Follow

Blade

Character » Blade appears in 744 issues.

A human-vampire hybrid with all the strengths but none of the weaknesses of a traditional vampire, Blade has dedicated his life to destroying the occult world of vampires and all who associate with them.

Blade Supporting Cast

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By BlackWind

@Trackz: @Oscuro: @daredevil21134: Over the years, Blade has had many stories, but one of the things that he happens to lack is a supporting cast that most people know and identify. Now, using characters from all mediums the character has appeared in, comic/movie/anime, who would you think is best suited to be a permanant part of Blade's world?

For instance, writers tend to like giving Eric a mentor figure. He's had Jamal Afari, Abraham Whistler, Noah van Hellsing, and Bible John. Personally, I have to say Whistler being the tough, ornery old bastard complimented Blade well.

Feel free to suggest any characters who've interacted.with Blade.

Oscuro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@blackwind: For some reason I didn't get a notification. I like both Afari and Whistler as mentors for Blade. I like him and Spitfire together as well. I'd give him some close bonds with characters like Abe Brown, Daredevil, Brother Voodoo and maybe a few obscure ones who could be made relevant.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oscuro: Indeed. Blade needs more "friends." Brother Voodoo seems to like him a bit, because seriously, not many can put up with the guy for.long. HIs interactions with Spider-Man have always been interesting, and I think his meeting with the Punisher aas done well too. It isn't often you find Blade empathizing with someone.

Oscuro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackwind: The supernatural characters are well acquainted with him, so it would make sense that they work together more frequently.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

Maybe you can ask Liberty for permission to do a Give-A-Point.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

I think 616 should introduce whistler and keep Spitfire and go from there

Oscuro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oscuro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackwind: Liberty is a CV user who does blogs called give a point. It's a point system used to determine which characters are essential to someone's personal adventures. For example Daredevil is closely connected with Kingpin, Typhoid Mary, The Hand etc. etc. The problem with doing one for Blade is he has no real connections with any relevant characters. He has Dracula and that's pretty much it. smh

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oscuro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daredevil21134: wtf?! is that a good thing? He is a ronin, but idk bout him being Ronin

Oscuro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daredevil21134: I saw the picture for his wiki changed and I'm wtf is this?

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oscuro said:

@daredevil21134: wtf?! is that a good thing? He is a ronin, but idk bout him being Ronin

I can dig him being on the team but they don't need to cover him up.Blade really needs this push as Blade not someone else

Oscuro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daredevil21134: Preach on!!!! Looks like I'll be retreating to the safety of my mind where Blade actually gets to shine and whoop all kinds of ass. Its both sad and very fulfilling at the same time.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oscuro said:

@daredevil21134: Preach on!!!! Looks like I'll be retreating to the safety of my mind where Blade actually gets to shine and whoop all kinds of ass. Its both sad and very fulfilling at the same time.

Seriously he's one of the most recognizable of the few black heroes we have he doesn't need to be covered to the point where we don't even know it's him

Oscuro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By daredevil21134

@oscuro said:

@daredevil21134: I know. Its total horsesh-t.

Hopefully it won't stick and they just let him be Blade

Oscuro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oscuro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daredevil21134: Let us pray.....With his experience, skill set and powers they better give that motherf-cker some vicious feats. He is severely lacking in that department and it hurts his battle cred :(

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oscuro said:

Seriously he's one of the most recognizable of the few black heroes we have he doesn't need to be covered to the point where we don't even know it's him

In all honesty there aren't many black heroes so they should all be recognizable. And is Blade now dressed as Ronin, what's the deal with the pics above?

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oscuro said:

@daredevil21134: Let us pray.....With his experience, skill set and powers they better give that motherf-cker some vicious feats. He is severely lacking in that department and it hurts his battle cred :(

Agreed

@daredevil21134 said:

@oscuro said:

In all honesty there aren't many black heroes so they should all be recognizable. And is Blade now dressed as Ronin, what's the deal with the pics above?

It was leaked the actual issue hasn't came out yet so I don't know he's wearing it

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oscuro said:

Agreed

@evilvegeta74 said:

@daredevil21134 said:

@oscuro said:

It was leaked the actual issue hasn't came out yet so I don't know he's wearing it

Wow thanks for that info, it must have went over my head.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daredevil21134 said:

@oscuro said:

Agreed

@evilvegeta74 said:

@daredevil21134 said:

@oscuro said:

Wow thanks for that info, it must have went over my head.

