Follow

Bleez

Character » Bleez appears in 194 issues.

A native of the planet Havania, Bleez had a nearly ideal life, except that she had to contend with a number of unwanted suitors when all she wanted was a peaceful life of freedom. One of these suitors was a Sinestro Corpsman, and he killed her mother and tried to enslave her. A red power ring came to her then, and she killed him and became a Red Lantern. As he did with all his lanterns though, Atrocitus robbed Bleez of her intelligence. She has since regained it though, and now peruses her own ends.

Her Wings

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 43

Edited By Joygirl

So, it's been debated a few times that Bleez's wings may or may not be constructs. Not extensively, because I care about Bleez more than any other living human, apparently. I am here, however, to prove that....

They're constructs.

First off, here is Bleez. Little bitty fluffy Bleez, with her feathery angel wings.

Those are, essentially, "bird wings". Agree? Well then.

This is what the skeleton of a bird's wing looks like:

None of these examples, however, are what Bleez's skeletal wings look like:

These wings are clearly skeletal bat wings, meaning they are of her own design. Meaning that she created them.

"But Bleez can't make constructs!" you exclaim.

Yes she can.

"I'm still not convinced! I irrationally believe that those are still her natural wings!"

I rest my case.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By John Valentine

Her real wings were torn off by her Yellow Lantern captor as shown in Blackest Night Tales of the Corps #2.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Joygirl

@John Valentine: It actually wasn't shown in TotC2, which is why the inconsistency arose. They were crushed with a hardlight turny-thing. In the reboot, or after she received the ring, they must have been removed.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By John Valentine

@Joygirl said:

@John Valentine: It actually wasn't shown in TotC2, which is why the inconsistency arose. They were crushed with a hardlight turny-thing. In the reboot, or after she received the ring, they must have been removed.

Yeah, you're right. Just read the issue. Her captor clearly damages her wings, but they're not torn off.

I always assumed the ring just modified them or regrew them for her. How is it different in the reboot? Where are her rings mentioned?

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Joygirl

@John Valentine said:

@Joygirl said:

Yeah, you're right. Just read the issue. Her captor clearly damages her wings, but they're not torn off.

I always assumed the ring just modified them or regrew them for her. How is it different in the reboot? Where are her rings mentioned?

I couldn't be buggered to skim through the issues and see where her backstory is rehashed, since it's almost exactly the same. But the scan I posted above of her and Fatality clearly says "they tore my wings off" so I'll take her word for it.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By John Valentine

@Joygirl said:

@John Valentine said:

@Joygirl said:

I couldn't be buggered to skim through the issues and see where her backstory is rehashed, since it's almost exactly the same. But the scan I posted above of her and Fatality clearly says "they tore my wings off" so I'll take her word for it.

Okay, then if this is the clearest mention in New 52, it seems to indicate that a) the ring regrew them in skeletal form b) they're hard light constructs.

That said, they don't exactly look like hard light constructs, do they? I mean, they're always present? Even before she was as aware as she is now. Could she make hard light constructs when she was all feral?

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Joygirl

@John Valentine: The scan I showed of her spitting up the construct was pre-blood dip. So yeah. All of her best feats were in Emerald Warriors.

They don't look like constructs but they kinda have to be, even if I have seen them remain when she is unconscious. So either they are the best construct ever, regrown in a randomly different style by the ring, or DC fails hard at wing anatomy and has no idea what they want.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

#7  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

@Joygirl said:

@John Valentine: The scan I showed of her spitting up the construct was pre-blood dip. So yeah. All of her best feats were in Emerald Warriors.

They don't look like constructs but they kinda have to be, even if I have seen them remain when she is unconscious. So either they are the best construct ever, regrown in a randomly different style by the ring, or DC fails hard at wing anatomy and has no idea what they want.

probably this

akbogert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 31

#8  Edited By akbogert

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

@Joygirl said:

probably this

Yeah, that wouldn't surprise me in the least.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Joygirl

Bump

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By SC  Moderator

I can't see the images, but I love drawing birds and angels and etc I think its just an artist thing. Angel in X-Men can be similar - oh but some artists are better than others. DC and Marvel should release an anatomy bible for its artists. I am sort of curious what Galactus skeleton looks like now...

Kal'smahboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By Kal'smahboi
    @Joygirl: To be fair, she didn't have bird wings, she had alien lady-bird wings. Who's to say what the skeletal structure looks like?
    danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By danhimself

I don't think they're constructs considering that Rankorr is the only Red Lantern capable of making constructs at the moment....Bleez even tried to get him to teach her how he makes them in the last issue of Red Lanterns

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Joygirl

@danhimself: Yeah I wrote this before reading that. Which means her wings are just nonsense.

My feelings on 16, btw, are here: http://www.comicvine.com/red-lantern-corps/65-50747/time-for-a-new-writer/92-747334/#16

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By danhimself

@Joygirl: lol I read your blog after reading this one....I don't feel nearly the same as you about the title...while I don't feel it's great I also don't feel that it's terrible....I do love the art though

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.