Follow

Blade

Character » Blade appears in 744 issues.

A human-vampire hybrid with all the strengths but none of the weaknesses of a traditional vampire, Blade has dedicated his life to destroying the occult world of vampires and all who associate with them.

The Future Of "Blade" According To David Goyer...

No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

User Lists: 2

Edited By No_Name_

To comic fans, David Goyer is a household name. His vast resume includes writing, directing and producing films that include "The Dark Knight," "The Flash," and "Batman Begins;" yet he is probably best known for his work on "Blade," which he wrote, produced and directed. Fans of the series have probably wondered whether or not they would ever see another "Blade" film again.  The latest report from MTV indicates that an upcoming "Blade" film is likely regardless of whether or not Wesley Snipes will be involved.

"It's been rumored over at New Line...there's been murmuring [of another] "Blade" film."

There is definitely something to be said about the timing of a series, as well. With the recent cancelation of the "Blade" television series, it is not entirely out of the question to wonder whether springboarding a new " Blade film is really a good idea."

"I think when you revisit these characters, the question is, how long should they stay off the shelf?" he posited. "When we did 'Batman Begins,' he'd been off the shelf for about eight years. It hasn't been eight years yet for Blade. I think usually if you give them a little breathing room between iterations, it's better."

Do you think that there should be another "Blade" film? Did you watch the television series on Spike TV? Did you enjoy it?
    Kurrent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#1  Edited By Kurrent

The show on Spike was GREAT. I liked it a lot. I was kinda pissed when Sticky Fingaz was cast as Blade but he proved me wrong. He was a real good choice.

Adam Michaels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Adam Michaels

I'm all for another Blade film. I'm guessing Blade's film rights belong to New Line and not Marvel Studios. Either way, they treated Blade much better than Columbia/Sony did Spider-Man or Fox did Fantastic Four and Daredevil. I believe they made a better quality series. But that's my opinion. 

I've said it many times before that my wish is that they can create a supernatural continuity much like Marvel is doing now with the Avengers. It would be great to see Marvel's truly out of the ordinary characters in the same "bubble". The likes of Blade who deals with vampires (Morbius being the obvious villain), Ghost Rider who deals with demons and the devil himself, as well as Doctor Strange who deals with the occult and mystical realms. They can obviously bring in characters from those characters' worlds and bring them all together somehow. I can imagine Midnight Sons and Siege of Darkness being put in film. But that's just my own little personal wish.  

I know that little dream of mine won't happen since those properties are owned by different companies.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Isn't Wesley Snipes in jail? Pay your taxes kiddies.

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By NightFang3
    @Kurrent: the show was only canceled  because but if it was on HBO then it would have been better.   
    Avatar image for deactivated-5ffc7df6492da
    deactivated-5ffc7df6492da

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

Wesely Snipes and Morbius, now that's a winner.

HaloKing343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 91

#6  Edited By HaloKing343

There wasn't much of a gap between the Hulk movie and the relaunch of the Hulk franchise.

Jamiracles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Jamiracles

Because of all the Twilight hate, I couldnt see this movie not selling well in retrospect to that Franchise.

Sheep-Kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 24

#8  Edited By Sheep-Kill
    @Adam Michaels said:
    " I'm all for another Blade film. I'm guessing Blade's film rights belong to New Line and not Marvel Studios. Either way, they treated Blade much better than Columbia/Sony did Spider-Man or Fox did Fantastic Four and Daredevil. I believe they made a better quality series. But that's my opinion.   I've said it many times before that my wish is that they can create a supernatural continuity much like Marvel is doing now with the Avengers. It would be great to see Marvel's truly out of the ordinary characters in the same "bubble". The likes of Blade who deals with vampires (Morbius being the obvious villain), Ghost Rider who deals with demons and the devil himself, as well as Doctor Strange who deals with the occult and mystical realms. They can obviously bring in characters from those characters' worlds and bring them all together somehow. I can imagine Midnight Sons and Siege of Darkness being put in film. But that's just my own little personal wish.   I know that little dream of mine won't happen since those properties are owned by different companies.  "
    YES. Adam you and me are on the same wave length. We have Blade and Ghost Rider on, now we got Dr. Strange in creative production.  And yes Morbius on screen hell yeah.  MY favorite Marvel Character next to Ghost Rider. But yeah I say get Blade back on screen, fix up the NIghtstalkers a bit.  Make Hannibal a mist changing, rat controlling vamp again, give us the human Frank Drake, maybe start up on a Darkhold film and hey we Got the MIDNIGHT SONS! 
    jefprice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By jefprice

