Why doesn't Blade have an ongoing series right now?

#1 Posted by SystemID (446 posts) - - Show Bio

Blade is awesome.
 
Tell me WHY?!?

#2 Posted by Mainline (1129 posts) - - Show Bio

He's had a lot of appearances lately, Marvel could be trying to feel out whether a series would be viable.  Vampires, apparently, are as they're part of X-Men and Ultimate Avengers right now. 
 
I think one of the problems is that his skills and weapons are so close to Deadpool's (trading vampires for zombies in a way) that if a creator has a Blade story in them they can adapt it to the currently more bankable Deadpool relatively easily. 
 
However, I miss Blade too.

#3 Posted by daredevil21134 (12118 posts) - - Show Bio
@SystemID said:
"Blade is awesome.  Tell me WHY?!? "

There is no reason.Blade is a great charcter and could be alot more successful than Deadpool if given the right creative team but for some reason Marvel dosen't wanna push him.Moon Knight has 3 three differnt runs within 5 years
Online
#4 Posted by Jake Fury (18934 posts) - - Show Bio

He's a D-Lister that fights Vampires.
#5 Posted by brc2000 (1679 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Blade, but I guess one of the problems of the character is that he's pretty much limited to fighting vampires.

#6 Posted by SystemID (446 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jake Fury:   D-Lister?  hahaha....... no.
 
@daredevil21134 said:
" @SystemID said:
"Blade is awesome.  Tell me WHY?!? "
There is no reason.Blade is a great charcter and could be alot more successful than Deadpool if given the right creative team but for some reason Marvel dosen't wanna push him.Moon Knight has 3 three differnt runs within 5 years "

Mister.  I like the cut of your jib!
 
@brc2000 said:
" I like Blade, but I guess one of the problems of the character is that he's pretty much limited to fighting vampires. "

He's only as limited as the writers that handle him. I think with his skills and expertise he could easily be brought to the forefront in any number of ways and they don't always have to involve other vampires.
#7 Posted by daredevil21134 (12118 posts) - - Show Bio
@SystemID said:
" @Jake Fury:   D-Lister?  hahaha....... no.
 
@daredevil21134 said:
" @SystemID said:
"Blade is awesome.  Tell me WHY?!? "
There is no reason.Blade is a great charcter and could be alot more successful than Deadpool if given the right creative team but for some reason Marvel dosen't wanna push him.Moon Knight has 3 three differnt runs within 5 years "

Mister.  I like the cut of your jib!
 
@brc2000 said:
" I like Blade, but I guess one of the problems of the character is that he's pretty much limited to fighting vampires. "
He's only as limited as the writers that handle him. I think with his skills and expertise he could easily be brought to the forefront in any number of ways and they don't always have to involve other vampires. "

Thats true,He can be an enemy to anything super natural
Online
#8 Posted by THALASTDRAGON (387 posts) - - Show Bio

he could do more than just fight vampires, characters are only limited by tha creators.  hell, i'd write one lol, well u know, if i had time.  given tha right team, i would luv to see him have an ongoing.
#9 Edited by Metatron_Da_Don (1037 posts) - - Show Bio
@daredevil21134 said:

" @SystemID said:

" @Jake Fury:   D-Lister?  hahaha....... no.
 

@daredevil21134

said:
" @SystemID said:
"Blade is awesome.  Tell me WHY?!? "
There is no reason.Blade is a great charcter and could be alot more successful than Deadpool if given the right creative team but for some reason Marvel dosen't wanna push him.Moon Knight has 3 three differnt runs within 5 years "

Mister.  I like the cut of your jib!
 

@brc2000

said:
" I like Blade, but I guess one of the problems of the character is that he's pretty much limited to fighting vampires. "
He's only as limited as the writers that handle him. I think with his skills and expertise he could easily be brought to the forefront in any number of ways and they don't always have to involve other vampires. "
Thats true,He can be an enemy to anything super natural "
@THALASTDRAGON said:

" he could do more than just fight vampires, characters are only limited by tha creators.  hell, i'd write one lol, well u know, if i had time.  given tha right team, i would luv to see him have an ongoing. "

#10 Posted by brc2000 (1679 posts) - - Show Bio

Of course he CAN fight more than just vampires, but how often do you see that? Apart from the rare demon or two the range of his adversaries types is pretty thin, especially when not in a team-up.

#11 Edited by daredevil21134 (12118 posts) - - Show Bio
@brc2000 said:

"Of course he CAN fight more than just vampires, but how often do you see that? Apart from the rare demon or two the range of his adversaries types is pretty thin, especially when not in a team-up. "


He'll never fight anything unless a writer makes him
Online
#12 Posted by daredevil21134 (12118 posts) - - Show Bio

Andy Diggle and Mark Millar both expressed interest in writing Blade
Online
#13 Posted by batman_is_god (1185 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jake Fury said:
"He's a D-Lister that fights Vampires. "

When it comes to his movies though, he is bigger than most A listers 
 
I would be all about a Blade monthly
#14 Posted by daredevil21134 (12118 posts) - - Show Bio
@batman_is_god said:
"@Jake Fury said:
"He's a D-Lister that fights Vampires. "
When it comes to his movies though, he is bigger than most A listers  I would be all about a Blade monthly "

I agree....He just needs a good writer for a comic series....then he'll be bigger than most
Online
#15 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29510 posts) - - Show Bio

Twilight crossover. Epic victory.

#16 Posted by daredevil21134 (12118 posts) - - Show Bio

would be interesting
Online
#17 Posted by daredevil21134 (12118 posts) - - Show Bio

Blade needs and deserves his own series
Online
#18 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13417 posts) - - Show Bio
@InnerVenom123:

YES 
KILL ALL OF THOSE SENSITIVE SPARKLY MOTHAS!!!!!!!! 
 
 
Online
#19 Posted by daredevil21134 (12118 posts) - - Show Bio

lol
Online
#20 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13417 posts) - - Show Bio

as far as i remember Blade only wants to fight supernatural threats
Online
#21 Edited by daredevil21134 (12118 posts) - - Show Bio

And he still should.......Vampires werewolves zombies all that stuff
Online
#22 Posted by daredevil21134 (12118 posts) - - Show Bio
Online
#23 Posted by cody1984 (1279 posts) - - Show Bio


Horrible writers are the reason why.  There are some really cool characters marvel hardly ever uses like Blade and Satana and when they do they are used in retarded ways.  Marvel has a lot of cool supernatural characters and creatures yet they don't do anything with them at all and most of the time when they do you'd wish they didn't.  Biggest problem I see with characters like blade and Satana is if you want to do them justice you got to write them for young adults and not young kids.   

 


 

 


 

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.