How would you sell Blade?

• 171 results
#151 Edited by daredevil21134 (12404 posts) - - Show Bio

I would try and portray him as a cruel, racist bigot against the vampire world. I would start out with him killing normal vampires, and later show how he murders innocent vampires or child vampires. He would come into conflict with someone who recognized his actions as cruel and unjust, and either die or try and turn a new leaf.

Not feeling that bro lol

#152 Posted by BlackWind (7067 posts) - - Show Bio

@daredevil21134: Not to mention he has already done those things in the past. It would ignore.his development to do it again. Blade.is willing to work with and ignore certain vampires/ect, provided they prove they're not dangerous to innocents. Blade's dating Spitfire for cripe's sake, a pseudo vampire. He doesn't need to start acting the way he did in the 70s-90s. Sure, he can still hate the supernatural something fierce, but Blade is too old to be ignorant enough to ignore every "bad" group has some okay people.

#153 Posted by daredevil21134 (12404 posts) - - Show Bio

@daredevil21134: Not to mention he has already done those things in the past. It would ignore.his development to do it again. Blade.is willing to work with and ignore certain vampires/ect, provided they prove they're not dangerous to innocents. Blade's dating Spitfire for cripe's sake, a pseudo vampire. He doesn't need to start acting the way he did in the 70s-90s. Sure, he can still hate the supernatural something fierce, but Blade is too old to be ignorant enough to ignore every "bad" group has some okay people.

Agreed 100%

#154 Posted by Oscuro (1123 posts) - - Show Bio

I probably posted this somewhere but f-ck it I'll post it anyway.

1. Clarify his origin story.

2. Create a formidable and RECURRING rogues gallery

3. Explore the psychology of the character

4. Establish the supernatural world as a real threat to the Marvel Universe (DO NOT make some dumb ass crossover event)

5. Show how badass an 80+ year old Daywalker really is and should be

6. Make a well rounded and interesting supporting cast

7. Occasional cameos from ''bigger'' characters

#155 Edited by BlackWind (7067 posts) - - Show Bio

@Oscuro: His origin should just stay him having been born the daywalker. Leave out that stuff about Morbius' bite changing him. The problem with characters like Blade, is they don't leave enemies alive, there needs to be foes who aren't standard bums who won't be left dead after a fight. As for psychology, I think we the reader should see the struggle of Blade's battles to fight the Thirst, his mindset and thoughts, being 80+ years old, even useless trivia on him! Like I've stated before, vampires aren't enough! More supernatural fles should be shown: vampires, werewolves, zombies, spirits, ghouls, demons, all that stuff!

#156 Posted by Oscuro (1123 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackwind: It seems we agree on everything. But I see your supernatural foes and raise you any type of foe. His focus should be supernatural, but every now and again deal with more ''traditional'' foes

#157 Posted by BlackWind (7067 posts) - - Show Bio
#158 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (34381 posts) - - Show Bio

@daredevil21134: The best way to sell Blade is "What If John Constantine Was The Punisher?" A badass demon hunter that stalks and kills all manor of evil nasties.

#159 Edited by daredevil21134 (12404 posts) - - Show Bio

@daredevil21134: The best way to sell Blade is "What If John Constantine Was The Punisher?" A badass demon hunter that stalks and kills all manor of evil nasties.

Hell Yeah

#160 Posted by phantom1527 (419 posts) - - Show Bio

This is genius. But Marvel always figures out a way to make Blade's comics crappy

#161 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (34381 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous said:

This is genius. But Marvel always figures out a way to make Blade's comics crappy

They just need someone to do for blade what Rucka did for the Punisher, still keep it dark but also bring it into the mainstream Marvel a bit more.

#162 Edited by daredevil21134 (12404 posts) - - Show Bio

@phantom1527 said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

They just need someone to do for blade what Rucka did for the Punisher, still keep it dark but also bring it into the mainstream Marvel a bit more.

Exactly!

#163 Edited by Jonny_Anonymous (34381 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous said:

@phantom1527 said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

Exactly!

And a lot of people are on a bit of a vampire burnout these days so they would have to make it clear that Blade is dealing with a lot of supernatural stuff not just vamps.

#164 Posted by daredevil21134 (12404 posts) - - Show Bio

@daredevil21134 said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

@phantom1527 said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

Exactly!

And a lot of people are on a bit of a vampire burnout these days so they would have to make it clear that Blade is dealing with a lot of supernatural stuff not just vamps.

Which shouldn't be difficult

#165 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (34381 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous said:

@daredevil21134 said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

@phantom1527 said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

Exactly!

Which shouldn't be difficult

You would think.

#166 Posted by BlackWind (7067 posts) - - Show Bio

@daredevil21134: @jonny_anonymous: Ugh, I just argued with someone about that!

Someone told me that since he was "Blade the Vampire Hunter" he needs to only stick to that and nothing else supernatural. Even though he has been doing it since the 90s at least. If he sticks to nothing but vamps, he'll stay in this rut he's been in for years.

#167 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (34381 posts) - - Show Bio

Someone told me that since he was "Blade the Vampire Hunter" he needs to only stick to that and nothing else supernatural. Even though he has been doing it since the 90s at least. If he sticks to nothing but vamps, he'll stay in this rut he's been in for years.

Exactly. Blade needs to be treated like "what if John Constantine was the Punisher" get a good writer with that in mind and he'll sell like hot cakes. But hey he's on the Avengers now so that's some good exposure.

#168 Edited by daredevil21134 (12404 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackwind said:

Exactly. Blade needs to be treated like "what if John Constantine was the Punisher" get a good writer with that in mind and he'll sell like hot cakes. But hey he's on the Avengers now so that's some good exposure.

Agreed

#169 Posted by phantom1527 (419 posts) - - Show Bio

@daredevil21134: Yeah I hope his exposure through The Mighty Avengers Comics can lead to another crack at a solo series where he is a warrior against ALL types of Supernatural threats. And try to maintain the style and personality Wesley Snipes brought since his portrayal is what made Blade a popular character.

#170 Posted by daredevil21134 (12404 posts) - - Show Bio

@daredevil21134: Yeah I hope his exposure through The Mighty Avengers Comics can lead to another crack at a solo series where he is a warrior against ALL types of Supernatural threats. And try to maintain the style and personality Wesley Snipes brought since his portrayal is what made Blade a popular character.

That's the perfect recipe for a great Blade series

#171 Edited by Oscuro (1123 posts) - - Show Bio

I stand by what I stated and agree with everything that has been said after. Blade has tons of potential if someone would just show how much of a beast he is and can be. They've only scratched the surface

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.