Follow

Blackest Night

Story arc »

The Blackest Night is the third part of Geoff Johns's trilogy in the Green Lantern universe. This storyline will follow the events of Sinestro Corps War and the fallout of the War of Light.

Did the Designated Lanterns Lose their rings?

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By DEGRAAF

K Blackest night is over. The designated lanterns rings are only said to last for 24 hours. so here are a couple questions 

1.) from the time that the characters shown above got their rings, did the battle go on for more than 24 hours? 

2.) Did these chosen ones get to keep their rings after the war? 

3.) We saw Mera's disappear and i thought we saw Wallys vanish also, what about everyone else. Did they lose their rings also? 

it doesnt look as tho Lex has lost his. 

4.) After the rings were suppose to disappear could the rings of then chosen these people making them official lanterns? 

5.) Lex is with Brainiac right now fighting Krypton. According to the evidence should he have his orange ring?
    JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#2  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

Well, Scarecrow was chosen by the Yellow Ring, but Hal and John stopped the ring from getting to him. He more than any of the others I want to become an official member of the Sinestro Corps.

But yes, they lost their rings.

GothamBat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By GothamBat

I think The Atom was awesome as part of the Indigo Tribe.
    DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By DEGRAAF
    @GothamBat: 
    he is what got this topic started me and another were talking about whether or not he still had his staff or ring. I didnt think he did. 

@JediXMan:

if they lost their rings what about the image above of an upcoming cover of luthor with the orange ring?
    GothamBat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By GothamBat

Also think Barry shoulda stayed a Blue Lantern and let Wally be The Flash. I'm a Wally fan. lol
    MrMiracle77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By MrMiracle77

They were deputized for 24 hours.  I think Ganthet mentions that in #6.

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By AtPhantom

Barry I think lost it if his new series is anything to go by. Same with Atom. Mera also lost it. Lex and Scarecrow didn't. Don't know about Carrol.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By danhimself

Johns has said that Luthor and Scarecrow are going to be trying very hard to get back their rings and it looks as though Luthor may succeed...also that image is from an upcoming Superman arc

Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#9  Edited By Caligula

Luthor, and Scarecrow keep theirs
    danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By danhimself
    @Caligula said:
    " Luthor, and Scarecrow keep theirs "
    no they didn't....they even show Larfleeze taking Luthor's ring in Blackest Night #8....the rings disappear after 24 hours...none of the deputized Lanterns kept their rings
    Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Caligula
    @danhimself said:
    " @Caligula said:
    no they didn't....they even show Larfleeze taking Luthor's ring in Blackest Night #8....the rings disappear after 24 hours...none of the deputized Lanterns kept their rings "

well then Luthor gets an new one, because there are all kinds of images, leaked from the new superman series, showing Lex with a power ring. 

and Scarecrow was already chosen once by the yellow power ring, he'll get it back one hundred percent
    danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By danhimself
    @Caligula said:

" @danhimself said:

" @Caligula said:
    no they didn't....they even show Larfleeze taking Luthor's ring in Blackest Night #8....the rings disappear after 24 hours...none of the deputized Lanterns kept their rings "
    well then Luthor gets an new one, because there are all kinds of images, leaked from the new superman series, showing Lex with a power ring.  and Scarecrow was already chosen once by the yellow power ring, he'll get it back one hundred percent "
    right above your post I said  "Johns has said that Luthor and Scarecrow are going to be trying very hard to get back their rings and it looks as though Luthor may succeed...also that image is from an upcoming Superman arc "
    Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Caligula
    @danhimself said:
    " @Caligula said:

" @danhimself said:

" @Caligula said:
    well then Luthor gets an new one, because there are all kinds of images, leaked from the new superman series, showing Lex with a power ring.  and Scarecrow was already chosen once by the yellow power ring, he'll get it back one hundred percent "
    right above your post I said  "Johns has said that Luthor and Scarecrow are going to be trying very hard to get back their rings and it looks as though Luthor may succeed...also that image is from an upcoming Superman arc " "

my apologies. 
    I didn't know if you had seen the images or not, didn't read that post. 
    I can't wait to see Lex and Clark go at it, with Lex being a lantern. Hell i'd like to see Larfleeze and Lex go Head to Head, in all out construct war
    danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By DEGRAAF
    @MrMiracle77 said:
    " They were deputized for 24 hours.  I think Ganthet mentions that in #6. "
    he did but then what about the pic of lex in an orange lantern armor coming up on a future cover? 

@AtPhantom
    said:
    " Barry I think lost it if his new series is anything to go by. Same with Atom. Mera also lost it. Lex and Scarecrow didn't. Don't know about Carrol. "
    Carrol got hers thru that corps not during the 24 hours period, she is a real member now. Also i thought Wally had the blue ring not barry? 

@danhimself
    said:
    " Johns has said that Luthor and Scarecrow are going to be trying very hard to get back their rings and it looks as though Luthor may succeed...also that image is from an upcoming Superman arc "
    This is great news. It sounds like they will be mixing up peoples villains more then.
    DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By DEGRAAF

Also Ganthet keeps his ring which should of disappeared

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.