Follow

Blade

Character » Blade appears in 744 issues.

A human-vampire hybrid with all the strengths but none of the weaknesses of a traditional vampire, Blade has dedicated his life to destroying the occult world of vampires and all who associate with them.

Is Reginald Hudlin right?

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 15

#1  Edited By daredevil21134
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

This is nearly the same thing that McDuffie said in the Origin of DC.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By daredevil21134

@Vance Astro said:

This is nearly the same thing that McDuffie said in the Origin of DC.

Oh I didn't know that

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

I agree with Hudlin but it seems like Marvel just has a hard time reaching other audiences. I think they simply don't put enough effort into reaching out to them. It's like they want to do it and then half way through they are like...we're not going to waste good art,time and money on this just put whoever on it..and then those projects flop. If they want female and minority characters to sell they have to take the same initiative with them as they do with the characters that are already selling. I think Blade's books are a prime example of my point. The latest Blade series brings you in with Djurdjevic's amazing covers and then the interiors and writing is garbage.Why would I bother to keep picking that up?

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By daredevil21134

@Vance Astro said:

I agree with Hudlin but it seems like Marvel just has a hard time reaching other audiences. I think they simply don't put enough effort into reaching out to them. It's like they want to do it and then half way through they are like...we're not going to waste good art,time and money on this just put whoever on it..and then those projects flop. If they want female and minority characters to sell they have to take the same initiative with them as they do with the characters that are already selling. I think Blade's books are a prime example of my point. The latest Blade series brings you in with Djurdjevic's amazing covers and then the interiors and writing is garbage.Why would I bother to keep picking that up?

I agree 100%

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#6  Edited By ReVamp

I agree with Hudlin but it seems like Marvel just has a hard time reaching other audiences. I think they simply don't put enough effort into reaching out to them. It's like they want to do it and then half way through they are like...we're not going to waste good art,time and money on this just put whoever on it..and then those projects flop. If they want female and minority characters to sell they have to take the same initiative with them as they do with the characters that are already selling. I think Blade's books are a prime example of my point. The latest Blade series brings you in with Djurdjevic's amazing covers and then the interiors and writing is garbage.Why would I bother to keep picking that up?

I agree very much on the part in the beginning about Marvel. Marvel Comics are dying and if they don't do anytrhing in an attempt to reach their fanbase, then sh*t is going to go down son. DC is currently way ahead of Marvel in what they are doing, from a business perspective atl.

Trackz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Trackz

Axel Alonso has already stated they've pretty much stopped trying with their lesser/minority/women characters (not an explicit statement, but it could be insinuated). They're just flooding the market with all of their big selling titles. Take a look at the number of Spiderman, Avengers, X-men, and Hulk titles in the solicitations. Meanwhile they've cancelled Ghost Rider, Black Panther, Daken, X-23, Villains for Hire, and Hercules. Marvel is starting to become pretty monotonous.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By daredevil21134

@Trackz said:

Axel Alonso has already stated they've pretty much stopped trying with their lesser/minority/women characters (not an explicit statement, but it could be insinuated). They're just flooding the market with all of their big selling titles. Take a look at the number of Spiderman, Avengers, X-men, and Hulk titles in the solicitations. Meanwhile they've cancelled Ghost Rider, Black Panther, Daken, X-23, Villains for Hire, and Hercules. Marvel is starting to become pretty monotonous.

Where you the one that asked him a question about Ultimate Blade?

Mega_spidey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By Mega_spidey01

yes, hudlin is right marvel doesn't put time and effort in their lesser known characters. unless they are A list status characters like hulk, spider-man wolverine ,iron man, thor and captain america.

Trackz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Trackz

@daredevil21134 said:

@Trackz said:

yupp

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By daredevil21134

@Trackz said:

@daredevil21134 said:

@Trackz said:

yupp

I thought so,you had the same screen name

jrock85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#12  Edited By jrock85

@Vance Astro said:

That's because Marvel has been hijacked by a bunch of hacks.

Postacrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Postacrat

@Vance Astro said:

Can I borrow this to Co-sign on how much I agree with you?

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By daredevil21134

@Trackz:

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
    WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By WaveMotionCannon

I agree with most of Mr. Hudlins assessment. Part of it is bigger companies inability to create content to connect with a larger, diverse fanbase and the need to turn a profit. It then becomes an excuse to not explore and attempt newer ideas because of low sales.

Rell127

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Rell127

@Vance Astro: Maybe this is just me but Marvel tends to reach out more to other people who don't read comics than any other company. Hell DC may have their black character take charge but no one knows who they are. Blade, and Spawn are the 2 most popular black heroes. Marvel yes tend to focus on their white characters so much more but Marvel is trying with their black characters. BP had a series it was decent. BP is on the Avengers cartoon. Luke Cage ran the Thunderbolts and the Secret Avengers. Storm most known female hero next to wonder woman. Marvel is trying to do it. Marvel even had BP design most things the avengers were using to show how intelligent he is. It's the fans. Marvel needs to do a shake up ow they did back in the 60's.

Rell127

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Rell127

@Trackz: Marvel is becoming DC.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.