Will there ever be a better Blade then Wesley?

• 88 results
#51 Edited by deaditegonzo (3686 posts) - - Show Bio

@jojjimbo: That is another one of the characters I could see casting him for.

Man, why is everybody casting Americans? Blade is English.

Because I dont particularly care about nationality. Superman is the most American hero there is, and his nationality plays a bigger role in his background then the majority of characters, but Henry did an incredible job playing him.

#52 Posted by Blood_Red_Rage (508 posts) - - Show Bio

Wesley Snipes' Blade made the character more likable and cool then the comics had before hand. Yes it was partially the writers and director but Snipes was the actor and brought a bad ass attitude to the character. It is possible of course but very hard to top.

#53 Posted by nick_hero22 (6805 posts) - - Show Bio

No such thing!!!!!!!!!!!!

#54 Edited by jojjimbo (2472 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous said:

Well i cant speak for everyone else, but... the first time i was introduce to Blade was way back in the 1994 Spider-man cartoons, in which he(Blade) had no British accent, which led me to believe that he was American. it wasn't till after the movies i found out that he was of British nationality. and by then i just got use to him being an American.

#55 Edited by russellmania77 (14820 posts) - - Show Bio
#56 Posted by lykopis (10753 posts) - - Show Bio

Wesley Snipes' Blade made the character more likable and cool then the comics had before hand. Yes it was partially the writers and director but Snipes was the actor and brought a bad ass attitude to the character. It is possible of course but very hard to top.

Pretty much this.

#57 Edited by JediXMan (30179 posts) - - Show Bio

@jedixman said:

I hope Marvel reboots it... as long as they maintain the R rating. Just like how a Ghost Rider movie should be R.

Who cares about the rating? It could be an awesome movie at PG-13.

Wouldn't be accurate. If we want a Blade movie that is true to the character, it's R.

#58 Posted by Dragonborn_CT (21603 posts) - - Show Bio

@jedixman said:

@spideyivydaredevilfan26 said:

@jedixman said:

I hope Marvel reboots it... as long as they maintain the R rating. Just like how a Ghost Rider movie should be R.

Who cares about the rating? It could be an awesome movie at PG-13.

Wouldn't be accurate. If we want a Blade movie that is true to the character, it's R.

It would only make sense. The previous Blade movies were rated R as well.

#59 Posted by Mega_spidey01 (3078 posts) - - Show Bio

i oyewlo as blade? he was good in red tails & paperboy, plan. he should be in a marvel or DC movie. i want him to play black panther.

#60 Posted by jojjimbo (2472 posts) - - Show Bio

@lykopis said:

@blood_red_rage said:

Pretty much this.

Agreed.

#61 Posted by CyberWarrior (1515 posts) - - Show Bio

@jedixman said:

@god_spawn:

I hate that version of Blade. I couldn't stand how he looked.

...what is that on his head?

#62 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32993 posts) - - Show Bio

@jojjimbo: That is another one of the characters I could see casting him for.

@jonny_anonymous said:

Because I dont particularly care about nationality. Superman is the most American hero there is, and his nationality plays a bigger role in his background then the majority of characters, but Henry did an incredible job playing him.

Yea but all of the actors suggested so far couldn't do an English accent to save them selves

#63 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

How about Eamonn Walker? Or is he too old?

#64 Posted by God_Spawn (37560 posts) - - Show Bio
#65 Posted by laflux (14940 posts) - - Show Bio

@cyberwarrior: ...Hair. Or microsoft paint...I'll never tell.

I was told they make those who "enhance" scans take oaths.........

What was yours?

#66 Posted by MysteriousUsername (1210 posts) - - Show Bio

Someone who doesn't spend most of their time making the latest Blade movie getting high and annoying the director by doing so would be a good choice.

#67 Posted by KenLeo101 (213 posts) - - Show Bio

no one

#68 Posted by kgb725 (6440 posts) - - Show Bio

Wesley had two out of three good movies he didn't ruin it but they could cast Michael b Jordan. I loved him in Chronicle

#69 Posted by CyberWarrior (1515 posts) - - Show Bio
#70 Posted by CyberWarrior (1515 posts) - - Show Bio

@kgb725 said:

Wesley had two out of three good movies he didn't ruin it but they could cast Michael b Jordan. I loved him in Chronicle

Eeeeeah, he's so charismatic and talented...