I Hated the Cheese of the first film. Awful effects ruined it for me. However I loved both of the other two even though I'm not a big blade fan. I'm not a fan of the awful acting in the Spike show, (one of my writers threw a DVD set of it at my head when I told him this) nor was a a fan of Snipes as Blade in any of the films. I would love to see another film though. I'd really love to see it if it had a recast and was done by Marvel studios. There's a lot of actors out there who could bring feeling to this role instead of outdated cheesy fake movie karate and bad acting.

Avatar image for thesavageassasin
    TheSavageAssasin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By TheSavageAssasin
    @Gambler said:
    " Isn't Wesley Snipes in jail? Pay your taxes kiddies. "
    LOL!
    Adam Michaels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Adam Michaels
    @jefprice: 
    I can definitely respect your opinion on Snipes as Blade or even Blade the character as a whole. But I respectfully disagree with you. I'm not a big Snipes fan myself. But I actually find his portrayal of Blade was dead on. I really enjoyed him as the Daywalker and I really enjoyed the trilogy.

@Sheep-Kill:

Well then let's go make it ourselves!!! ;) 

And just to add to it. After reading this, I decided to watch the Blade films over again. I'm watching it and enjoying it, but something I noticed here is that there is all the profanity and explicitness that Marvel complained about with Punisher: War Zone. They said the latter was too R-Rated and alienated a lot of the younger Marvel fans and thus was a reason the film did bad. But in all honesty, I don't buy that. Look at Blade. If the Marvel Knights film imprint existed back then, Blade would definitely fall under that and it shared a lot of success.  

My point is not the what the film is rated, but how you can sell your product. That's what Punisher failed with that Blade succeeded with.

WonderBoy1132

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By WonderBoy1132

meh leave it alone.. i can do without it.

FoxxFireArt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#13  Edited By FoxxFireArt

The first Blade movie was awesome. The second one was....alright. I liked the director. The third, despite having Ryan Reynolds in it, was more "Just leave it alone!".

I tried out the TV seires. It had it's moments.

Archetype

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Archetype

The movies were pretty good action/vampire movies so I guess I don't hate the idea of a new one especially when the man at the helm realizes that the character needs a bit of a break which I certainly agree with.By the time another Blade movie comes out it will probably be twice as good as it would be if it were done now.Also yes I watched the series but I did so as much for Jill Wagner as I did anything else.

AngelFrost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By AngelFrost

I watched the first 2 or 3 episodes of the tv series
    and I didn't like it at all  ... ¬_¬ 

But yeah, I'd love to see another movie.
    :) just keep Jessica Biel out of it, lol.

Avatar image for crimsonthunder1
    Crimson Thunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#16  Edited By Crimson Thunder

Who is there left for Blade to fight. All there is left is Rise of the Midnight Sons. So i geause go with that. 

ryanwh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ryanwh

Wesley Snipes needs work dammit, you gotta do this. Make up a new villain, I don't care, he needs to pay his mortgage.

vicsrealms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By vicsrealms

I enjoyed the first two movies and Snipes did a good job on Blade.  The third one, Snipes just looked completely bored and I couldn't get into it.  That and the mouth (what ever the hell his name is) needed to be taped shut.  The TV show wasn't bad, but the guy playing Blade just didn't have Snipes presence in the role, but it was still a lot of fun.  I would give it a chance as I would like to see Snipes in something better then some of his movies after Trinity.  Plus, I had a lot of fun with the first movies.

bigmoneyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By bigmoneyb
    @Adam Michaels said:
    " @jefprice: 
    I can definitely respect your opinion on Snipes as Blade or even Blade the character as a whole. But I respectfully disagree with you. I'm not a big Snipes fan myself. But I actually find his portrayal of Blade was dead on. I really enjoyed him as the Daywalker and I really enjoyed the trilogy.