No prob

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By BlackWind
    SavageDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#26  Edited By SavageDragon

Did you guys like the Blade 1 and 2 films? I really did.

Oscuro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@savagedragon: Yes. I have all 3 films. The 3rd film has a few moments but they are few and far between

@blackwind: Daredevil informed of this bullsh-t. Seems Blade will be dressed up as Ronin. For what reason? Idk, but its f-cking stupid if its true.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#28  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

The thing that annoys me the most about Blade is everybody likes to pretend he's American

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: I think it is more because many writers don't do research and just assume he is American. Also because Blade himself doesn't often bring up his nationality.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

@blackwind: it's weird with comics, every writer presumes black people are ether American or African and nothing else.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mega_spidey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I think 616 should introduce whistler and keep Spitfire and go from there

i agree.

SonOfHellstorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By SonOfHellstorm

Supporting Cast? How about after the Defenders on Netflix, the do the Midnight Sons as a team. They could have their separate origins and series, leading to a Midnight Sons mini-series. If it does well enough, new ongoing comic series. As for the series and cast:

1. Ghost Rider (i'd prefer Dan Ketch), with Hellstorm and other related characters.

2. Blade, with Whisler, Rachel van Helsing, Quincy Harker, and maybe Hannibal King. Could be like the Tomb of Dracula. Maybe the series could get Dracula right. Or maybe they could do Varnae.

3. Jennifer Kale, with Man Thing of course. An appearance by Doctor Strange wouldn't hurt.

4. Werewolf By Night, do the MAX version.

5. Midnight Sons, have Doctor Strange bring the five (Man-Thing) together against a major supernatural threat. Whistler could be there too, for his expertise.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Supporting Cast? How about after the Defenders on Netflix, the do the Midnight Sons as a team. They could have their separate origins and series, leading to a Midnight Sons mini-series. If it does well enough, new ongoing comic series. As for the series and cast:

1. Ghost Rider (i'd prefer Dan Ketch), with Hellstorm and other related characters.

2. Blade, with Whisler, Rachel van Helsing, Quincy Harker, and maybe Hannibal King. Could be like the Tomb of Dracula. Maybe the series could get Dracula right. Or maybe they could do Varnae.

3. Jennifer Kale, with Man Thing of course. An appearance by Doctor Strange wouldn't hurt.

5. Midnight Sons, have Doctor Strange bring the five (Man-Thing) together against a major supernatural threat. Whistler could be there too, for his expertise.

I can dig that.Especially using Dan Ketch and if they don't want to use Dr.Strange they could always use Brother Voodoo. I also would like to see Satana on the team

SonOfHellstorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By SonOfHellstorm

@daredevil21134 said:

@sonofhellstorm said:

I can dig that.Especially using Dan Ketch and if they don't want to use Dr.Strange they could always use Brother Voodoo. I also would like to see Satana on the team

I picked Dr. Strange, because it seems obvious that he will be involved with the Defenders, given his movie will release around that time. So since his character may already be on Netflix, why not use him as he was heavily involved with the MS. I love Satana, but if it's a choice between her or her brother, i rather Daimon. But i can see that, at least for the comic series:

1. Ghost Rider

2. Blade

3. Werewolf

4. Jennifer Kale

5. Man Thing

6. Daimon Hellstorm

7. Santana Hellstorm

8. Whisler

9. Dr. Strange as an adviser.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daredevil21134 said:

@sonofhellstorm said:

I picked Dr. Strange, because it seems obvious that he will be involved with the Defenders, given his movie will release around that time. So since his character may already be on Netflix, why not use him as he was heavily involved with the MS. I love Satana, but if it's a choice between her or her brother, i rather Daimon. But i can see that, at least for the comic series:

1. Ghost Rider

2. Blade

3. Werewolf

4. Jennifer Kale

5. Man Thing

6. Daimon Hellstorm

7. Santana Hellstorm

8. Whisler

9. Dr. Strange as an adviser.

I like the roster a lot

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Him and Spider-Man is pretty cool. If he appeared more in his comics, people would know about him.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.