Does anyone actually CARE about Blade?

Posted by Joygirl (19951 posts) 1 year, 3 months ago

Poll: Does anyone actually CARE about Blade? (46 votes)

Screw you, Joy! I LOVE Blade! 48%
Ugh, no. I can't stand Blade. 2%
I am totally indifferent to Blade. Meh. 46%
Who's Blade? Are we talking about the little guy from Puppet Master? 4%

Like the comics? Does he have any hardcore fans? I hear him mentioned very infrequently and I'm wondering if anyone actually truly follows him, rather than just having seen the movies or whatever.

#1 Edited by RetconCrisis (4532 posts) - - Show Bio

Meh. Meh, meh, meh, mehehehehe...... meh.

#2 Edited by JetiiMitra (8871 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah... indifferent. Not even the "he could be cool if" indifferent, just don't care at all.

#3 Edited by DecoyElite (4019 posts) - - Show Bio

They care enough to get mad at me when I say Spider-Man beats him in a fight.

#4 Edited by DWrathborne (337 posts) - - Show Bio

I preferred Blade before they 'vamped' him. A near psychotic vampire slayer is more interesting to me than any half-vampire 'Daywalker'.

#5 Posted by The Stegman (25989 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked the first two films....that's about it.

#6 Posted by Blood_Red_Rage (508 posts) - - Show Bio

Not enough to hold his own series consistently.

#7 Posted by BlackWind (7188 posts) - - Show Bio

I do. Blade has had three movies, a television series, and an anime. Thats more than plenty other characters can claim. The problem is that he lacks a supporting cast and villains because he goes to kill them most often and prefers working alone. Marvel seems to do Blade well everywhere but 616.

#8 Posted by daredevil21134 (12641 posts) - - Show Bio

Ultimate Blade is awsome 616 Blade just needs writers who care about him

#9 Posted by BlackWind (7188 posts) - - Show Bio

@daredevil21134: 616 is pretty choppy. He's a pretty different character than he was when he first started out. Blade needs a writer who didn't get their info on him off wikipedia. Like Guggenheim did.

#10 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd get into him but there doesn't seem to be any particular run that's critically-acclaimed and recommended for people who wanna get into the character.

#11 Posted by Mega_spidey01 (3078 posts) - - Show Bio

Ultimate Blade is awsome 616 Blade just needs writers who care about him

#12 Posted by daredevil21134 (12641 posts) - - Show Bio

@daredevil21134: 616 is pretty choppy. He's a pretty different character than he was when he first started out. Blade needs a writer who didn't get their info on him off wikipedia. Like Guggenheim did.

That writer was horrible

#13 Posted by TDK_1997 (15071 posts) - - Show Bio

Back when the movies I came out I was really into him and I still like him a lot.If he gets his own series I would be really happy about it and I will definitely buy it.

#14 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (12589 posts) - - Show Bio

Totally indifferent. Does Marvel still remember him?

#15 Posted by theTimeStreamer (2841 posts) - - Show Bio

his comics are good. and by comics i mean minis. too bad they remember him only 1x or 2x every 4 years.

#16 Posted by SC (13351 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm a pretty big Blade fan. I have met quite a lot of hardcore dedicated Blade fans too. Generally as far as my own perceptions, websites like Comicvine, Comic Book Resources, Marvel.com, so on tend to get a lot of fans from current books or recent books. A lot of fans (sometimes older) dedicated strictly to characters or books that haven't been relevant for a while tend to migrate to smaller more specialized websites to cater to their interests. Unfortunately Blade hasn't had that much of a presence in comics really for a while, although Revolutionary War by DnA hopefully will give Blade some renewed vigor and interest.

#17 Posted by daredevil21134 (12641 posts) - - Show Bio

@sc said:

I'm a pretty big Blade fan. I have met quite a lot of hardcore dedicated Blade fans too. Generally as far as my own perceptions, websites like Comicvine, Comic Book Resources, Marvel.com, so on tend to get a lot of fans from current books or recent books. A lot of fans (sometimes older) dedicated strictly to characters or books that haven't been relevant for a while tend to migrate to smaller more specialized websites to cater to their interests. Unfortunately Blade hasn't had that much of a presence in comics really for a while, although Revolutionary War by DnA hopefully will give Blade some renewed vigor and interest.

I hope so

#18 Posted by BlackWind (7188 posts) - - Show Bio

I've seen this talked about at CBR: Blade needs to not only focus on vampires. It gets stale too quickly.

#19 Posted by Chibi_cute (4612 posts) - - Show Bio

The blade movies introduced me to blade.

#20 Posted by Oscuro (1124 posts) - - Show Bio

he is my favorite character. i think most people like him based off the films

#21 Edited by daredevil21134 (12641 posts) - - Show Bio

I've seen this talked about at CBR: Blade needs to not only focus on vampires. It gets stale too quickly.

Yeah there seems to be a bigger Blade fan base on CBR

#22 Posted by Squares (8392 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know anyone who cares about Blade in the least.

#23 Posted by Marionettegeist (1912 posts) - - Show Bio

I didn't even know Blade was a comic book character for a long time, I though he was just a movie character.

#24 Posted by daredevil21134 (12641 posts) - - Show Bio

Just about every other version of Blade is cool except for 616 Blade

#25 Posted by BlackWind (7188 posts) - - Show Bio

@daredevil21134: I wouldn't even say bad. Just unorganized. The retcon from the 70s origin to being more like the film version wasn't well done.

#26 Posted by daredevil21134 (12641 posts) - - Show Bio

@daredevil21134: I wouldn't even say bad. Just unorganized. The retcon from the 70s origin to being more like the film version wasn't well done.

agreed

#27 Posted by Oscuro (1124 posts) - - Show Bio

@joygirl Blade is my favorite character, but he aint high on Marvel's priority list.

@blackwind said:

agreed

i agree as well

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.