoiling a comic*
    Precise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Precise
    @SC:  I'm pretty sure that's Hope :p
    Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Mercy_
    @Precise
    @SC:  I'm pretty sure that's Hope :p
    It was. :P
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By SC  Moderator

kay, okay, I thought about this some more? Erm, have either of you read Die By the Sword? It was released in 2007. Exiles and Excalibur crossover?

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#21  Edited By xerox_kitty

She's had so many years of continuity and adventures.  She's had her turn ;)  I still want Earth-616 Blink to return from nowhere and develop more.

AskaniSon295

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By AskaniSon295

I Liked her appearance in X-men: to Serve and Protect would love to see her with Nate Grey on some kind of new dark X-men team or something They could even include 616 Mimic if he's not dead or Changeling would love to see a 616 version of the old Exile team.

lorex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#23  Edited By lorex

I would love to see AOA blink in the 616 universe and confront the other Blink and see where that goes.

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By xerox_kitty

We've already had a hint at Nate Grey's appearance in New Mutants... Blink wont be far behind.

New Mutants Promo
    New Mutants Promo
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#25  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Only if she gets a new costume.That little elf get up it's going to work.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Mercy_

@AskaniSon295 said:

I Liked her appearance in X-men: to Serve and Protect would love to see her with Nate Grey on some kind of new dark X-men team or something They could even include 616 Mimic if he's not dead or Changeling would love to see a 616 version of the old Exile team.

I was talking about AoA Blink in the 616 universe.

@xerox-kitty: Nice!

CATPANEXE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By CATPANEXE

I vote yes 150%! And I don't see a reason why not either. She was a good enough character to support her own series, spin off into Exiles for years, and warrant a fanvoted action figure.
    Characters from other realities joining into 616 is nothing new either, and as SC pointed out she's already been introduced to everyone in Die By The Sword.
    And i also want her to fight that watered down 616 Blink and show her who's superior (and the better dresser!)

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By xerox_kitty

I wonder if Marvel would dare have a Blink meets Blink story?

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Mercy_

@xerox-kitty said:

I wonder if Marvel would dare have a Blink meets Blink story?

We can only hope. I'd actually love to see that.

She's been in 616 on at least two occasions, so it's not out of the realm of possibility, either.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Mercy_

They've said that at least one person is coming back with X-Force from AoA....

ragdollpurps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#31  Edited By ragdollpurps
    @The Dark Huntress said:
    They've said that at least one person is coming back with X-Force from AoA....
    They've yet to show her in UXF though and she wasn't in the preview-able pages for the next issue. I would like to see at least one version of her though. :[
    pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#32  Edited By pixelized

I wouldn't, battles would be so one sided with her teleporting limbs/people out of the fight.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Mercy_
    @pixelized said:

teleporting limbs out of the fight.

O_o the only time she ever did something akin to that was when she was under mind control.  

And couldn't the same argument be made for any version of Nightcrawler? He doesn't have the same offensive teleportation abilities that Blink does, but he's completely capable of BFRing people. 
    pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#34  Edited By pixelized

@The Dark Huntress: Nightcrawler had his physiology as well. His supreme athleticism was often showcased, and his porting ability was gimped by him having to have had seen a space before he could teleport to it. Blink doesn't have that same limitation.

Illyana BFRs all the time.

Part of that lack of boundary is why we don't see Loa used more, the second she uses her abilities, it's instant death for someone.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Mercy_
    @pixelized: Good points >__<
    Avatar image for deactivated-5c97835f97617
    deactivated-5c97835f97617

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

They should have all the Exiles from the most recent mini-series become stuck in the 616 timeline, kill off a few members (Beast, Forge and Polaris), when they mange to escape again Blink (AoA) swaps places with Blink (616), Morph takes over as leader and Panther stays behind on Utopia with his "mother", Scarlet Witch turns traitor and is killed and the remaining members leave and find themselves in Mimic's timeline where they discover a reality jumping trio of Selene, Eli Bard and Mortis are going from universe to universe creating an army of undead among which are Mimic, Thunderbird and Magnus the Exiles are aided by Magik and Warlock who help them bring back their former teamates (the same way Cyper was brought back) then they killed Selene and Eli whilst the X-Men take Mortis to their holding cells. They then stop of to pick up Nocturne before carring on their adventures.

That would keep fans happy I think, as long as they didn't let Blink (AoA) slowly fade in to 616 obscurity

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.