Follow

Blackheart

Character » Blackheart appears in 146 issues.

Blackheart is the son of Mephisto, and being so, planned to seize his father's power and succeeded.

Character review: Blackheart

MTHarman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 0

Edited By MTHarman

First time ever knowing about Blackheart
    First time ever knowing about Blackheart
    My big question is, where is this guy? Why dont I see him in or more involved with the major storylines that Marvel keeps coming out with. I really dont understand how Marvel can't find the potential in this character to involve him, but then again, there are times where Marvel lacks common potential for creativity.  
    Not being on my own top rated list of badguys because of his outstanding winning streak against heroes and his obsession with the death of his father Mephisto that really never follows through. But he is one of my favorite characters that I would love to see more of. As much as I like to explain the full details on this guy, it would take me pages to probably explain the mystical worlds of heaven and hell and its wonderful occupants, even with this guy. I honestly wished Marvel kept this guy on the basics and have him continue doing what he was supposed to do from the start in his first appearance, have Blackheart more involved with the heroes of earth and have his issues be focused on other characters rather than the impossible death of his father (and yes, impossible, because Marvel needs a Satan, and Mephisto graduated over Satan himself on being the main devil in the Marvel Universe, despite what is known). 
    When I first saw this guy, which was on some trading card, I mistaken him for a burnt monkey that was pissed off. Which I later found out who he really was, it was during that time Blackheart was one of the main villains in Marvel, probably because he was Ghost Riders main badguy. Then I realized his first issue was in the Daredevil series, finding it for a dollar at some crappy comic store, it was pretty amazing for a first appearance. Blackheart going toe-to-toe with Daredevil and Spiderman, that was a nice fight to see.  

Why I like this character: 

It's how he looks, creepy as hell, something that would literally make me s**t my pants if he came out of my closet at night. Even though he looks like a toasted level 3 Super Sayian, its also his superior character that I liked, which also fits him very well.  

Whats wrong with him:

As if Marvel doesn't have enough demons flying around, I believe this guy fell victim to that fact. I honestly feel that Marvel just doesn't want to choose this guy out of a whole group of demons, like choosing teams in a basketball game, poor old Blackheart didn't get picked for the next storyline or major event. Or maybe it was because of that disaster movie that would label itself Ghost Rider that displayed Blackheart as a badguy who's less intimidating than a minor villain in the Twilight series. But I think what did happen is that he got his butt kicked so many times thanks to some half-ass writers, which had this serious looking character ended up slowly finding himself in the B-rated list of badguys. Anyways, I honestly dont know where this guy is, what happened, or if we will ever see him more involved again.  

Blackheart in other media: 

Blackheart manages to be a playable character in the Marvel vs Capcom series, which is awesome and he also looks badass. But whats really annoying is that im playing a powerful Marvel character thats getting a royal ass kicking because Blackheart is byfar one of the most slowest and laziest characters in the game. He does make an appearance as a boss in Marvel Ultimate Alliance, which had him as an annoying to fight, and as the final boss in the Ghost Rider Movie Game, but seeing how s***ty the movie was I doubt that a 2-liter of Evan Williams would make me play that game. 
    Im not going into the film, only thing I have to say about the film is that it should be less degrading than a snuff film and I have no idea who the main badguy on that film is that likes to name himself Blackheart, but that is not Blackheart from Marvel, must be some other Blackheart, but that badguy on the film doesnt rate to be known as Blackheart. 

Basically I wish Marvel would bring this character back and more involved, I know that this guy would be useful for a major storyline or a event. I hate to see this guy secretly hidden away and forgotten like some kind of accident or disgrace.
    cloverfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By cloverfield

hes awesome in ghostrider and his friends i dont like them only earth wind and water

Avatar image for majinblackheart
    MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By MajinBlackheart  Moderator

I'm all for him getting a bigger spotlight.  

As for Marvel vs Capcom - he is slow but he's badass. You just have to know how to use him. He was really good in Marvel Super Heroes but they dumbed him down a bit so he was less awesome in MvC. They did the same thing with Thanos.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.