Follow

Blade

Character » Blade appears in 744 issues.

A human-vampire hybrid with all the strengths but none of the weaknesses of a traditional vampire, Blade has dedicated his life to destroying the occult world of vampires and all who associate with them.

Whistler

G.I.Joe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By G.I.Joe

I have always held the character of Blade in high regard due to my limited knowledge (seen films,animated version of him etc but not had chance to read although really wanna!) of his character...what i wanna know is, is whistler in the Blade comics or is he a film adaptation of Quincy Harker? or none of the above...please give your thoughts!

Sovereign Son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Sovereign Son

Whistler first appeared in a spider man animated series and then in the movies, He was created by David Goyer and has never been in a comic as far as I know. His full name is Abraham Whistler after Abraham Van Hellsing!! hope that anwsers your question!

Sovereign Son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Sovereign Son

Oh and the episode was called Neogenic Nightmare series 2 episode 14. He has also appeared in flash backs in the blade live action sereis.

G.I.Joe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By G.I.Joe

Thanks loads! thats been buggin me!haha

Sovereign Son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Sovereign Son

No problem, hate when you have a question you can't answers bugs me to no end LOL.

G.I.Joe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By G.I.Joe

hahaha wanna start reading some blade now! dissappointed whistlers not in it though! he probably is one of the coolest characters ever...bloody love im! hardcore old man biker style toughguy with no powers except badassery!

Sheep-Kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 24

#7  Edited By Sheep-Kill

Yeah he is very cool.  BUt I think you will really like the Nightstalkers series.  You get an idea of where Blade really comes from and his true hate for vampires.  Makes it more interesting since one of the NIghtstalkers is a vampire, Hannibal King who was bitten by Deacon Frost.  Also teamed up with Frank Drake who is the human relative of Dracula.  BUt there are really good stories in the Nightstalker series.  I also recommend the MAX Blade comics as well as is second Solo series.  But if you wanna bo way back with Blade you might wanna read some issues of Tomb of Dracula.

Good good good stuff.
    DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By DEGRAAF

wasnt hannibal king a good guy in the movie? also he said he was bitten by a female vampire (i know that they werent quite up to the comic book stories though) I think if they said he was bitten by deacon in the movies that would have made it more interesting.

Trackz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Trackz

whistler in the comic world is probably best represented as Jamal Afari, blade's mentor when he was first starting out as a hunter.

G.I.Joe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By G.I.Joe
    Sheep-Kill said:
    "Yeah he is very cool.  BUt I think you will really like the Nightstalkers series.  You get an idea of where Blade really comes from and his true hate for vampires.  Makes it more interesting since one of the NIghtstalkers is a vampire, Hannibal King who was bitten by Deacon Frost.  Also teamed up with Frank Drake who is the human relative of Dracula.  BUt there are really good stories in the Nightstalker series.  I also recommend the MAX Blade comics as well as is second Solo series.  But if you wanna bo way back with Blade you might wanna read some issues of Tomb of Dracula.
    Good good good stuff.
    "
    Cheers for that mate! will give em a go! :)
    G.I.Joe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By G.I.Joe
    DEGRAAF said:
    "wasnt hannibal king a good guy in the movie? also he said he was bitten by a female vampire (i know that they werent quite up to the comic book stories though) I think if they said he was bitten by deacon in the movies that would have made it more interesting."

And the Deacon reference would of made it more interesting! however the hannibal king character was too goofy for me in the film, if reynolds was a bit more serious for a moment they could of fitted it in! Trackz said:
    "whistler in the comic world is probably best represented as Jamal Afari, blade's mentor when he was first starting out as a hunter."
    I thought as much, then thought Quincy Harker may of been amalgamated with Afari? ....old crippled inventor guy that kills vamps/ the guy that finds and raises blade to hunt vamps...what do people think?
    Trackz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Trackz

makes sense, however Afari seems to have been forgotten as he hasn't been mentioned at all since he was brought back from the dead

G.I.Joe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By G.I.Joe

it would seem so

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.