@Sheep-Kill:
      Well then let's go make it ourselves!!! ;)   And just to add to it. After reading this, I decided to watch the Blade films over again. I'm watching it and enjoying it, but something I noticed here is that there is all the profanity and explicitness that Marvel complained about with Punisher: War Zone. They said the latter was too R-Rated and alienated a lot of the younger Marvel fans and thus was a reason the film did bad. But in all honesty, I don't buy that. Look at Blade. If the Marvel Knights film imprint existed back then, Blade would definitely fall under that and it shared a lot of success.   My point is not the what the film is rated, but how you can sell your product. That's what Punisher failed with that Blade succeeded with. "
    lmao  what movies stop kids who are to young to watch  the movie lol an the punisher warzone didnt do good because it sucked lol  was it me or did the guy  who was playin the punisher look spanish lol
    Adam Michaels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Adam Michaels

@bigmoneyb: 
    haha...  I seriously find that whole alienating young viewers as full of crap.

I enjoyed this guy as Punisher though. He's big, he's dark, he's gritty, he's cold, and dirty. The way I like Frank Castle. I just think this film had an awful plot and shoved so many of Punisher's MAX villains in one film. Almost as if they were thinking quantity over quality. Maginty was a freakin' roof jumper. WTF? And Cristu was a biological weapons dealer rather than running a slaves ring. Not to mention Pittsy and Ink being terribly portrayed. Also not to menion they're Nicky Cavella's goons and not Jigsaw's.  

Anyways, I am definitely down for more Blade. I'm not a big vampire fan, but I can always find joy in Blade.

Adam Michaels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Adam Michaels
    @ryanwh said:
    "Wesley Snipes needs work dammit, you gotta do this. Make up a new villain, I don't care, he needs to pay his mortgage. "

You mean he needs to pay his taxes. 

Why would they need to create a new villain? Am I the only one who thinks the perfect villain for the next Blade film is Morbius? Forget him in Spider-Man, he doesn't fit in that film franchise. If there is to be a sequel to Blade, then have Morbius be his ally this time. They have a friend/foe type of relationship.  

Other characters/villains in Blade's world (which is not all that known to many): 
    - Draconis: Born and raised for the sole purpose to kill Blade. 
    - Lillith: Dracula's oldest child. She hates her father, but is a vampire nonetheless. She is very powerful and isn't affected by most of the usual stuff that hurt and kill vampires. 
    - Steppin' Razor: He recruits another vampire named Night Terror and attempts to bring back the once-called "Lord of the Vampires" Varnae. They hunt down Blade to be Varnae's vessel when he returns to the world of the living. 

I don't think Blade needs to create new villains. He's already got a few. Enough to actually make another trilogy.

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 12

#22  Edited By Darkchild

Ive loved every Blade movie to date, adn the show at first i disliked simply cause of Fingaz but he proved me wrong. i only watched a few eps but im gonna be getting the series eventually.

Id love to see this BUT ONLY if Snipes sticks with being Blade. If they have to get another Blade then screw it let it end with Trinity.

(Still loves the first movie. Right in the beginning where the guards shoot him an he looks at them "Motha..." AWESOME movie)

Avatar image for moonknightfan123
    MoonKnightFan123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By MoonKnightFan123

They should wait a time before they make another movie, and I didn't watch the Blade series, only some clips on YouTube, and it looked pretty awesome

Adam Michaels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Adam Michaels
    @Darkchild said:
    "

Ive loved every Blade movie to date, adn the show at first i disliked simply cause of Fingaz but he proved me wrong. i only watched a few eps but im gonna be getting the series eventually.

Id love to see this BUT ONLY if Snipes sticks with being Blade. If they have to get another Blade then screw it let it end with Trinity.

(Still loves the first movie. Right in the beginning where the guards shoot him an he looks at them "Motha..." AWESOME movie)

"

Yea that was hilarious: Mutha...a, are you out yo' mind? 

I REALLY enjoyed Snipes as Blade. I feel he made that part his. But I wouldn't stop the franchise for him. I believe he's said before he'd like to do it again. And my first choice would to get Snipes as Blade, but I wouldn't stop it there if they're unable to get him to do it.
    cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#25  Edited By cascadeking09

two words: Jill Wagner

Media_Master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Media_Master

Well, super heroes are the craze now plus vampires, I can see them rebooting Blade easily.

grimreaper1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#27  Edited By grimreaper1980

i think so, i mean we have had deadcon frost, the reapers, and dracula, the question on my mind, and possibly others, is who or what created dracula. that sounds interesting don't you think

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.