Wesley Snipe's Blade was terrible

• 78 results
#51 Posted by Lexj7 (135 posts) - - Show Bio

Hell no,I don't agree.Wesley Snipes is the reason why most people even know Blade exist.

#52 Posted by ChildoftheAtom (491 posts) - - Show Bio

Wesley snipes was the best blade we could get. That movie is such an underdog for comic movies of that day and it was so cool. And it kept good which is saying a lot for action flick sequels. Snipes was great

#53 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (34370 posts) - - Show Bio

Wesley snipes was the best blade we could get. That movie is such an underdog for comic movies of that day and it was so cool. And it kept good which is saying a lot for action flick sequels. Snipes was great

Except he was nothing like Blade, at all. I mean I liked the movies but they are not good Blade movies.

#54 Edited by sesquipedalophobe (4786 posts) - - Show Bio

Wesley Snipes was pretty lousy as Blade. I think this was the point where his acting went downhill. Constantine was terrible, therefore we should cast Wesley Snipes to save face.

#55 Edited by daredevil21134 (12394 posts) - - Show Bio

Agreed

#56 Posted by Farkam (5012 posts) - - Show Bio

@childoftheatom said:

Except he was nothing like Blade, at all. I mean I liked the movies but they are not good Blade movies.

What's Blade supposed to be like in the comics?

#57 Edited by Jonny_Anonymous (34370 posts) - - Show Bio

@farkam said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

@childoftheatom said:

English for a start

#58 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (34370 posts) - - Show Bio

@sonofhellstorm said:

@delphic That was a great line.

@daredevil21134 He was fine, once he got comfortable. Wesley Snipes' performance as Blade, was a hard act to follow. That's why so many Blade fans didn't like him. They wanted Snipes. Well Snipes doesn't do TV. The show is free on WB .com. I watch it every couple of years, as a replacement for The Walking Dead on Sunday nights.

I completely agree.I thought as the series went on he got better and better

If they ever reboot Blade or bring him into the Defenders tv shows who would you like to play him?

#59 Edited by phantom1527 (419 posts) - - Show Bio
#60 Edited by Jonny_Anonymous (34370 posts) - - Show Bio
#61 Posted by phantom1527 (419 posts) - - Show Bio
#62 Posted by Jayc1324 (13194 posts) - - Show Bio

False

#63 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (34370 posts) - - Show Bio
#64 Posted by TehStranger (847 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked Snipes as Blade. And without him I'm pretty sure not many people would know who Blade is.

#65 Posted by BlackWind (7060 posts) - - Show Bio

Snipes brought Blade to life with he same magic RDJ did to Iron Man. He knew what to say and exactly what to do to make the character interesting.

#66 Posted by phantom1527 (419 posts) - - Show Bio

Snipes brought Blade to life with he same magic RDJ did to Iron Man. He knew what to say and exactly what to do to make the character interesting.

This. And I feel like people don't give him the credit for setting the trend for Comic Book Movies following the Batman & Robin fiasco.

#67 Posted by Cloakx14 (3866 posts) - - Show Bio

i would like to see Michael Jai White play blade if ever reboot in a movie or tv show.

#68 Posted by DarthAznable (8034 posts) - - Show Bio

@cloakx14: I love Jai but he honestly is not a good actor. Great action star but he'd have to pull some stops to beat the newer comic movies that came out. Snipes was a decent actor all around. I could be wrong though, maybe MJW would pull it off.

I also find it dumb that people have to complain about Blade not being English...that is tremendous knit picking.

#69 Posted by BlackWind (7060 posts) - - Show Bio

@darthaznable: Personally I would definitely not mind at all if they acknowledge the fact that he is indeed English.

However I will never take a Blade with an English accent. It just would not fit then style of the character.

#70 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13643 posts) - - Show Bio

The only thing I didn't like about the Blade films is that they decided to Americanise him

wasnt he being british a retcon introduced after the movies were made as @x35 stated?

although i DO like the idea of him being English better.

#71 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (34370 posts) - - Show Bio

@avenging_x_bolt: No, Blade has been English since his origin was told in 1973

#72 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (34370 posts) - - Show Bio

@cloakx14: I love Jai but he honestly is not a good actor. Great action star but he'd have to pull some stops to beat the newer comic movies that came out. Snipes was a decent actor all around. I could be wrong though, maybe MJW would pull it off.

I also find it dumb that people have to complain about Blade not being English...that is tremendous knit picking.

How is it a nitpick? How do you think Americans would feel if the decided to make Iron Man Austrian?

#73 Posted by daredevil21134 (12394 posts) - - Show Bio

@darthaznable said:

How is it a nitpick? How do you think Americans would feel if the decided to make Iron Man Austrian?

They did it with Deathstroke lol

#74 Edited by Jonny_Anonymous (34370 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous said:

@darthaznable said:

They did it with Deathstroke lol

lol Austrian not Australian :p

#75 Posted by Dhampyre (11 posts) - - Show Bio

@farkam said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

@childoftheatom said:

English for a start

I agree 100%

For me, Blade's English origins add to his back story and gives the character depth. Whenever I read his parts in comics, I imagine him with a kind of Idris Elba accent, but a bit deeper and raspier.

I think they Americanised him because they wanted to pitch him to a US based audience. However he will always be british to me.

This being said, Wesley Snipes reinvented Blade and brought him out of the shadows of obscurity and in doing so he paved the way for more comic films, inspired action scenes in the Matrix (which inspired more films) and gave an alternative approach to the vampire genre.

#76 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (34370 posts) - - Show Bio

@dhampyre: @daredevil21134: @blackwind: I asked Al Ewing on twitter and he said Blade is going to get a lot of love over the next few months :)

Do you think we should make an official Blade thread? I know he's not got an ongoing but he could still have a thread.

#77 Posted by daredevil21134 (12394 posts) - - Show Bio

@dhampyre: @daredevil21134: @blackwind: I asked Al Ewing on twitter and he said Blade is going to get a lot of love over the next few months :)

Do you think we should make an official Blade thread? I know he's not got an ongoing but he could still have a thread.

Go for it. Blade is one of my favorite characters. I'd post there

#78 Posted by Oscuro (1123 posts) - - Show Bio

There should've been a Blade thread ages ago.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.