#71 Posted by anthonygiu (65 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson could be a good Luke Cage

But that's just me anyways.

#72 Posted by jojjimbo (2472 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson could be a good Luke Cage

But that's just me anyways.

I don't know... i want a good actor to play Luke, the Rock would not be my first choice.

#73 Posted by Dayvid3 (807 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know much about acting, but Blade doesn't seem like a very deep character on screen. He's mad, angry impatient, vengeful, mad. Doesn't seem like it takes a whole mess of acting skill, that and the physical moves

#74 Edited by CyberWarrior (1515 posts) - - Show Bio

@kgb725 said:

Eeeeeah, he's so charismatic and talented...

Nobody actually got the point...

#75 Posted by Guardiandevil83 (5491 posts) - - Show Bio
#76 Edited by Bruxae (13071 posts) - - Show Bio

No.

#77 Posted by Spideysense44 (3348 posts) - - Show Bio

Idris Elba shold play blade... Chadwick boseman should play BP bc he needs to be young and the rock or terry cruz should play luke cage ..michael jai white is already playing bronze tiger on the show "Arrow"...end of discussion

#78 Posted by jojjimbo (2472 posts) - - Show Bio

@spideysense44: The question was brought up, should Blade be British or America?

#79 Posted by Spideysense44 (3348 posts) - - Show Bio

@jojjimbo:

lol watever idris is is what he should be i think he is english tho pretti sure

#80 Posted by SonOfHellstorm (230 posts) - - Show Bio

@oscuro "Blade is portrayed as more stoic in the films anyway"

Blade was pretty stoic in the Nightstalkers series. The only emotion i saw was in the final issue, when he finds Taj Nital as a vampire, and has to stake him. Other than that Blade was cold as ice in the whole series.

As for who should play Blade in Blade 4, i'd prefer Wesley Snipes. But if he won't do it, then Michael Jai White might fit.

#81 Posted by Oscuro (882 posts) - - Show Bio

@sonofhellstorm: I'm not saying he wasn't. I mean that if he wasn't the main character in the film he may not have spoken at all lol

#82 Edited by SonOfHellstorm (230 posts) - - Show Bio

@oscuro

Yeah, but when he did have dialog, he nailed it. I thought Snipes portrayed Blade's personality very well. Blade is a man of action, not of words. He is driven by hate and his desire for revenge, much like the Punisher. Besides he had Whistler and Hannibal King for dialog. Hollywood originally wanted to make a spoof out of Blade. Snipes would not let them. He would only play Blade, if they did a "real" portrayal of the character. He was a fan of Blade since his youth.

#83 Posted by SonOfHellstorm (230 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous

So what? Half the main cast of the Walking Dead are British. They are playing southern Americans, and are doing their accents very well.

#84 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32993 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous

So what? Half the main cast of the Walking Dead are British. They are playing southern Americans, and are doing their accents very well.

Yea and none of the actors mentioned so far could do an English accent to save themselves

#85 Posted by SonOfHellstorm (230 posts) - - Show Bio

@sonofhellstorm said:

@jonny_anonymous

Yea and none of the actors mentioned so far could do an English accent to save themselves

How hard could it be? Lindsay Lohan nailed it when she was 11 years old, and she sucks as an actress. If they can't get Snipes, they are going to need a big name, that is recognized by the American public. Or it will fail, remember Sticky Jones? Though i enjoyed the tv series, Jones was not a very good Blade.

#86 Edited by Oscuro (882 posts) - - Show Bio

@sonofhellstorm: i agree that Snipes nailed his lines. Not a fan of the idea of Blade being British. After three films people are gonna be like wtf is this? The first film captures all you need to know about him in the first ten minutes

#87 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32993 posts) - - Show Bio

@oscuro said:

@sonofhellstorm: i agree that Snipes nailed his lines. Not a fan of the idea of Blade being British. After three films people are gonna be like wtf is this? The first film captures all you need to know about him in the first ten minutes

But Blade IS British

#88 Posted by Oscuro (882 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous: I'm well aware of that fact. Just saying that the average movie goer is gonna be confused by it unless they havent seen the other three films

#89 Edited by daredevil21134 (11322 posts) - - Show Bio

@oscuro said:

@jonny_anonymous: I'm well aware of that fact. Just saying that the average movie goer is gonna be confused by it unless they havent seen the other three films

They're probably gonna roll with his more popular incarnation

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.