Blackout confirmed as Villain for Ghost Rider Spirit Of Vengeance

#1 Edited by TVN (108 posts) - - Show Bio

Johnny Whitworth, who stars in this week's Limitless, has confirmed in an interview with AMC Theatres that he'll be playing Blackout in the upcoming Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance.

Introduced into the Marvel Universe in the early '90s, Blackout was a thug for hire who, after being scorched by Ghost Rider's hellfire, gained demonic powers and sought vengeance against the antihero (at that time Daniel Ketch, brother to Johnny Blaze).

While Whitworth has been confirmed for the film since late last year, it was not known that he'd be playing a character from the comics.

"I play the villain who, at the beginning, up until like page 70, is human," explains Whitworth, "I'm not a very nice guy. I'm bad. I get turned into, for those who read 'Ghost Rider', the character Blackout. I get turned into him by the devil to complete my job. That gives me the fortitude to fight Ghost Rider and the supernatural abilities to compete on some level with that guy."

Catch Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance in 2D and 3D on February 17th, 2012.

#2 Posted by Sheep-Kill (617 posts) - - Show Bio

Im just glad Blackout is going to be on film.  HE is my favorite bad guy.  I just hope they dont %*( him like Blackheart. I dont mind a take on his origin cause it was hardly but lightly explained in the comics.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.