Follow

Blink

Character » Blink appears in 751 issues.

Blink is a purple-skinned mutant with the power to teleport. Her "Age of Apocalypse" counterpart was the popular member and leader of the Exiles.

Fan Bingbing will Play Blink in Singers X-Men DOFP

ClutchWarfare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ClutchWarfare

Great News

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

#2  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

who now?

ClutchWarfare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ClutchWarfare
    ClutchWarfare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ClutchWarfare

From Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon.

*Correction: She is in negotiations to star in the sequel of Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon -Deadline.com

Baddamdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5  Edited By Baddamdog

What's the source confirming her role as Blink?

ClutchWarfare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ClutchWarfare

Deadline: http://www.deadline.com/2013/03/bryan-singer-adds-fan-bingbing-to-play-blink-in-x-men-pic/#utm_source=dlvr.it&utm;_medium=twitter

shackle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By shackle

@ClutchWarfare said:

From Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon.

no

ClutchWarfare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ClutchWarfare

@shackle: Good catch, Deadine reportes that "She is also in negotiations to star in the sequel of Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon". She was not in the original, my bad.

Avatar image for fallen_crippled
    Fallen_Crippled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Fallen_Crippled

Very nice. I have always liked Blink. She is underrated.

ultimatekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ultimatekey

I thought that this was confusing because Blink is from the Bahamas, so shouldn't she be portrayed as Caribbean or black? Unless in the movie she is seen as a Japanese girl from the Bahamas. I mean its cool that she is played by a Japanese actress, that makes it more interesting and unique, but it was kind of confusing when I first read it. But oh well, that is Hollywood for ya.

Avatar image for thestepfordcuckoos
    thestepfordcuckoos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ultimatekey: Correction, Fan BingBing is Chinese. And I thought that if Blink every appears on live-action scene she would be played as someone of Afro-Caribbean descent too. I could have seen her being played by Rihanna who is would have looked great with nice bob and lavender hair/skin. But still I like both the actress and the characters, though I wish her skin was a bit more lavender. I hope they use her and her powers to full effect in the movie because I hate how some characters powers/skills are left on the floor when that skills of power could have been used to great effect.

captainmega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been coming to this site for years now, but never thought to post until I saw this thread, which I found interesting. It got me thinking. Blink is my favorite character. I own and have read every one of her appearances. And I had never thought of her as anything but white.... um, Pink/Caucasian.

First - In the flash back issues, her ancestor Fredrick Slade appeared Caucasian even with his pink hair. I guess its possible he was Egyptian(been awhile since I read it) but the name Fredrick Slade sounds euro. Then her other descendant, Mrs. Ferguson, was white also.

Second - The Bahamas are 12% white according to wiki. That's a pretty big number considering. And I've only heard the Bahamas referenced for AoA Blink. Its all possible 616 Blink was somewhere else. Though thats a bit murky.

Third - Ferguson. You don't get much whiter than that! It's Irish, right?

But all that being said, I think Bingbing is an amazing choice. Sure she is Chinese, but look at her. Even without make-up she has such a pixie or elf-like appearance. With all the makeup, contacts, and ears, she just looks like a mutant with unique heritage. The only thing that worries me is she has a very thick accent. So I fear her character is going to be very limited or have almost no dialogue.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.